You know your a Vet when.............

PFM

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Remember protein powder that required a blender or chewing lumps of the worst tasting crap ever tolerated to make gains?

How about those early Amino Acid horse tablets?

I bet 63Vette has a good one ;-)

BigGameHunter

Veteran
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I remember saving my money over 20 yrs ago for some DP concrete dumbells and thinking they were going to get me some pussy.

Not sure but didnt 63vette work at GNC when he was a bubblegummer.

SAD

Reaction score
Remember protein powder that required a blender or chewing lumps of the worst tasting crap ever tolerated to make gains?

I'm not as old as you guys :)), but I did get into the game early and remember the gnarly choices for protein powder that came in square tubs that were damn near impossible to open for a 12 year old. Beverly stills makes those horse tab aminos and liver pills. And my first set of dumbbells were the concrete ones, but the cheap ugly brown plastic was mostly gone so it was literally just concrete.

BigGameHunter

Veteran
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Man I would pull and push those things until they would sprinkle concrete dust on my arms and shoulders. I just knew the bitches would like me. I was about 80lbs back then. Good shit.

HDH

Elite
Reaction score
I still have a few of those plastic covered concrete plates at my mom and stepfather's house. If I remember correctly, 8.8lbs. LOL

HDH

BigGameHunter

Veteran
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Yeah baby that .8 is a game changer.

Four1Thr33

SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Drop them plates and they shatter haha

IWannaGetBig

SI Founding Member
Reaction score
The real bitch was when too much of the sand /concrete leaked out of the plastic and it was no longer an 8.8lb, but rather 4.8.

DF

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
My brother & I got a set of those for Christmas one year. I think I was around 7 at the time. I also recall getting my first protein powder. The stuff was in a tin with one of those pry off covers.

Shane1974

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
What about that orange-flavored preworkout LOADED with ephedrine?

mugzy

Administrator
Reaction score
OLD! Don't forget CyberGenics, Ornithine, Ultimate Orange, Smiliax, Tornel, Brovel, Reforvit B, Russian Sustanon (Cyctahoh), Retabolil, Satchboogie, mrsombat, zambons, Thai pinks, naposims, Norma Deca, cheque drops, Lee Haney, Cory Everson, Berry Demay, bill kazmaier...... I could go all day.

How about these ->
sustanon.jpg

DF

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Haha, CyberGenics, I bought that crap.

ccpro

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I just remember everything I took being called "weight gain", I don't remember protein specific powers. I used to have some of the maroon concrete filled weights on a broom stick with collars for curling and a shelf bracket mounted to the wall with a pully wired to it for pushdowns! I remember in grade school we measured strength by what you could press over your head, I think it was about 65lbs when I was 10-12 yrs old.

Reaction score
OLD! Don't forget CyberGenics, Ornithine, Ultimate Orange, Smiliax, Tornel, Brovel, Reforvit B, Russian Sustanon (Cyctahoh), Retabolil, Satchboogie, mrsombat, zambons, Thai pinks, naposims, Norma Deca, cheque drops, Lee Haney, Cory Everson, Berry Demay, bill kazmaier...... I could go all day.

How about these ->
sustanon.jpg

Man id give anything to have some of those Loeffler Reforvit 25mg dbol tabs. Ahh the memories lol

amore169

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I also bought CyberGenics, I remember that they were a bunch of different bottles.

ccpro

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
What was that sublingual eyedropper shit?........had muscle in the title. I used to keep in my gym bag....I felt like a real outlaw...lol.

BigGameHunter

Veteran
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I was 18 when I got Cybergenics my dad asked me if I was insane. Remember the video that came with it and the man and woman are dressed in funky clothes. Plus the set they filmed the video on looks like the house of that UFO cult that did the mass suicide.

Times Roman

Reaction score

uh, mate?

let's take it a step back further....

remember BEFORE protein powder?

we had predigested (liquid) protein. it literally tasted like something out of somebody's stomach

remember gulping down raw eggs?

New Threads