Test Flu???

Mind2muscle

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Ok guys. So Im about 5 weeks into my cycle and I woke up today with a fever and bodyaches. I injected test cyp yesterday. This is the second time this cycle I have felt like this. It only lasts about 24 hours though. I skipped the gym today because I feel like crap. I have heard of test flu before but can someone explain to me why this happens and if I can take any steps to prevent it? Thanks!

pirovoliko

Reaction score
do you have any pain, swelling, redness near pin site?

Mind2muscle

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
pain and minimal swelling near pin site but I believe its just PIP b/c of the lab or b/c this is my first cycle

Tilltheend

Banned
Reaction score
Are there any changes to your diet or daily activities?

Mind2muscle

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
No changes whatsoever on to my diet or daily activities. Hoping some of the vets will chime in.

63Vette

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Brother, if you had a 24 hour test flu it was the shortest I have ever heard of.

You are swabbing the vial top, yes?
You are swabbing in concentric circles the pinning area, yes?
You are using a clean sterile needle and syringe, yes?
You have no redness surrounding the pin area, correct?

If your protocol for pinning is good, you could either have a small bit of test flu or you could just be fighting off a cold/virus.

If it is test flu it GENERALLY lasts a few days not 24 hours but we are all different.

If it is infection you will have - swelling, redness, pain at the site of injection, fever, extreme heat coming from the injection site.

Can you tell us a bit more about your pinning protocol- is it clean and sterile, are you using a good/well regarded lab/cook?

If in fact it is test flu we cannot tell you with certainty why it happens. Some say it is because of the influx of exogenous hormones and your body trying to adjust so quickly to such a large influx 'reads it' as a virus or foreign object and attacks it. Others say it is your body trying to adjust to all of the synthetic hormones, oils, and alcohol in the compound mix.

The good news is, if it is test flu, you will get through it and probably never have it again....

Keep us posted and fill us in on a little more info about your gear and pinning protocol.

Respect,
Vette

Mind2muscle

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Hey Vette, I use a sterile technique. I swab the top of the vial. I use an alcohol pad at the pin site using a circular motion starting in the center and moving outward. I do however use the same needle to draw and pin. As far as the lab goes well I am unfortunately using Pinn. The pin site is tender, slightly swollen and hardened. It is my right deltoid. Not sure where I went wrong but the symptoms started this morning and are still with me right now. They have eased up a bit though.

63Vette

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Hey Vette, I use a sterile technique. I swab the top of the vial. I use an alcohol pad at the pin site using a circular motion starting in the center and moving outward. I do however use the same needle to draw and pin. As far as the lab goes well I am unfortunately using Pinn. The pin site is tender, slightly swollen and hardened. It is my right deltoid. Not sure where I went wrong but the symptoms started this morning and are still with me right now. They have eased up a bit though.

This is a very familiar story with Pinn brother. Are you going deep enough in your delt - 1" or so? Are you sure you got it above your triceps? I'm sure you are doing everything right.

It could be unrelated but it sounds like the gear is giving you a bite that just shouldn't be there.

Respect,
Vette

Mind2muscle

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
This is a very familiar story with Pinn brother. Are you going deep enough in your delt - 1" or so? Are you sure you got it above your triceps? I'm sure you are doing everything right.

It could be unrelated but it sounds like the gear is giving you a bite that just shouldn't be there.

Respect,
Vette

The needle length is 1". It probably is the damn gear. I use proper technique each and every time and I always get PIP but just never these flu like symptoms. I just placed an order with a bro from SI. Thanks man!

Jada

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Hey mind:) I went through bad pip swollen muscle ! It was bad! The best advice I can give u is get rid of that , there r better test out there my bro.

Times Roman

Reaction score
never had "test flu" so I know nothing about it

Mind2muscle

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Hey mind:) I went through bad pip swollen muscle ! It was bad! The best advice I can give u is get rid of that , there r better test out there my bro.

That is exactly what I am doing JADA....forget this stuff!

pirovoliko

Reaction score
That is exactly what I am doing JADA....forget this stuff!
You"ll be glad you did M2M. Its a shame to waste gear and money, but believe me I think its obvious you are not alone. Got some pinn primo I wont be touching and thats more expensive than their test. But better than wasting time and a cycle IMO or hurting your way through an entire cycle and having constant doubts.

NbleSavage

Veteran
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Is it possible Mate that you've just contracted a mild case of influenza? I'd agree with the above posts as per finding a better quality lab, but have you been exposed to anyone whom you know has had flu? Just looking to cover all possible options.

The treatment is the same in any case. Lots of fluids and rest. Ice baths if you're feverish (this has always worked well for me to break a fever) but start with only brief exposure if you've never had one before.

Hope you get back to good soon, Bro.

Cheers,

- Savage

Mind2muscle

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Is it possible Mate that you've just contracted a mild case of influenza? I'd agree with the above posts as per finding a better quality lab, but have you been exposed to anyone whom you know has had flu? Just looking to cover all possible options.

The treatment is the same in any case. Lots of fluids and rest. Ice baths if you're feverish (this has always worked well for me to break a fever) but start with only brief exposure if you've never had one before.

Hope you get back to good soon, Bro.

Cheers,

- Savage

I guess thats always a possibility but it doesnt feel like your typical influenza. I had a fever earlier, was hot as balls, and had body aches. Now its just the body aches. No sore throat, headache, congestion etc. I've been relaxing all damn day lol. I just dont want to have to stop the cycle considering its my first but my health is more important.

HDH

Elite
Reaction score
Sounds like Test Flu. It's common to last 24 hours or longer. You can get it many times.

Usually, I can gage how long the symptoms will last by the severity of the pain at the injection site. Mild pain and swelling, 24 hrs, moderate pain around 48 hrs, Limping around for days, symptoms for days.

As the pain from the injection site diminishes, so does the flu symptoms.

The reasons have been pretty much laid out but there is no real proof of it's cause that I know of but I haven't researched it in some time.

This isn't the first time I've seen a problem with this Pinn gear. Not really familiar with there products but I would stay clear from what I've seen here over the last week.

HDH

Mind2muscle

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Sounds like Test Flu. It's common to last 24 hours or longer. You can get it many times.

Usually, I can gage how long the symptoms will last by the severity of the pain at the injection site. Mild pain and swelling, 24 hrs, moderate pain around 48 hrs, Limping around for days, symptoms for days.

As the pain from the injection site diminishes, so does the flu symptoms.

The reasons have been pretty much laid out but there is no real proof of it's cause that I know of but I haven't researched it in some time.

This isn't the first time I've seen a problem with this Pinn gear. Not really familiar with there products but I would stay clear from what I've seen here over the last week.

HDH

Thanks for your input and advice HDH. I am done with this stuff!

Shane1974

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
never had "test flu" so I know nothing about it

Uh yea.....me either. I can find no scientific evidence whatsoever that would support testosterone giving someone the flu, short of poor injection techniques or shitty gear......which I have neither.

trim

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I usually get those exact same symptoms about week 4 or 5 when I start my cycle. I actually just went through about 3 days of it last weekend. I just cut dosage back a little bit and it goes away. It might be your body adjusting to the gear. Especially being your 1st cycle. What are you running your test at?

G

Georgia

I never mentioned it because I thought it was normal. But I felt sick the entire cycle on Pinn. Thought it was just normal ol' test flu. Probably was Idk.

New Threads