New Tattoo - ok on cycle?

theminister

SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Guys - it is perfectly okay to tattoo when you are on a cycle?

Bro Bundy

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I would..whats the worst that can happen?

SuperBane

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
If your mass increases it will stretch the tattoo. You will need a touch up.

I had to ask the 'artist' about this. (didn't mention aas use)
Get the line work done first, come back and get it touched up and the shading done later. IMO. (Towards the end of the cycle)

Bro Bundy

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
you know how big u gotta get to mess up the tat...get the ink u will heal faster with some gear in ya

StoliFTW

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
yeh man ull be fine. depending on the spot u might need to take a day or two off

Yaya

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Ur fine bro

Four1Thr33

SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Ya I wouldn't worry at all. Personally I would rather get it on cycle when u are the largest to avoid a stretch later but the amout of stretch wouldn't be to noticeable

StoliFTW

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
so Minister, what r u thinking about getting inked?

Times Roman

Reaction score
It's a non issue. My last tatt was on cycle. even if muscles get bigger/smaller, your biggest worry is just to touch it up. By the way, i had both my tatts touched up recently, and now look as good as new.
Surprised other blokes don't get theirs touched up more often.. Nothing worse than some old blue/faded tatt that just sits there. If you want a tatt, maintain it. It's like only getting one hair cut and then never getting another one......

If your mass increases it will stretch the tattoo. You will need a touch up.

I had to ask the 'artist' about this. (didn't mention aas use)
Get the line work done first, come back and get it touched up and the shading done later. IMO. (Towards the end of the cycle)

PillarofBalance

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
It's a non issue. My last tatt was on cycle. even if muscles get bigger/smaller, your biggest worry is just to touch it up. By the way, i had both my tatts touched up recently, and now look as good as new.
Surprised other blokes don't get theirs touched up more often.. Nothing worse than some old blue/faded tatt that just sits there. If you want a tatt, maintain it. It's like only getting one hair cut and then never getting another one......

You can only do it so many times. Eventually you wind up with scar tissue and it just rejects the ink. My first tattoo I got and then the next day got sunburned and drank about 30 beers thru the course of the day. I then drove across Upstate New York completely shattered. Its one of those I can't believe I'm still alive moments in my life.

Anyway, from the booze thinning my blood and oozing ink out and the burn peeling layers of skin off the tatt looked like shit. Got it touched up three times and still looks like shit. Won't take more ink :(

Times Roman

Reaction score
You can only do it so many times. Eventually you wind up with scar tissue and it just rejects the ink. My first tattoo I got and then the next day got sunburned and drank about 30 beers thru the course of the day. I then drove across Upstate New York completely shattered. Its one of those I can't believe I'm still alive moments in my life.

Anyway, from the booze thinning my blood and oozing ink out and the burn peeling layers of skin off the tatt looked like shit. Got it touched up three times and still looks like shit. Won't take more ink :(

Hey! You know what's worse than that? Went to a tattoo party a few years ago. Buddy got a tatto of some frog eating a fly on the back of his calf. And we got lit. In the hot tub we all go. And we continued to drink. Later, he had to get out to go take a leak. I'm like, dude! wtf happened to your new tattoo? all the ink came out, and it looked like he had a bad sunburn with welts in the shape of a frog. We were laughing our asses off at him, as he was told not to go in the hot tub, but he was lit and said Naw, i'M good to go. funny as shit!!

But you're right. You can really only touch up a time or two until the scar tissue just gets in the way.

theminister

SI Founding Member
Reaction score
We my wife is Chinese, so I was thinking about having a Chinese dragon on bicep with the head ending on my chest and her name Chui Man (written in Chinese). When I mentioned it to her she Chui Man? Tattoo? No more Chui Man if you do that and that was the end of the matter. Shes not gonna leave me lets be serious shes got a great life, so I might just risk it.

Yeah she wears the trousers - when I let her

StoliFTW

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
We my wife is Chinese, so I was thinking about having a Chinese dragon on bicep with the head ending on my chest and her name Chui Man (written in Chinese). When I mentioned it to her she Chui Man? Tattoo? No more Chui Man if you do that and that was the end of the matter. Shes not gonna leave me lets be serious shes got a great life, so I might just risk it.

Yeah she wears the trousers - when I let her

hahah. awesome lol

HDH

Elite
Reaction score
My tats are cover ups. I've had them recolored 3 times over the years. That would make it 5 times in each spot. The only problem I've seen is they get thicker and some of the smaller lines bleed together. Supposedly using the same size pins.

POB, it sounds like the sunburn on the fresh marks might be the culprit for the bad scar tissue. As far as I know the only problem with the alcohol is thinning the blood. Perhaps the combination of the two are the problem.

Did you remember getting it? LOL J/K

HDH

New Threads