Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks

TV Show: Ancient Aliens..............................

Somehow, in another thread, the discussion of the impact of ancient aliens have had on our development came up. Trying to be fair and impartial, I thought I'd give the show a try. I've watched six or seven of these episodes. The thought that keeps crossing my mind, is why is it that any time there was an important event in the evolution in mankinds development, why is it that these learned scholars feel that Aliens played a part?

Is there nothing that mankind can call it's own without these individuals trying to claim that these Aliens had a role to play?

http://www.history.com/shows/ancient-aliens

Thanks
    Thanked 8,112 Times in 4,363 Posts

Re: TV Show: Ancient Aliens..............................

I like the show..truth is man has no clue how we came to be.Lots of wierd shit out there thats hard to explain. Anyone who says they know how man became man or what happens when we die is full of shit.Im into the occult and the study of hidden knowledge

Thanks

I can't stand that show. History channel was better when it was the Hitler channel.

Thanks

I think tilly got abducted by aliens

Thanks

Originally Posted by Brother Bundy View Post
    I like the show..truth is man has no clue how we came to be.Lots of wierd shit out there thats hard to explain. Anyone who says they know how man became man or what happens when we die is full of shit.Im into the occult and the study of hidden knowledge
    Originally Posted by Azog View Post
    I can't stand that show. History channel was better when it was the Hitler channel.

Ok. Seriously, this is the most diverse response from gentleman I can imagine.

Brotherbundy... I absolutely 100% agree with you. anytime anyone comes at you professing to know all the answers, it's time to make sure the wallet is still in the pocket. Infinitely better to have an open mind and sometimes to be proven wrong, than to have a closed mind and find out too late others were right. Even in the science community, the sheeple tend to flock around popular ideas, like the big bang, and try to muscle out competing ideas. I need to mention that I am more or less an agnostic, so that means I'm not sure what to believe. But this program tries to tell us even the extinction of the dinasuars may have come about by the hand of aliens. Who knows, they could be right? But with extraordinary hypothesis, I think we need exraordinary proof. Otherwise, I think Occam's razor should prevail and the simplest explanation is the one we need to go with?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Occam%27s_razor

Thanks

Would you listen to someone that looks like they put their finger in an electric socket to style their hair?
    Powered by food, raw ambition, and an awesome woman.

Thanks

al.jpg
    Originally Posted by sfstud33 View Post
    Would you listen to someone that looks like they put their finger in an electric socket to style their hair?
    yes I would

Thanks
    Thanked 4,510 Times in 2,187 Posts

BB knows i am hooked..i can go on and on about this for hours..i wont though because there is so much interesting shit to discuss..

Radio show "coast to coast" is also a great one that focuses on ancient aliens..

Mark my word, within 2 years the president will make it official that extra terrestrials do exist. There is a reason why the Vatican has officially made a statement that they arent opposed to belief on the subject of extra terrestrials and that it wouldnt harm the structure of the church... the Vatican wouldn't say that unless we were expecting some sort on earth changing news sometime soon.
    There's nothing like a slice of tiller to get your day started -PFM

Dizz - you're white. Please dont say nigga - DieYoungStrong

DONALD TRUMP 2016

Thanks

DONALD TRUMP 2016

Thanks

Originally Posted by Yaya View Post
    BB knows i am hooked..i can go on and on about this for hours..i wont though because there is so much interesting shit to discuss..

Radio show "coast to coast" is also a great one that focuses on ancient aliens..

Mark my word, within 2 years the president will make it official that extra terrestrials do exist. There is a reason why the Vatican has officially made a statement that they arent opposed to belief on the subject of extra terrestrials and that it wouldnt harm the structure of the church... the Vatican wouldn't say that unless we were expecting some sort on earth changing news sometime soon.
    Go for it!

I enjoy debating this area too. I think I'm leaning towards the idea of aliens being present. Just not sure who/what these aliens are. could they be us? to me it seems the most likely. I do think that other intelligent life is out there.

Elite
    Thanks

Not going to lie I love that show, along with pawn stars.

Thanks

I love that show. If u watch all the episodes and do a little research for yourself....it is clear that the ancients had knowledge that was far more advanced than we have today....technology also. Not in the sense of technology we have today...but there are many mysteries about man kinds past that are unkown.

I know what u mean about then contributing everything to aliens. I don't think that's the case. However I hink It is possible. I mean if u look at the big picture. It's like one minute we are cavemen and the next we are building pyramids and structures that to this day people can not figure out how they were built or even recreate then with our own modern technology.
    "Leave the gun, take the cannoli's"

Thanks

This can be a pretty good topic when kept civil.

I'm with Bundy on this one. His post hits the closest.

I'm an atheist (although I do like the bread ). Not the god bashing type though. I think people should believe as they wish. Whatever gets em through the day.

As far as aliens, who knows?

I would almost believe that before I believed in a "god".

I think it's been so long ago that nobody really knows. Sure there are stories but the grapevine can get a little cluttered after so many thousands of years.

HDH
    It's not what you lift... It's how you lift it!

Thanks

There is no doubt in my tiny human brain that yes aliens do exist and they far more advanced than us. I have faith in a supreme creator, God, Allah, Buddah, etc. choose yours. That "God" created the cosmos which all life was spawned, us and whatever else is out there! How could we be arrogant to believe we're it? I love the shows expecially when they cite well known astrophysicists who can backup their theories. I think the government is trying to desensitize us to the idea by leaking little bits of info here and there so there won't be mass hysterial when the day comes! With all that said, we say prayers before dinner, attend Church weekly, and keep the faith in an effort to provide stability and structure within our family.
    Chances are if you busting a nut, you're having a good time!

Thanks

Originally Posted by ccpro View Post
    There is no doubt in my tiny human brain that yes aliens do exist and they far more advanced than us. I have faith in a supreme creator, God, Allah, Buddah, etc. choose yours. That "God" created the cosmos which all life was spawned, us and whatever else is out there! How could we be arrogant to believe we're it? I love the shows expecially when they cite well known astrophysicists who can backup their theories. I think the government is trying to desensitize us to the idea by leaking little bits of info here and there so there won't be mass hysterial when the day comes! With all that said, we say prayers before dinner, attend Church weekly, and keep the faith in an effort to provide stability and structure within our family.
    I like how you believe in a supreme being, but that being may not necessarily be represenented accurately in any particular book such as the bible. I'm not there yet, but if i ever make the leap of faith, I doubt it will be because of any particular book

Thanks

Originally Posted by Times Roman View Post
    I like how you believe in a supreme being, but that being may not necessarily be represenented accurately in any particular book such as the bible. I'm not there yet, but if i ever make the leap of faith, I doubt it will be because of any particular book
    I've never read the bible and was spoon fed Catholicism throughout my education. It's far from a fit! It's necessary in my household for the sake of our children, they will decide what they want to believe down the road. It's kinda like believing in Santa Clause, it teaches some life lessons and you figure out the rest. My brother is an athiest with the same exact upbringing as me, he has never directed his son to say any prayer, blessing, or belief that there is something out there greater than us! I don't see any benefit to this approach. I really try to avoid discussions about religion because I don't fit anywhere that lables want to put me. I consider myself an educated realist with a firm belief in faith in something greater than mankind. If aliens show up I'll react much like I would if I stepped on a coral snake, I may simply get out of it's way instead of chopping it's head off!

Thanks

you and I are probably very similar in our belief system. Both my parents were raised religiously, but refrained from shoving that down my throat as a youngster. We said our nighly prayers, and meal prayers, but other than that, never forced any particular belief system on me.

I on the other hand, LOVE discussing the philosophy of religion. I had this HUGE debate on it recently, and if you are interested, PM me and I can send you a link.

For me, the philosophy of religion is hugely fascinating, and nothing better than a big bon fire, a bottle of wine, and some good friends to discuss meta physics.

Originally Posted by ccpro View Post
    I've never read the bible and was spoon fed Catholicism throughout my education. It's far from a fit! It's necessary in my household for the sake of our children, they will decide what they want to believe down the road. It's kinda like believing in Santa Clause, it teaches some life lessons and you figure out the rest. My brother is an athiest with the same exact upbringing as me, he has never directed his son to say any prayer, blessing, or belief that there is something out there greater than us! I don't see any benefit to this approach. I really try to avoid discussions about religion because I don't fit anywhere that lables want to put me. I consider myself an educated realist with a firm belief in faith in something greater than mankind. If aliens show up I'll react much like I would if I stepped on a coral snake, I may simply get out of it's way instead of chopping it's head off!

Thanks

Originally Posted by Times Roman View Post
    you and I are probably very similar in our belief system. Both my parents were raised religiously, but refrained from shoving that down my throat as a youngster. We said our nighly prayers, and meal prayers, but other than that, never forced any particular belief system on me.

I on the other hand, LOVE discussing the philosophy of religion. I had this HUGE debate on it recently, and if you are interested, PM me and I can send you a link.

For me, the philosophy of religion is hugely fascinating, and nothing better than a big bon fire, a bottle of wine, and some good friends to discuss meta physics.
    Last discussion and I mean last!!! I was trying to wrap my head around this woman who was convinced Noah actually gathered two of everything on an ark and that Eve was visited by a serpant. She could not comment on dinosaurs and she was college educated!!!! It was too far to go...I had no patience!!!!

Thanks

I think Tilly is an alien

Thanks

As a former Athiest I can say that religion and "the book" should never be forced into a household or into someones brain. Faith is faith, belief in a higher being without proof. I have not been an athiest for about 12 years and it wasnt some crazy "born again" experiance that changed my views and beliefs. I wil NEVER tell anyone what to or not to believe, i have had many debates with non believers and people who believe in different doctrines etc... Everytime i debated i accomplished nothing!! That doesnt mean i won the debate or lost.

As for Aliens, i believe they are out there..Either way my faith is locked due to certain experiances, so if ET walks into my kitchen and tosses a hot pocket into the microwave it wont change a thing.

DONALD TRUMP 2016

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast