HGH and sleep

PFM

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Perhaps as collective we can answer some questions around sleep disorders/disruption and the use of HGH and it's possible enhancement of REM.

I'll share my experience, please guys chime in with your own experience/problems and solutions.

I live with chronic issues that wake me, this has gone on for many years and needless to say, my sleep is fucked! The use of HGH for anti-aging purposes has not contributed to improvement of sleep patterns or staying asleep. I can testify my quality of sleep when I do sleep is a greatly improved. I dream now, my recovery is improved.

How has GH or any drug or therapy helped your sleep disorder?

jennerrator

Fallen Member
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
IMO, gh has done nothing for my sleep.........only sleep good when I've gone days without good sleep.

amore169

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I mostly work nights so my sleep pattern is all messed up, I been using Rips for almost 5 months already, I'm pinning before bed and my sleep has improved tremendously, like u mention now I have dreams which I never had before, so my verdict is that the use of HGH has helped my sleep.

SAD

Reaction score
While I do think GH can improve sleep for some people, possibly even most people, it has done nothing for me. Yes, I dream more intensely, but I sleep so deeply that my sleep apnea takes on a whole new persona. Instead of snoring loudly and interrupting breathing every so often, I now have choppy, short, wheezing breaths when I AM breathing, and LONG periods of no breathing at all. I don't feel more rested when I wake up than I used to, although I do think I recover more quickly. The vivid dreams are fun and intense, but I don't think I sleep any better.

Once I get my CPAP and can take care of my sleep apnea, I expect to realize the full sleep benefits of GH.

NbleSavage

Veteran
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Great thread. I have personally experienced that I wake less frequently (on average 1-2 times per night) when on GH versus when not (5-6 times per night). Sleep quality is also improved: I sleep more deeply and fall asleep more rapidly when I do wake.

gymrat827

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
i talk Temazepam (30mg) and 300mg of seroquel XR. I sleep, still wake up 3 times but this is the best and most potent sleep med stack ive ever taken. (well in my 9 yrs of sleep medications)

really hopeful 2 IU will help me sleep deeper, and for longer periods of time.

Tilltheend

Banned
Reaction score
I have never use HGH. I would expect it to help deepen my sleep and make it more restful with all I have read about it.

pirovoliko

Reaction score
I also have had difficulty sleeping due to a mild sleep apnea condition. Since beginning GH three weeks ago (2 ius in AM on waking), I do find I sleep a little better, dream more vividly, toss and turn less, wake up more rested and my recovery is better. Slight changes mind you. However, My sleep is also deeper and I dont wake during the night except to go to the bathroom, so thats a plus for me. Not sure if I can attribute it to GH, but havent added anything else in that time. Curious to see what happens when I bump the dose next week to 3 ius (will be doing 2 ius in AM and 1 iu PM as recommended by several vets here). Hopefully sleep improvement will magnify.

Is better sleep due to GH related to increased doses? Any thoughts...

Onlythebestwilldo

SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I have been usin GH bout 5months and my wife reckons its making it harder for me to get me out of bed in the morning. I always wake in the middle of the night and so far GH hasn't stopped it yet(dam). So deeper sleep-yes. Longer uninterrupted-no. IMO

BigFella

SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Once I get my CPAP and can take care of my sleep apnea, I expect to realize the full sleep benefits of GH.
SAD, if you get the CPAP sorted you won't know yourself. For me it wasn't easy, but sleep with CPAP is at least 50% more effective than sleep without. I don't go anywhere without it, even overnight.

I'm hoping to get my HGH next week - I'll report back, because my biggest problem is sleeping.

BigFella

SI Founding Member
Reaction score
. . . 2 ius in AM on waking . . .
One suggestion/question: why don't you take it before bed? That's certainly what I'm planning, for these reasons.

Edit: I've just read the other thread near this one, and though PFM is knowledgeable and advises differently I'm till going to be doing mine before sleep. But I'm a real old prick (61) so I'm unlikely to be producing much natty HGH.

New Threads