Getting High Blood Pressure

username1

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
i haven't had any previous issues of high bp and have been watching it, even after starting my blast i recall seeing my systolic in the 130's but, it looks like since i started var a few weeks ago it's starting to go up. yesterday it was in the 150's / 80's and today it was 163 / 91. i went and got some red yeast rice and hawthrorne berry, coq 10. i'm not sure how much i should be taking, is it the standard dose listed on the label? i take a baby asprin each morning, and was drinking about 3 liters water a day but, lately it has been 2 liters, i should bring this back up and probably try for a gallon. sodium is low, on my recent blood test (last week) sodium came back at 138.

i had cut out cardio since i'm trying to bulk but, if it will help with BP should i start it up again? do it every day? i don't do much but, just speed walk on treadmill for 2 miles, is that too much each day or not enough?

i'm taking 25mg aromasin a day, should i increase it? my E2 last week came back at 47, so there's still room for me to reduce it without crashing my E, should I do it?

how long should i give myself and at what point should i go to a dr. for BP meds if it doesn't come down? if everything was fine pre-var should I wait to go to a dr. until i'm off it, just to be sure? since if i go to a doc now and he prescribes something, once i'm off the var and if it is the var then wouldn't my BP start to tank if I keep taking the BP meds?

any other recommendations would be greatly appreciated

thanks

DADAWG

SI Founding Member
Reaction score
are you 100% sure your var is var ?

username1

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
are you 100% sure your var is var ?

Yes, I'm on TRT it's scripted. Also, I did increase my test from 400mg/wk to 500 a week beginning of Oct. maybe it has something to do with that as well but, I gave blood recently and it was fine there, the most recent thing I've done is add var so it seems to me it could be it but, I don't know for sure it could be a combination of things.

Santaklaus

SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Anavar should actually help with BP not make it rise... It sucks any water retention right out of you. If your BP is rising on cycle its probably the Test that I hope you are running with the Var... You are running Test with the Anavar.. correct? If so, its more than likely the Test causing the high BP not the Var.

If you're not running Test with the Var you're gonna have much bigger problems than slightly abnormal BP...

DF

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Yup, he is running test. User like the bro said its the test that's doing it. It happened to me while on cycle. I got it back under control with supplements. Can't recall the amounts ATM.

Spongy

Senior Moderator
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
CoQ10, ALA, Fish Oil, Garlic, Olive Oil, DHA, EPA, Fiber, Calcium, Cocoa, Magnesium. Those are all supps that I use when on cycle to control BP. CoQ10 is essential IMO.

Popeye

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I can't answer a whole lot but if you don't get it under control, you need to see a Dr. Your heart is one thing you do not want to fuck with. I am on a beta blocker that helps my blood pressure stay low.

And yes, if it is because of the var, you are prescribed a BP pill, and then quit the var, it will absolutely tank your BP if you continue same dose.

I think the test might be it too though. Maybe decrease back down to 400mg/ week if you don't figure something else out and/or don't go to a doc..

Var reduces water weight, but doesn't necessarily mean it won't raise your BP. Water retention is just one of NUMEROUS things that effect BP .

I would maybe increase the aspirin to a couple times a day because that thins the blood, therefore lowers BP, and I'm not sure of to many supps to reduce BP. I know there are a few...

username1

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Thanks for all the quick replies. I just went and bought an at home BP monitor so I can continue monitoring if I can't get it in control with the supplements within a week (is that enough time or too much?) then I'll cut back on the test. I have also noticed since I started the var recently I'm breaking out with acne more often now. I'm using n2clear 2x a day so new acne that pops up starts dying within a couple days. I mean I did increase the test to 500/wk the first week of Oct. and if it takes 4 weeks or so to fully kick in then by now is when I would be seeing the effects? So, it could be the test as mentioned and I could just be thinking it's the var because of the timing by the time the test fully kicked in is when I started the var.

I'll start with the supplements but, how much should you take? Do people on cycle take more than the recommended amount that's on the label? Like I got 400mg CoQ10 and it says to take it once a day should I do more? What about fish oil how much should I take per day? I'm pretty sure I'm taking a lower amount than I should because I'm just taking it from what's on the label. I have 1500mg fish oil tablets and I'm taking 2x a day, is this too low?

Incase it helps anybody else I found this BP chart - http://www.vaughns-1-pagers.com/medicine/blood-pressure.htm according to this I"m in the Moderate Stage 2. If I go past this then I'll go see a doc. I'm kind of wondering if I should just go this route because I mean eventually I'll probably need it, won't I? I know long term AAS use has negative effects on BP and I'm not planning on quitting any time soon. I still have a lot of work to do to reach my goals, I'm nowhere near at this point and if I'm already seeing this issue on just 500mg test and var, then maybe I should just go to a doc and get the meds and get it over with? Maybe in the future I'll only need it on blasts and then when I'm on TRT dose, won't need it? I have the at home monitor now so I could check regularly to make sure I'm not taking it when I don't need it. Any thoughts?

Also, I mean with my health on the line of course I would cut back on the test if I had to but, I'm just now starting to make gains and progress in the gym and would rather not if I don't have to. So another reason I should just get BP meds? I mean really 500mg/wk is a beginner cycle so maybe I have some underlying issue and should just go to the doc?

Reaction score
I had a similar issue to you when I first started my cycle, rising bp with no end in site so I picked up some AI cycle support and I've seen some great results. Starting bp was 125/70 after only two weeks of dbol I was sitting in the 150/80 +/- rang so I figured I'd give this stuff a try. Within two weeks my bp went back to down to 130/75 and has stayed there since. Also helps with liver support, cholesterol, etc. You should look it up man, great stuff for a good deal. Also make sure to go with the orange flavor if you decide to order some, the other flavors are bunk. GL

3D

username1

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Yeah I've already been taking NTBM's Cycle Support. I started it in August when I first started the blast, I bumped it up to 7 a day when I started the var as recommended on the label. I guess it's not having any effect on me then.

EDIT: my bad I see you listed another brand, I will check it out asap.

EDIT2: Just ordered! This looks awesome, it's specifically for BP control. Hope it will work for me.

username1

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I'm thinking tomorrow to increase aromasin to 37.5mg, is there any reason I shouldn't do this? At 25mg a day my E2 is still at 47 so I don't think i will crash my E. I'm just hoping it will help with BP, any thoughts?

theminister

SI Founding Member
Reaction score
drink more water dude, a gallon a day cycling or not - the treadmill also helps against the high BP - and give it a couple more days and wait it out. unless you are a powerlifter with high bf 25 aromisin daily is enough

63Vette

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Var WILL increase blood pressure. Pretty much all AAS will. Increasing your red blood cell count will thicken your blood and increase your blood pressure. I try to keep it in the 'High Normal' range when 'On'.

Donate blood every 56 days.

Take an 81mg aspirin ed.

Drink a shitload of water and cut out sodium (that shit hides everywhere- Tuna and Cottage Cheese are awefully high in fact). Replace your electrolytes with potassium and sodium but don't overdo it. I can look at my ankles are at night and tell you if I have overdone the sodium. No shit.

Check your stims (pre-workout) at the door.

Every time I blast/cycle my blood pressure increases it is a part of the cost of blasting.

Keep your blood sugar low to minimize damage to tiny blood vessels.

Try to do your cardio because it will actually help - but ONLY with a heart rate monitor (I recommend a Polar watch/band setup).

If it gets too high, or stays elevated, or gets in to the high range - see your doctor. You can take BP meds and gear- I have a lot of friends who do. I do NOT. I do watch it close but being a little high won't hurt me so much if I eat CLEAN, watch my blood sugar levels and I am otherwise healthy.

Welcome to the game.... play safely.

Respect,
Vette

Added: 25mg ed of aromasin is a lot to still have a 47 estro level... I would not increase it but that perplexes me... I hope you are running aromasin from MP- and if so, I would ask them if they have had anyone get a 'bad batch' possibly. I run 12.5 eod and it's dead on 25 most times. I weigh right at 200lbs but weight really typically doesn't make much difference.

username1

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I watch the sodium on everything I check the ingredients on everything I buy but not going to lie do cheat occasionally. Will continue to watch that closely. I give blood every 3 months will change it to every 56 days. My aromasin is from rui but its not the batch it has to do with me maybe because of the hcg I'm aromatizing too much even on a trt dose I was taking 1mg Adex 3x a week and my e2 was in the 40's. at the time I had my bf tested a few months ago I was 162 lbs and 15.74% bf tested underwater.

I'm pre-diabetic so I always have to watch my sugar and carbs.

I increased the ai today will see what happens. I'll take everybody's advise here and do what's suggested and will see what happens in a week or so.

When you were saying to run on treadmill with heart rate monitor what am I watching for pulse rate? If it gets too high or bp?

Thanks

63Vette

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I watch the sodium on everything I check the ingredients on everything I buy but not going to lie do cheat occasionally. Will continue to watch that closely. I give blood every 3 months will change it to every 56 days. My aromasin is from rui but its not the batch it has to do with me maybe because of the hcg I'm aromatizing too much even on a trt dose I was taking 1mg Adex 3x a week and my e2 was in the 40's. at the time I had my bf tested a few months ago I was 162 lbs and 15.74% bf tested underwater.

I'm pre-diabetic so I always have to watch my sugar and carbs.

I increased the ai today will see what happens. I'll take everybody's advise here and do what's suggested and will see what happens in a week or so.

When you were saying to run on treadmill with heart rate monitor what am I watching for pulse rate? If it gets too high or bp?

Thanks

Your heart rate. I would do H.I.I.T. and run your heart rate to the target (225 minus your age) and then walk/slow down until you reach a bit of a lower rate (Maybe 130ish).

High blood pressure will cause your heart rate to increase as the heart attempts to drive the blood out of it (it pumps faster to try to overcome the higher blood pressure).

That's why I said to keep an eye on it. Cardio is a good thing and can certainly help with your HBP if done safely brother.

Keep us posted,
Vette

username1

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Your heart rate. I would do H.I.I.T. and run your heart rate to the target (225 minus your age) and then walk/slow down until you reach a bit of a lower rate (Maybe 130ish).

High blood pressure will cause your heart rate to increase as the heart attempts to drive the blood out of it (it pumps faster to try to overcome the higher blood pressure).

That's why I said to keep an eye on it. Cardio is a good thing and can certainly help with your HBP if done safely brother.

Keep us posted,
Vette

Awesome, thanks for that. Few questions:

On the treadmill - "If it gets too high, or stays elevated, or gets in to the high range - see your doctor."
- Did you mean if it gets too high while I'm on the treadmill? and you're referring to the heart rate?

"Being a little high won't hurt me since I'm eating clean, watching blood sugar levels and otherwise healthy"
- how high BP does it get to? Then I'm assuming after the blast is goes back to normal?

the feedback is really appreciated. i will indefinably keep this thread updated on my progress incase anybody else comes along and has a similar issue.

also I think i'm going to cut back on the aromasin, today when i took that 37.5mg my joints/knees were feeling off, wasn't sure what it wasa maybe from leg day but, it's saturday so 3 days later i don't think that would be it. plus at the end of the day my right wrist started feeling achy. I forgot what too much AI can do as far as joints are concerend so will go back to the usual 25mg starting tomorrow.

username1

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
also it looks like I just gave blood 11 days ago. i kind of recall seeing my BP on the monitor and she didn't comment anything I think it was 130's but, if it was too high she would have said something, or if too high decline me. Since then I've had two blood tests done, and one was at an acupuncture's office then the other at my dentist at which they both commented that it's a little high. So it's something that has happened recently.

pre-workouts i don't do any of that but, I do take BCAA powder mixed in with water that's how drink my water each night, those are fine? you meant the stimulant ones right?

Popeye

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Yes..I think he is referring to heart rate...when I had my problem I was doing cardio...my heart rate skyrocketed and stayed elevated and would not go down, I went straight to the Dr, and good thing I did!

Blood pressure is normal at 120/80, I believe you said you were around 160/90?? thats not awful (it is slightly high) and may go away after cycle or if you figure out whatever else is aggravating the problem. It may not go back exact to before either though. If it continues to rise, it needs to be addressed ASAP.

I know you already stated it but lots of water, low sodium diet, and alcohol play major roles in BP. Ive cut my alcohol to almost nothing as well as my sodium. I drink tons of water too. It all has helped. Of course my beta blockers help immensely.

I agree with staying at 25mg aromasin, I don't think thats your problem.

Popeye

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
also it looks like I just gave blood 11 days ago. i kind of recall seeing my BP on the monitor and she didn't comment anything I think it was 130's but, if it was too high she would have said something, or if too high decline me. Since then I've had two blood tests done, and one was at an acupuncture's office then the other at my dentist at which they both commented that it's a little high. So it's something that has happened recently.

pre-workouts i don't do any of that but, I do take BCAA powder mixed in with water that's how drink my water each night, those are fine? you meant the stimulant ones right?

It is normal for your BP to raise at the Drs, dentist, etc. due to anxiety or stress.

Yes stimulants (pwo, caffeine, etc) will absolutely raise your BP

username1

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Oh damn, so you mean you were doing cardio and when you stopped your heart rate stayed elevated and would not come down? I was thinking he was saying to watch how high it goes, and if it gets in the high range and stays there that means I need to see a doc but, I thought it was while I was on the treadmill. Sorry, if I am confused lol

Yeah I'm trying to do research and figure out at what point I need to be alarmed. I'm not getting any of the symptoms and apparently 180/110 is where you need immediate medical attention. I'm not getting any of the other symptoms, lightheaded, fainting, nose bleeds, i think the headaches from high BP or major headaches? i've had a few minor ones here and there, that last for about two seconds etc.

I had cut down on the water recently at first I was drinking a gallon a day but, then it came down to 3 liters, and then eventually 2 liters in the past couple weeks because I wasn't noticing any bloating so I thought maybe I'm not retaining water and the AI is taking care of it. I started at 162 lbs. and now I'm fluctuating around 168 or so, so if there's only 6 pounds gained then how much of that can be water? However, I didn't realize that the water could have anything to do with high BP so will continue to go back up to a gallon. This was probably the most recent thing I've changed, cut down on the water so who knows if that's it, will definately get up to a gallon a day.

New Threads