Ventrogluteal Injection for DUMMIES!

NbleSavage

Veteran
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I think most will have a "dominant side" which prolly has more to do with your dominant hand preference than anything else. No worries, as Popeye has pointed out, its a large target and relatively forgiving. You'll be fine, Mate :)

Tilltheend

Banned
Reaction score
I just pin anywhere on the hip and it works fine for me.

Braw16

Reaction score
I just pin anywhere on the hip and it works fine for me.

Really because I hit the wrong spot and really fucked myself had trouble walking for a few days and then when I did find I dumped to much oil in and pissed it off. I wish I could stick myself anywhere on my hip and be good your a lucky one Tilly.

PillarofBalance

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I did not mean to come off as disrespectful, if that's how you read that post. When making this thread, my purpose was to keep it simple......and not get this type of confusion involved.

So to clarify what I was saying.......

While you are correct that ventro 'literally' means to the front, when you add gluteal to that it does not make it 'literally' mean 'front butt'. Your 'side buttocks' (gluteas medius) is more to the front than your 'ass' (gluteus maximus).......hence ventrogluteal site.

The Gluteal Medius is what we are injecting.....ANY part of it, toward the front, the back, or wherever. The "ventroglute" is NOT the name of this, or any muscle in the human body.

This picture is a "standard method" (one of SEVERAL methods) to find the VG site, more-so for a nurse pinning someone completely unfamiliar to them. That method is not pointing to where the "VG muscle" is or where it should be injected on everyone. The whole area I highlighted in RED is the Gluteus Medius, which is able to be injected basicaly anywhere.
vg1e_zpsa481744c-1_zps9d62584a.jpg

Front butt?

So Capt Ron is saying pin here?

tumblr_m3yzzzIngI1rv58elo1_400.jpg

Popeye

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
That is awful....you forgot to blur out your face.

Capt'n Ron

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
WTF If I had to give POB's gut a technical label I'd call it a Bifurcated Panniculus. When you squat heavy and wear a belt does it go under that or over it?

NbleSavage

Veteran
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
What has been seen cannot be unseen.

username1

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Damn I can't believe I didn't get sore at all. I never felt anything after, not even virgin muscle pip. I also did the left side the other day, I saw where it popped out and went for it. Looked like it was a little farther back than on my right side, to the point where I felt like I was reaching back a bit. Though still I didn't get any pip or nothing, so awesome! The only other place I can hit without any soreness is delts but, after the shot sometimes I can feel a little something even if it's just a little that lets me know I just injected. Maybe it's because I've been hitting delts for so long but, with ventro there was nothing at all.

Reaction score
Been trying to find this sucker for ages, gonna give it a try tonight this thread helped

NbleSavage

Veteran
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Been trying to find this sucker for ages, gonna give it a try tonight this thread helped

That first VG pin is all mental. Once you get over it in your head, VG's are a breeze. Far & away my fav spot for pinning.

HydroEJP88

Elite
Reaction score
I've never tried the VG, I went straight to my quads, delts, and tris

cybrsage

Reaction score
I need a new site - I will try the VG for my next TRT shot.

Sledge

Reaction score
I'm having a hard time finding this. I think I've been pinning my upper right glute thinking it was vg. If i lay on my side and lift my leg, the muscle that pops out is the vg? It's pretty far forward.

schultz1

Honorary VIP
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Not sure why i have never done the vg but, will be adding it into the rotation. Good pics for illustration, thanks.

Dex

Elite
Reaction score
This is my main site. I pin it while lying on my side. I am right handed and hitting that side is more difficult but both are smooth. Quads are more painful and I always get some pip the next day or so.

j2048b

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
This is my main site. I pin it while lying on my side. I am right handed and hitting that side is more difficult but both are smooth. Quads are more painful and I always get some pip the next day or so.

Do u rotate one leg over or just stay on ur side with one leg directly under the other?? U got a pic to show people how u do it?

kingblasted

Reaction score
Thanks for the info popeye. Just tried this for the first time and it went great. Much appreciated

Reaction score
I love VG site using a 25g 1inch pin I can't feel a thing best way to find it is get someone to feel for the landmarks for you I found it hard to find until my lady gave me a hand

New Threads