What now?

bubbagump

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I was feeling good and added some extra weight to my dead on Tuesday. I got half way up and felt a stabbing,burning feeling between my belt and my groin, like muscle pulling but worse. I put the bar down and walked it off. It wasnt severe but scared me a little. I dropped weight and finished the set without pain. Tonight I do my first set no problem. Added weight and bam- same thing again.. Feels like a drill bit going in right above my pube line and to the right. I didnt have any issues with squats. I always thought hernias were higher up like in the belt line but want to ask before I say F it and go heavy anyway. There isnt anything visible like bruising or swelling so I dont think its too serious but I dont know. Do I wait it out? Is it something to get checked out? Keep lifting lighter till it feels better?

SFGiants

Elite
Reaction score
Only you can answer this we do not know how you feel and none of us are Doctors.

All I can say if be smart and go by feel.

I felt my balls a few times pulling and when I 1st start lifting heavy in a suit my dick felt like it was inverting. Dick inversion feel is normal but played with my head for a long time.

theminister

SI Founding Member
Reaction score
definitely wouldnt finish them on a lower weight. stay well clear
- SF giants is right too, but personally what I would do is skip this weeks and maybe next weeks too, and try very light next week. Injuries are a pain in the arse, what use if you cant train?

IWannaGetBig

SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I would not try going that heavy again, at least not for several weeks. As Minister said, injuries are a pain in the arse(in your case it may be the groin) to recover from. And who wants time away to recover from an injury? Nobody. And if you're in the midst of a cycle, well then that would really suck.

bubbagump

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the input guys. I had an idea that was the answer I would get but figured I would ask just to be sure.

Mind2muscle

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Hmmmm could possibly be an inguinal hernia. Do you feel any extra tissue near your testicles? This is hard to explain but the true test to determine whether or not it is this type of hernia is to put your finger up above your testicle and kind of inward as if you were aiming upward. Once you do that then simply cough a couple of time. If you feel anything protruding/pushing onto your finger then it is an inguinal hernia which needs medical attention.

ccpro

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Hernias are tricky, you can have a sharp, blunt, throbbing pain and it can feel alot worse than it is. I've had a minor for years and had it checked several times and the doc sais it's too small to mess with. Just pay close attention, I wouldn't do heavy squats until you know more.

Christosterone

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Between your belt and your groin? And you did it while lifting heavy, leads towards hernia bro. Go to your doc turn head and cough.

New Threads