Ventrogluteal Injection for DUMMIES!

Popeye

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I know these are just diagram after diagram, but never mind all the crazy names nonsense that each specific part has.....that's where it gets intimidating!!!

(See pics in post #2)

If pinning left vent, I lean opposite (R)hip/cheek against sink, practically sitting on it, cross left leg over in front of me and put no weight on left leg so muscle is relaxed.

Below hip, but above leg joint......the only muscle there (mine slightly bulges out when I do this) is what I pin. Very easy once you do it, minimal pip if any......ZERO PAIN for me before, during, and after!!! I've injected up to 3cc!

Hope this pushes you into that comfort zone! :D

BTW....my first time did not go too smooth, not bad by any means.....but has been a breeze since.

(For entertainment purposes only)

Attachments

• card-3805668-back.jpg
    card-3805668-back.jpg
    74.7 KB · Views: 1,219
  • 86553624058279018_VuFmwrbC_b.jpg
    86553624058279018_VuFmwrbC_b.jpg
    18 KB · Views: 1,152
Last edited:

Popeye

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Blue dot on left is front of hip. (Attached pic at bottom of post)

Upper blue dot is top of hip.

Lower blue dot is leg/hip joint.

White outline is hip/pelvis bone and leg bone/joint.

Also, here is a pic without the drawing in the way........

As you can see, the VG is bulging out.

Do whatever you gotta do to get it to "pop" out. Shift weight back and forth, lift leg, flex glutes, etc.

Another thing that works great to find it is lay down on your side and slowly lift your knee in front of you towards your chest. Go slow, I can see mine very well when I do this.

When it pops out, you can mark it with whatever....and inject basically right in the center of the VG or the "meatiest" part of the VG.

Attachments

• images (1).jpg
    images (1).jpg
    12 KB · Views: 1,060
  • Screenshot_20190730-053109_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20190730-053109_Chrome.jpg
    21.5 KB · Views: 265
Last edited:

Jada

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
before i start my cycle soon i need to get this damn VG site down pack! hopefully if SAD puts up the video me and alot of bros get that understanding where the hell its at:-B

pirovoliko

Reaction score
I know these are just diagram after diagram, but never mind all the crazy names nonsense that each specific part has.....that's where it gets intimidating!!!

View attachment 376 Look at the landmarks: top of hip....front of hip.....leg joint

View attachment 377 I did it after I saw this picture, basically the only muscle in between the top of your hip bone and leg joint

If pinning left vent, I lean opposite (R)hip/cheek against sink, practically sitting on it, cross left leg over in front of me and put no weight on left leg so muscle is relaxed.

Below hip, but above leg joint......the only muscle there (mine slightly bulges out when I do this) is what I pin. Very easy once you do it, minimal pip if any......ZERO PAIN for me before, during, and after!!! I've injected up to 2cc!

Hope this pushes you into that comfort zone! :D

BTW....my first time did not go too smooth, not bad by any means.....but has been a breeze since.

(For entertainment purposes only)

The second picture here is pretty ggod. Just keep in mind that the VG muscle is high up on the hip and towards the front.

PFM

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Yep, she takes 5cc with a little PIP, but a full 3 EOD for eternity.

sfstud33

SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Great Thread. VGs are an awesome place to inject, much easier to manage than shoulders.

Can you really inject EOD in that area? I just inject once a week, but sometimes i need to get more oil in...

Curiosity

SI Founding Member
Reaction score
VG is great. Don't get frustrated if you don't do it perfectly the first time. My first few times trying it were a little nerve racking and a couple times I had to pull the pin and re-pin because I felt I was in the wrong place... But after doing it a few times its a piece of cake. And like these guys said, It was less noticeable than glutes, way less noticeable than quads. I would strongly advise anyone to work it into their site rotation.

DF

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I've used a 1 1/2" without a problem. This is some good info on the ventro glute inject site. Nice job Popeye! I'm going to make it a sticky.

Popeye

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
VG also has a very low amount of nerves and arteries in the area.

The actual muscle is used way less than any other area when considering daily movements, lifting, etc.

It will take a couple of attempts to be comfortable with it, but anyone who does include this site in their roto, it usually becomes their favorite...9 times out of 10.

I'm contemplating making a vid or at least pics of how I do it/find it on myself...since a couple responsdees to this thread are still unsure

Popeye

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
What length needle y'all use for this

I use a 1 1/2 inch pin, usually leaving about an 1/8"-1/4" out, stabilizing it with opposite palm on hip bone.

Another plus is that you can inject with dominant hand on both sides!

DF

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
It can be a tricky spot to find, but is well worth the effort.

SAD

Reaction score
I use a 1 1/2 inch pin, usually leaving about an 1/8"-1/4" out, stabilizing it with opposite palm on hip bone.

Another plus is that you can inject with dominant hand on both sides!

You either have wicked long arms or used to be a contortionist because I can't even dream about being able to pin my left VG with my right hand. It's actually laughable, lol.

I use a 25g 1" and just slam it home. For all of you who are worried about breaking off a needle in your muscle, and therefore leave a 1/4" out each time so you could possibly grab it with needle-nose pliers if need be, grab a spare syringe/needle and try to break off the needle. Seriously, give it a go. I guarantee that you won't be scared anymore of breaking off a needle in your muscle.

I'm pinning my right VG tomorrow and will have my wife video it. Should have it up by tomorrow night.

Popeye

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
You either have wicked long arms or used to be a contortionist because I can't even dream about being able to pin my left VG with my right hand. It's actually laughable, lol.

I use a 25g 1" and just slam it home. For all of you who are worried about breaking off a needle in your muscle, and therefore leave a 1/4" out each time so you could possibly grab it with needle-nose pliers if need be, grab a spare syringe/needle and try to break off the needle. Seriously, give it a go. I guarantee that you won't be scared anymore of breaking off a needle in your muscle.

Why the hostility??

You really can't touch your right hip with your right hand....that is very interesting??!!???!! You must either have short arms or a two foot plunger on your syringes.

I don't leave the pin out 1/4" in fear of it breaking off.....It's because I don't want to slam home 1 1/2" in my VG.

In your case, yes, b***z deep a one inch all day.

Four1Thr33

SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Damn i want to pin my VG. But it all feels like bone and doubt
Can't wait for a video. And I hope one from someone not so ripped

Popeye

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Why the hostility??

You really can't touch your LEFT hip with your right hand....that is very interesting??!!???!! You must either have short arms or a two foot plunger on your syringes.

I don't leave the pin out 1/4" in fear of it breaking off.....It's because I don't want to slam home 1 1/2" in my VG.

*correction

SAD

Reaction score
Why the hostility??

You really can't touch your right hip with your right hand....that is very interesting??!!???!! You must either have short arms or a two foot plunger on your syringes.

Where in my post did you feel I was hostile?

The part about being scared to break off the needle was directed at newbies that may be scared of such a thing. Unless you're a noob, it was not directed at you.

And I do not have short arms nor a two-foot plunger. I guess I just have much bigger muscles than you and therefore less ROM, lol. You asked!

Popeye

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Where in my post did you feel I was hostile?

The part about being scared to break off the needle was directed at newbies that may be scared of such a thing. Unless you're a noob, it was not directed at you.

And I do not have short arms nor a two-foot plunger. I guess I just have much bigger muscles than you and therefore less ROM, lol. You asked!

Touche my friend....I am certainly not a monster by any means.....I agree it would be difficult if you are massive.

New Threads