Who has high blood pressure?

Reaction score
I have high blood pressure, so my doc put me on Lisinopril a beta blocker, five years ago. It did work on bringing my BP down but around the same time my hair started thinning and falling out, I did some research to find out this is a rare side effect of BP meds, so i stop my meds just to see if my hair would stop falling out and it has.. So anyone her have high BP and use anything else besides beta blockers for it?

Tilltheend

Banned
Reaction score
What does your diet look like? A reduction in the amount of sodium you consume can help. There are also many natural supplements you can use to help lower it as well.

gymrat827

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
hawthorn berry, celery seed extract, fish/krill oil

lower sodium intake

Christosterone

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Lisinopril is an ace inhibitor, unless you mistyped. Beta blockers end with -ol I.e. propranolol, metoprolol

2bigsyd

SI Founding Member
Reaction score
ive been taking atenolol 25mgs and lisinopril 10mgs per day for years and still have all my hair, also take fish oil and coq10 everyday both seems to help with bp!

Bullseye Forever

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
intresting,i take 40mg of lisinopril and 10mg of bystolic(a beta blocker) and my hair was thin before i even started on them

Santaklaus

SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I hate to say it but cleaning up your diet will only do so much. AAS will cause high blood pressure. Years of doing them will make your BP rise.. If you ask me it's part of the game we play my man...

SFGiants

Elite
Reaction score
I have high blood pressure, so my doc put me on Lisinopril a beta blocker, five years ago. It did work on bringing my BP down but around the same time my hair started thinning and falling out, I did some research to find out this is a rare side effect of BP meds, so i stop my meds just to see if my hair would stop falling out and it has.. So anyone her have high BP and use anything else besides beta blockers for it?

Water pill and Atenolol is what I use.

Christosterone

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I guess I misread your initial post when you said you were on lisinopril, a beta blocker. All of us should stay away from spironolactone, a potassium sparing diuretic, and others of that class because it blocks androgen receptors and can cause gyno

Times Roman

Reaction score
I hate to say it but cleaning up your diet will only do so much. AAS will cause high blood pressure. Years of doing them will make your BP rise.. If you ask me it's part of the game we play my man...

agree. losing weight and a healthy dose of cardio should be added to the list of things that work to reduce BP

Four1Thr33

SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I have pretty huge blood pressure, and do a fair amount of cardio with a good diet.. Last week on clen it hit 160/80. Yup dropped clen and got back to 137/80. Still not acceptable

Reaction score
I'm currently on every Damn type. Don't ask, long story. All are definitely interesting to say the least. What's your question? You can always look at the brightside of the beta-blockers. They're banned by the IOC for a reason, right? ARB's and ACE, if you subscibe to Dharkam, can be a benefit when trying to lose bodyfat too! Other than that, I suppose they all suck, lol! It's just about finding the right ones that have side's you can tolerate while still achieving the goals of treatment.

Yaya

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
My bp is all over.the.place.. Depending on what time of the day that I check it.. I drop a spike and it goes up to 135/88

getgains

Reaction score
mine was bad last year went down 25 pounds to 275 and started fish oil and q-10 still high somedays but better

New Threads