how many of you here slam your weights?

losieloos

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I do, of course if its heavy but I know some people find it annoying. I also tend to get pound and grunt. A women came up to me once and asked me why do I slam the weights, I just walked away.

ken Sass

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
you can't explain it just tell them to check out planet fuck off gym

losieloos

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Haja yeah most of the guys that complain wish they could lift heavy weights

Times Roman

Reaction score
the one that bothers me is the seated calf raises. there are these three bozo's that come in when i do, and just like to bounce the plates to make a rattling noise that everyone in the gym can hear. I was looking at their form, and it totally sucks.

noisy bastads!

IWannaGetBig

SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I should preface this by saying they do not go flying, it's more of a controlled drop. But yes, I am Guilty. Guys, you know as well as I do, if you're on the incline bench pushing the 100lb dumbells to failure, I am NOT going to blow my shoulder out trying to ease that kind of weight down.

Reaction score
I have to slam my weights sometimes. Have no choice. I grunt and I huff and puff and pace. No one has ever said shit. I must go to a real gym

SFGiants

Elite
Reaction score
Only when pulling heavy and re-racking a heavy walked out squat, can't be a princess with heavy weight.

Rip

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Exactly!
When I've finished my last rep of a set, the last thing I would want to do is take my time setting down the weight gently. LOL.
I do try to stop them from going any further, once they hit the floor.

I should preface this by saying they do not go flying, it's more of a controlled drop. But yes, I am Guilty. Guys, you know as well as I do, if you're on the incline bench pushing the 100lb dumbells to failure, I am NOT going to blow my shoulder out trying to ease that kind of weight down.

Christosterone

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I just make sure to finish the rep, lift it through entire range

SAD

Reaction score
I just make sure to finish the rep, lift it through entire range

Based on your avatar, and your posts above, I'm deducing that you don't lift heavy. You don't have to be a powerlifter, olympic lifter, or strongman to appreciate the fact that with certain movements and heavy weight, it doesn't pay off and is rather stupid to try to control the weight after the rep is performed.

P.S. - I'm VERY loud when setting down heavy deads, especially banded deads. I also yell at myself a little before ME squats and deads.

SFGiants

Elite
Reaction score
Actually someone already touched on it but it's not slamming the weight it's dropping it from a certain height.

You control a have deadlift to about below your knees then let it go, it's just so heavy and being aggressive on the lift girls and whips think is it slamming.

Now to slam weight like actually throw dumbbells to the ground because you feel like King Shit with that set of arm curls then that is wrong.

Even heavy barbell rows get to a point you drop the bar at a certain height.

Dropping the bar purposely from your hips deadlifting means your a your and idiot tool and if you bend that bar by doing so then your need your ass kicked..

There is a point of where the control of the weight can hurt you badly and is why you drop it with control not throwing it to the ground.

Dropping a heavy deadlift below knees is considered proper technique and done so in competition, love to see one control a heavy snatch back to the floor.

SFGiants

Elite
Reaction score
I don't slam the weight like some high school Harry.. Prs are 550 squat 500 dl 495 bench..always picking at ppl sad breaks my hypertrophied heart... Haha sfg, I try not to drop snatch waist high, it's a long fall for me from there...

WTF dude? Whatever ignore list your ass and bullshit on them PR's just look at you I see no muscle on you to do so! Your upper arms are the same size as your lower arms and I bet your thighs are the size of your shins.

Bye Bye!

SAD

Reaction score
I don't slam the weight like some high school Harry.. Prs are 550 squat 500 dl 495 bench..always picking at ppl sad breaks my hypertrophied heart... Haha sfg, I try not to drop snatch waist high, it's a long fall for me from there...

Yo tilly, did you just say you've benched 495? Is that you in your avi? Huh......well damn, that's probably an all-time world record for a guy your size.

And I'm not picking, I'm telling the truth. Can't handle it? Don't step up to the plate.

Now, you seem like you could be a good member to have here, since you are a nurse or whatever, but you don't seem to be very tolerant of others' ideas that may differ from yours. I could be wrong, but you kind of carry an air of superiority around.

Christosterone

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Damn bro, ouch, that's me since I had knee surgery, I've been out for year and a half, haven't been able to squat in that time.

Christosterone

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I'm not a nurse either, I don't power lift because I need stamina, and was taught to always control weight. I'm not all knowing. I'm here to learn.

New Threads