What are your goals?

HDH

Elite
Reaction score
GOALS-

Stay Injury free-

This is first on my list because this aging body doesn't seem to want to cooperate at times. LOL I do everything I can to keep my self off the injured list.

My warm up time has almost tripled over the last year or so. From getting the blood flowing on the tred to rotator cuff warm ups to stretching in the middle of warming up and after, now even between sets.
Training has gone from super high intensity, pushing hard and lifting heavy, to moderate to high across the board (work smarter, not harder).

Constant Improvement of Training-

Training has gotten pretty simple for me I pick a training technique, run it for 8 to 10 weeks and then switch it up. What I choose as a switch up usually has to do with what's going on in my life, any injuries, projected sleep, stress levels, projected work schedule, ect...

Right now I'm doing a slow decent and then exploding to the top. I chose it because of the shoulder problems I was having. It allowed me to stay in good form, work on stabilizer muscles and not put such a load on my shoulders.

Nail My Diet-

I've been carb cycling and have gotten myself set so I keep my same weight and loose body fat. What I would like to do is start adding a medium day or two so my high days aren't so high and my low days aren't so low. Then eventually get the same numbers across the board year round for lean gains all the time.

It can be done. It will have to be the right combination of diet, training, cardio, rest and anabolics. It's going to take some time and will probably be a lot of trial and error. I can visualize what needs to be done. It's just going to take time. That's ok though, I've got nuttin' but time ;)

Get Better Rest-

This is always the toughest of all for me. I've had trouble sleeping for quite a long time. I could live off of 4 or 5 hours a night pretty easy without training. While I train, I definitely could use more sleep. I'm sure I'm not getting the full benefits of rest as others do with a full 8hrs but after sleeping like this for so long, I'd like to think my body has gotten used to the struggle with sleep so it adapts to the growth from training better than someone that is used to getting it and then not getting it.

Makes me feel better to think that. LOL

Anabolics-

I used to be pretty wild with my anabolics usage. When I was younger, I would run 2 to 3 grams and not think anything of it. At that time I didn't know shit about diet and knew just enough training to get me by. Any gains I made just diminished because of it.

These days I like to keep it between 750mg and 1 gram. I have found that mega dosing gear just wasn't necessary as long as diet and training were nailed down.

This is a little of what's going on with me, what about you?

HDH

PillarofBalance

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I hate to say this HDH but right now with my fucked up elbow, I feel a bit like I've lost some direction.

I'll get my goals in order and a plan and revisit this thread very soon.

pirovoliko

Reaction score
To keep training and dieting, look, feel and be the best I can be, and live a healthy lifestyle and lead a happy healthy life.

Azog

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I just wanna hit a solid 225-230 with sub 10% bf. I want to maintain that year round and stay in as close to perfect health as possible.

NbleSavage

Veteran
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Continue to improve my physique and strength. Training for me is a release, an outlet, for work stress and life stress in general. I will die in the gym happily before I'll die at the work site.

Maintain my veracity for life well into my 60s (and beyond?). No "going through the motions" for me. I want to live.

Continue to refine my diet and continue to use food as a tool to achieve goals 1 and 2 above.

Be the best husband to Missus Savage I can possibly be. She's better than I deserve and I try to make a point as often as possible of letting her know how much I appreciate her.

BigFella

SI Founding Member
Reaction score
This is deep and requires much thought. Back in a while. Thanks, HDH. I've been needing to set aside time for this for a while.

I'd like to hear a bit about "Why?" as well.

(Edit: but I can say right now that I do want to see my abs in 2013!)

SAD

Reaction score
Won't stop driving until I hit a 2100 total, and even then, I won't completely stop. Would like to coach up and coming future world record holders after I meet my personal goals.

Cashout

Reaction score
Maintain current health and "bodybuilder" physique...as I have done for the past 17 years. Involves...

1) maintain 5% body fat for the "pre contest look"
2) maintain training efficiency to limit "in-the-gym" time
3) maintain current diet

Cobra Strike

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Goals? Mine are simple....
#1 be the best dad I can be (starting in 6 months)
#2 .love my wife and give here everything she wants (smoking the wife goal right now)
#3 helping and saving as many people as I can
#4 making every bitch out there wet their panties

Oh and last but not least....try to be nicer to sad ;-)

Times Roman

Reaction score
My goals are probably a little different than most here:

Maintain a lifestyle that adheres to the tenants of Life Extension
Maintain muscularity and relatively low BF%
Prevent injuries

Bro Bundy

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
make a shit load of money..Get big and ripped..bang lots of girls

gymrat827

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
tip the scale at 220 @ 8%

HDH

Elite
Reaction score
I hate to say this HDH but right now with my fucked up elbow, I feel a bit like I've lost some direction.

I'll get my goals in order and a plan and revisit this thread very soon.

Same shit with me when my back takes a shit. I get used to going and going then... STOP :-0

Sux ass bro. What's your projected down time on this one?

HDH

New Threads