First Meal of the Day

TylerDurdn

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I don't know about y'all but I have a hard time getting my meal down first thing in the morning, it takes me a little bit to get goin. Recently I've been making an all in one kind of shake.

Recipe:
1 Cup Rolled Oats
1 Cup Egg White
1 Banana
1/2 Cup Blue Berries
1 Tablespoon Creamy Peanut Butter
1 Scoop ON Whey Protein
10-12oz Almond Milk

I put all this in a blender and it tastes so damn good and very easy to drink. After about an hour or so I have a snack before meal two which consists of what would have been the rest of meal 1, 3 whole eggs and another cup of egg whites.

My Question is, am I still getting the same nutritional value by throwing it all in the blender or would it be better to just consume all the above ingredients separately.

Had some misfortune, and lost a lot of weight over the past 5 months. I am currently going all natty, messing around with my diet and putting the LBs back on before I cycle again. Also going to post up my full daily intake, along with some stats in another thread.

- TD :-B

PillarofBalance

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Wake up, pin ghrp-6 and take a shower. By the time you're done you'll empty the fridge.

What do you eat before bed?

Tilltheend

Banned
Reaction score
I would think its the same thing as throwing it in the blender just easier, the only downside is now you have a blender to clean.

Hollywood72

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Wake up, pin ghrp-6 and take a shower. By the time you're done you'll empty the fridge.

How long does that hunger last? Throughout the day or just till you eat?

TylerDurdn

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score

I've considered this but not very knowledgeable about it, do I need to stack anything with it?

Last meal is 10-12oz Bison ribeye if I got it, or just regular steak, with an avocado..

theminister

SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I don't know your stats so I might be wrong, but that looks like too much and possibly too much protein? I don't have much of an appetite in the mornings, due to hangovers lol, but I have two breakfasts first thing and two hours later. That seems to work for me, so you could split that in two. If each meal is 50gms of protein, you've done 100 already by bfast two.

theminister

SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Hehe sorry I just skimmed your post. Blending it all together is fine

Emmerz24

Reaction score
Only thing I find about drinking your meals is your hungry sooner.

ken Sass

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
protein shot 26 grams of pro and some caffine. i have trouble with the 1st meal 2

pirovoliko

Reaction score
Hard for me to eat as well first thing in AM (which is preworkout) but I would not do a shake instead of food. When I used to do shakes my workouts were shitty, after switching to food, my AM workouts rock and thats with all else the same. so for me it makes a huge difference.

NbleSavage

Veteran
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
My pre-workout is nearly the same as yours, less the peanut butter and plus a bit more egg whites.

No downside at all to blending and chugging. Easier to consume a lot of calories in a short time period that way in my experience.

Now go wash that blender :)

New Threads