wet gear! is it still good?

Reaction score
As many know my house got totally flooded during hurricane Sandy. My room is in the basement and was completely flooded with water. My gear was there. Now I know my orals are shot, but what about my test. I'm very worried I was planning my run ASAP and now I'm fucked. The guy I get it from is doing a tour so Im stuck with what I have..is my gear crap now?

Times Roman

Reaction score
As many know my house got totally flooded during hurricane Sandy. My room is in the basement and was completely flooded with water. My gear was there. Now I know my orals are shot, but what about my test. I'm very worried I was planning my run ASAP and now I'm fucked. The guy I get it from is doing a tour so Im stuck with what I have..is my gear crap now?

should be g2g. the rubber stops are designed to be airtight, a much higher threshhold than simply water tight. visually inspect the rubber stopper to make sure no debris or foreign matter. thoroughly rinse/soak in alchohol. let it dry and you are good

Reaction score
Thanks Times I was really worried. The vials look clean just wet. I'll clean the bottle and give it a shot. The orals are a no go though right?

jennerrator

Fallen Member
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Thanks Times I was really worried. The vials look clean just wet. I'll clean the bottle and give it a shot. The orals are a no go though right?

if water didn't get into the bottles...should be fine I would think

Times Roman

Reaction score

if the tabs are still intact, i'd probably take those too. injesting something slightly contaminated is alot different than pinning something slightly contaminated.

You may want to invest in a small spray bottle and fill it with alchohol. I've abandoned the alchohol wipes infavor of spraying the alchohol on. i get better coverage, and less expensive. plus it will get in areas the wipe will miss.....

Reaction score
My orals still have the seal on the bottle and I haven't opened it yet. But if they are intact I will give it a try. I have no choice let's hope for the best will keep all posted. Thanks

gymrat827

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
My orals still have the seal on the bottle and I haven't opened it yet. But if they are intact I will give it a try. I have no choice let's hope for the best will keep all posted. Thanks

if they are still sealed they are GTG bro. open one, inspect a tablet or cap and make sure but you should still be able to use most of it

Christosterone

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
If the orals are still sealed, then ya they are g2g, and for injects, as long as water isn't in the bottle (shouldn't be from stopper) then they are g2g also, I would get a cup of alcohol and dip the tops on there or wipe them down good with alcohol. But ya, they still good bro

Tilltheend

Banned
Reaction score
I would look the vials over carefully to make sure no water got in them. To be on the safe side I would not use them.

Reaction score
Ok these plastic bottles that hold orals are awesome. I opened it took the seal off and lucky me every pill is dry. Yes!

LeanHerm

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Lol no you can't brother. I hope all is well with the flooding. Just make sure crystals didn't form from being to cold in water

pirovoliko

Reaction score
Hey bro..im in NYC too, Good luck and hope everything works out.

losieloos

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Good luck they still should be good

New Threads