High Liver Values!

username1

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I'm on TRT, I started a blast on August 1st of 400mg/week. Before the blast my liver values were AST - 36 and ALT - 37. After I started the blast, I got a blood test 5 weeks after and my values were AST - 45 (high out of range) and ALT - 39.

Now I started var about 2 weeks ago, and on Oct. 1st I also increased test to 500mg/wk. I had a blood test done yesterday and my AST is 67 and ALT - 72. The range is 0-40 for AST and 0-44 for ALT.

I'm taking the following liver supplements, UDCA (2x a week on injection days, take 2 caps each day), and Liv 52 every day 2x a day after meals. About two weeks ago I just started Liver Juice, 5 ml (one teaspoon) once a day. I also take a bunch of other supplements, BCAA's, creatine, whey protein, cycle assist, multi-vitamin, fish oil, taurine, l-carnitine, and baby asprin. I also a few weeks ago started taking Gluthione shots, was on B12 shots and about to run out and not sure if will reorder since not sure if noticing any benefits.

Do you think it's the var? I know people say var is mild but, are my values something to be alarmed about? Should I just ride it out? Or should I cut down on other supplements? since i know your liver has to process everything. Or increase the liver supplements? Thankfully my BUN finally came down, it's been high out of range since I started TRT highest was 26 on the last blood test and now it's in range at an 18. BUN/Creatinine ratio also came down from a 27 last blood test to a 19. Everything else is in range also, RBC, hemocrit, glucose, sodium. Didn't get lipids checked yet, will do that after the var and blast is over. E2 is at 47.3 (high out of range) and I'm taking 25 mg aromasin a day but, I'm just going to keep it at this dose since people say not to kill your E2 and you need some to build muscle.

Any feedback would be appreciated.

Thanks

Shane1974

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I know people will argue, but I haven't found one published, scientifically proven shred of evidence that supplements keep liver enzymes from being elevated during the use of an oral steroid. And of course Var will raise your liver values.....your liver is processing the compound. The good news is that your liver values will return to normal once you get off the Var (unless you have Hep C or alcoholism).

username1

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I also have heard that there is no such thing as a liver protectant. So, I am leaning towards agreeing with you on that. I just started taking them because I figured, "might as well". I hope I'm not doing anything worst though by taking them. I used to drink a lot but, even at that time when I had a blood test done my AST/ALT was 17 for each value. So, I guess even though I was drinking back then every day, maybe I didn't do enough damage? Or could there have been underlying damage caused even though your liver enyzmes don't elevate?

Also, I'm working out a lot harder now. When I had my last blood test I was working out on my own, mediocorely. Now, since last month or so I've been working with a trainer and I'm working out way harder now. I've heard people say that when you're working out or lifting, that it can increase your liver enzymes as well. Though of course the var must also be doing it but, I guess I'm just wondering if I'm ok to ride it out. At what level should be alarmed? Like if you physically feel your liver hurting? Or if your enzyme levels go above a 100? On my next blast I would like to try dbol or tbol and I'm sure it's going to make my liver go even crazier but, some kind of guideline would be good as to what level you should be alarmed or maybe quit if you have to bring it down.

Shane1974

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I have also heard intense exercise can elevate them. I don't think you have anything to worry about. Those values will return to normal as long as you don't have any other liver issues. Elevation is standard protocol when running an oral. What did your physician say? Honestly is always the best policy with respect to GPs.

username1

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I have also heard intense exercise can elevate them. I don't think you have anything to worry about. Those values will return to normal as long as you don't have any other liver issues. Elevation is standard protocol when running an oral. What did your physician say? Honestly is always the best policy with respect to GPs.

I didn't go to my physician I had the bloods done through privatemdlabs and I go through an online TRT clinic. From what I hear it's usually difficult to find a physican that is comptent in the correct TRT protocols so I never tried to find a local doc again after I got situated with my current clinic.

The values did seem to go up once I started the oral and it was expected, I'm not in shock or anything but, honestly I was hoping it wouldn't be as elevated because of how mild people say it is but, of course everybody is different there's no telling how it will effect one and another. Hopefully things will go back to normal once I'm done with the var.

Cobra Strike

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
There is such a thing as a liver protectant. I use sythergine. I just had my bloods done and my liver values came back normal. This is while on tren a and e/winni/proviron/test/mast p/bold cyp/zocor/baby aspirin. Lots of methylated gear and things that raise luver values. It may not be scientifically proven but for me this is proof enough. Udca is good stuff its just not very strong. Your liver values are not that bad though bro...I wouldnt be to concerned.

gh0st

Reaction score
I heard sythergine is awsome! Need to get some for myself!

New Threads