Thanks

We are a bunch, that's for sure!

We all share many of the same traits and eventually experience virtually all the same old stuff, it's a matter of time. One thing came to mind this evening, it's pretty common to hear "I can only ______ 285 or 390 or what ever the weight is IT"S ALLOT OF WEIGHT!!!!

We become desensitized. Remember popping 150 on bench? How about 225 and so on. We're allot stronger then we think because we are around other guys lifting bigger, that are bigger and often a BB like myself doesn't even care anymore about the #'s.

I look like I can bench press a car, it's all that matters to me ;-)
    Thugs
    Don't
    Matter

Thanks

Re: We are a bunch, that's for sure!

I'm older than most here, and one day you will find out that it is TOUGH working out in the gym when you are 50. Plus there are a few big men at my gym, so I never feel like the BMOC.

However.....

When I'm just walking around, I do notice that everyone else looks pretty small.

Anyways, before I got my shoulder back in shape (via TB500), My best MP that I repped with was something like 240. There was pain when i was doing it too. After, I switched from the smith machine to some other machine that's at a 45 degree, and faces up. So i went from repping 240 to repping 340. I was a little stunned the improvement when pain free. Granted, 340 on that machine is NOT the same as 340 on the Smith. But my point is we all move weight and don't think too much about it. Until you see some guy come into the gym and struggle with half the weight. It's easy to forget how far we've come.........

Thanks

ya mike i agree with you, we are mostly all type a aggressive people, military, sports, motorcycles, fast cars, those that are true to the sport anyway. and not those looking for the easy way

Thanks

this must be the old guys post 52 here roman

Thanks

Originally Posted by ken View Post
    right behind you mate!

51 in 9 days!

and it just keeps getting better and better :^O

Thanks

You old ****s just looking for a pat on the back because you go to the gym.

Well god damnit you deserve. I hope I still have the drive in 20 more years.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,498 Times in 2,301 Posts

Originally Posted by PFM View Post
    We all share many of the same traits and eventually experience virtually all the same old stuff, it's a matter of time. One thing came to mind this evening, it's pretty common to hear "I can only ______ 285 or 390 or what ever the weight is IT"S ALLOT OF WEIGHT!!!!

We become desensitized. Remember popping 150 on bench? How about 225 and so on. We're allot stronger then we think because we are around other guys lifting bigger, that are bigger and often a BB like myself doesn't even care anymore about the #'s.

I look like I can bench press a car, it's all that matters to me ;-)
    I started off with 25's on a damn hammer machine bench when I was 37 as that is when I got back into things I couldn't do 45's on a machine, I couldn't squat 315 let lone 300 until I got on a powerlifting team that corrected and pushed me.

I bench more then what I couldn't squat and surpassed what I couldn't squat.

I couldn't pull 400 until the team.

Before injury came about I was shooting for a 600 squat in a loose suit, 500 bench in a shirt and 600 pull in a suit.
    Knock Em Down and Keep Em Down!

Thanks

Times-- what was wrong with your sholder? And how did tb500 help?
    Wolves don't loose sleepover opinions of sheep

Thanks

Wow. Looked that shit up. Seems to cost 70$ a week. **** that hgh is cheaper
    Wolves don't loose sleepover opinions of sheep

Thanks
    Thanked 3,356 Times in 1,800 Posts

At times it is tough for me to erase what I used to do in my 20's & what I do now. An example would be I just started doing close grip bench to improve my triceps. I have not benched or close grip benched in years. I gave it a go starting on the smith machine...ugh 45's on each side were a challenge 10-15 reps ...sonofa. I can recall doing close grip bench with 275 for 10-12 reps. While I'm sure I willl improve upon that weight given time it just sucks ass!

Thanks

Originally Posted by ken View Post
    There are a bunch of us here.
    Thugs
    Don't
    Matter

Thanks

I'm 24, I am naturally athletic naturally well built. I can lose weight quick or gain it. It all depends on my training and diet. For me to have strength I need to focus on the weight. I really need to get to a gym to reach my full potential everything but my legs look like I am working out on a full routine.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,804 Times in 1,268 Posts

Originally Posted by SFGiants View Post
    I started off with 25's on a damn hammer machine bench when I was 37 as that is when I got back into things I couldn't do 45's on a machine, I couldn't squat 315 let lone 300 until I got on a powerlifting team that corrected and pushed me.

I bench more then what I couldn't squat and surpassed what I couldn't squat.

I couldn't pull 400 until the team.

Before injury came about I was shooting for a 600 squat in a loose suit, 500 bench in a shirt and 600 pull in a suit.
    thinking about joining a team myself.............

Thanks

PFM you are 100% right....it's all relative. I think most of us are malcontents...always wanting more, more, more until we hurt something. I always get caught up in weight, it only takes one skinny guy next to you in the gym throwing up 80lbs dumbells and you're like ****...I'm weak!! I like pushing heavy weight, when it doesn't hurt. I'm actually stronger now than I ever was which isn't saying much.
    Chances are if you busting a nut, you're having a good time!

Thanks

Originally Posted by Four1Thr33 View Post
    Times-- what was wrong with your sholder? And how did tb500 help?
    I had two (2) issues at the time. My right shoulder was hurting since I'm and old fuk and shit just wears out. I keep thinking i'm a kid and can still lift like when i was a kid, and my body sometimes has to smack me on the head to get my attention by having something fuk up like my shoulder. It just hurt like hell and really made BP/MP very hard to deal with due to the pain. It was a rotator cuff issue, and I'm a side sleeper, and it just hurt all the time. The other issue was tendonitis in my right elbow area.

The TB500 (aka Tb4) is a SubQ weekly injection. The entire course lasts about six (6) weeks for most moderate injuries. By about week 3, i was beginning to notice improvements in both conditions. By week six (6), my tendonitis was in remission and my shoulder was about 95% pain free.

My son is a weight lifter too, and he had some shoulder problems. So I had him do the TB, and same result with him. His shoulder was 95% pain free in only 6 weeks.

Since I started my public log, there have been a total of about six (6) blokes that have successfully used the TB.

Maybe I should start a thread?

What do you blokes think?

Thanks

Originally Posted by Four1Thr33 View Post
    Wow. Looked that shit up. Seems to cost 70$ a week. **** that hgh is cheaper
    yyou are not looking in the right place then. the whole six week course should run you less than $100

Thanks

Originally Posted by ccpro View Post
    PFM you are 100% right....it's all relative. I think most of us are malcontents...always wanting more, more, more until we hurt something. I always get caught up in weight, it only takes one skinny guy next to you in the gym throwing up 80lbs dumbells and you're like ****...I'm weak!! I like pushing heavy weight, when it doesn't hurt. I'm actually stronger now than I ever was which isn't saying much.
    at some point, i had to come to the sober realization that the rules of the game change with time. My #1 concern now is injury prevention. Been hurt 3x in 3 years, and each time that muscle group took 6 months to heal

Thanks

Good thread PFM! As far as the numbers go it shouldnt really matter as long as your progressing and reaching your goals. I too look like I can lift a lot more than I do. But I'm not a powerlifter. I am just looking to build a physique.