Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 28

Thread: 11-11-11

  1. #1
    Elite 63Vette's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    2,256
    Thanks
    6
    Thanked 28 Times in 12 Posts

    11-11-11

    I would just like to wish all you brothers and sisters who served, and all of you who have a love one who served and those of you who wanted to but who were unable a very happy Veteran's Day.

    In a day and time when the term 'Hero' is thrown about like 'Mr.' was when I was a kid, I want you to all know that every single one of you can truly be a 'Hero'. Hell, many of you are.

    This is what you can do- adopt a pet from a kill shelter, spend a day at a homeless shelter working and talking to people, serve food in a soup kitchen line, donate coats, jackets and other clothes- blankets especially to a homeless shelter, thank a Vet for his service, ask pops about his service today, go to a battered womens shelter and donate a bag of groceries, pay for the meal of the person behind you in line and tell them a Vet paid for it...

    Whatever you do, I ask only this: Please do NOT lose faith in America. Despite our shortcomings we are a country of compassionate people with a soft heart and a tough, tenacious spirit. Serve others and prepare yourself to help those who cannot help themselves. By being prepared to help others you will always be in a position to take care of yourself.

    Oh, and one last thing... that pet you adopt- Name 'em Sarge.

    God Bless You, and God Bless America,
    A Vet
    Hung like Einstein and Smart as a Mule.

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    581
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Re: 11-11-11

    my second son was born 11-11-11

  3. #3
    Elite DF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    8,386
    Thanks
    4,937
    Thanked 3,343 Times in 1,793 Posts

    Re: 11-11-11

    Much respect for all of our vets! Thank you all for representing our country well and for keeping us safe.

  4. #4
    Elite DF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    8,386
    Thanks
    4,937
    Thanked 3,343 Times in 1,793 Posts

    Re: 11-11-11

    Oh & also shouldn't the date be 11-11-12?

  5. #5
    Elite DarksideSix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    MI
    Posts
    1,660
    Thanks
    386
    Thanked 422 Times in 215 Posts

    Re: 11-11-11

    Originally Posted by Dfeaton View Post
    Oh & also shouldn't the date be 11-11-12?
    no, it's on the 11th hour, of the 11th day, of the 11th month.
    "Whatever life throws at you, put it on the bar and press it"

  6. #6
    Elite Popeye's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    1,573
    Thanks
    365
    Thanked 595 Times in 283 Posts

    Re: 11-11-11

    Hats off to you guys and gals.....much respect!

  7. #7
    Palestinean Prophet Yaya's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Wally World
    Posts
    7,227
    Thanks
    1,216
    Thanked 4,514 Times in 2,189 Posts

    Re: 11-11-11

    Thanks to all the vets.. without you guys this country would be nothing
    There's nothing like a slice of tiller to get your day started -PFM

    Dizz - you're white. Please dont say nigga - DieYoungStrong

    DONALD TRUMP 2016

  8. #8
    Elite DF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    8,386
    Thanks
    4,937
    Thanked 3,343 Times in 1,793 Posts

    Re: 11-11-11

    Originally Posted by DarksideSix View Post
    no, it's on the 11th hour, of the 11th day, of the 11th month.
    Ah, got it thanks
    Please excuse my civilianness.

  9. #9
    Elite 63Vette's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    2,256
    Thanks
    6
    Thanked 28 Times in 12 Posts

    Re: 11-11-11

    Originally Posted by DarksideSix View Post
    no, it's on the 11th hour, of the 11th day, of the 11th month.

    Bingo.... and thank you...
    Hung like Einstein and Smart as a Mule.

  10. #10
    Elite PFM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Motor City
    Posts
    2,869
    Thanks
    256
    Thanked 728 Times in 348 Posts

    Re: 11-11-11

    I've worked the line making Thanksgiving plates to be delivered to shelters. Dog is a rescue and served as Management for Toy Collection and distribution. It's all fulfilling.

    This year we are signed up for two Toy Runs.

    If you cannot share a little......shoot yourself in the face.

    The best for last: I thank all Vets past, present and future for my freedom and every American's Freedom.
    Thugs
    Don't
    Matter

  11. #11
    Elite. SFGiants's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    In A Vagina
    Posts
    6,430
    Thanks
    4,931
    Thanked 5,382 Times in 2,259 Posts

    Re: 11-11-11

    I went on a run with a MC Club the Vietnam Vet's in the 90's and saw them all cry at the memorial site, touched me hard to see a Biker Club that is 50% Outlaw 50% non cry even the Outlaw ones teared up good. It was at a wall of names they knew and names they served with. When we were to leave the turn from them wall wiping tears from their eyes looking at me saying sorry for this I had no ****ing words at all I had nothing!
    Knock Em Down and Keep Em Down!

  12. #12
    Elite Hollywood72's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    706
    Thanks
    15
    Thanked 18 Times in 7 Posts

    Re: 11-11-11

    "Courage is almost a contradiction in terms. It means a strong desire to live taking the form of readiness to die." -G.K. Chesterton

  13. #13
    Elite 63Vette's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    2,256
    Thanks
    6
    Thanked 28 Times in 12 Posts

    Re: 11-11-11

    Originally Posted by SFGiants View Post
    I went on a run with a MC Club the Vietnam Vet's in the 90's and saw them all cry at the memorial site, touched me hard to see a Biker Club that is 50% Outlaw 50% non cry even the Outlaw ones teared up good. It was at a wall of names they knew and names they served with. When we were to leave the turn from them wall wiping tears from their eyes looking at me saying sorry for this I had no ****ing words at all I had nothing!

    The first time I saw the wall I couldn't talk and fell to my knees. I walked up to the wall and the first name I saw was my uncle. As I looked at the shear number of names, and thought about each one being a father to some kid, a husband, a brother, a son, an uncle, I was totally overcome. I cried like a baby. I honest to God think I had a nervous breakdown of sorts because of the uncontrollable release of pent up emotions.

    I have never shared this before... and I am crying now.

    Thanks you SFG for sharing that. You just made my veteran's day.

    Respect,
    a Vet
    Hung like Einstein and Smart as a Mule.

  14. #14
    Elite DarksideSix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    MI
    Posts
    1,660
    Thanks
    386
    Thanked 422 Times in 215 Posts

    Re: 11-11-11

    first time i saw the wall i was about 7 or 8, only time i ever saw my dad cry.
    "Whatever life throws at you, put it on the bar and press it"

  15. #15
    Senior Member corvettels3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    397
    Thanks
    8
    Thanked 22 Times in 17 Posts

    Re: 11-11-11

    Originally Posted by 63Vette View Post
    I would just like to wish all you brothers and sisters who served, and all of you who have a love one who served and those of you who wanted to but who were unable a very happy Veteran's Day.

    In a day and time when the term 'Hero' is thrown about like 'Mr.' was when I was a kid, I want you to all know that every single one of you can truly be a 'Hero'. Hell, many of you are.

    This is what you can do- adopt a pet from a kill shelter, spend a day at a homeless shelter working and talking to people, serve food in a soup kitchen line, donate coats, jackets and other clothes- blankets especially to a homeless shelter, thank a Vet for his service, ask pops about his service today, go to a battered womens shelter and donate a bag of groceries, pay for the meal of the person behind you in line and tell them a Vet paid for it...

    Whatever you do, I ask only this: Please do NOT lose faith in America. Despite our shortcomings we are a country of compassionate people with a soft heart and a tough, tenacious spirit. Serve others and prepare yourself to help those who cannot help themselves. By being prepared to help others you will always be in a position to take care of yourself.

    Oh, and one last thing... that pet you adopt- Name 'em Sarge.

    God Bless You, and God Bless America,
    A Vet
    Amen brother.. Well said. Being where I live I see young guys/gals coming back home with missing limbs / disfigured faces etc. It really brings a tear to my eye when I see this. Anybody that has served our country I would like to say THANK YOU for everything you have done for this great country we live in.. God bless you and this Great Nation..

  16. #16
    Senior Member Four1Thr33's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Unknown
    Posts
    2,122
    Thanks
    53
    Thanked 53 Times in 38 Posts

    Re: 11-11-11

    Thank u everyone.. U all made me shiver a little. Thank u all for not forgetting the vets, not forgetting our country or our brotherhood.. The day is still young but so far no ones said much about today to me or acknowledged this holiday. Not even my parents and I'm like there pride lol
    I ****ing love u guys
    A true family a true brotherhood

    United States marine
    2002-2006.
    Fought in OPeration iriqi freedom for two tours
    Wolves don't loose sleepover opinions of sheep

  17. #17
    Senior Member Four1Thr33's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Unknown
    Posts
    2,122
    Thanks
    53
    Thanked 53 Times in 38 Posts

    Re: 11-11-11

    Oh and forgot to add. No joke, I'm wearing my first ever dog tag I ever received Just my name rank and SSN. Old school
    Wolves don't loose sleepover opinions of sheep

  18. #18
    Elite
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    killadelphia
    Posts
    1,968
    Thanks
    248
    Thanked 464 Times in 291 Posts

    Re: 11-11-11

    There the reason why the United States of America is the greatest country in the world.

  19. #19
    Elite ken Sass's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    2,054
    Thanks
    1,182
    Thanked 565 Times in 334 Posts

    Re: 11-11-11

    i get all choked up today, people saying thanks and such, it was my honor to serve and i don't regret what it cost me, glad it was not all.
    all gave some, some gave all

  20. #20
    Elite JOMO's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    2,231
    Thanks
    297
    Thanked 178 Times in 129 Posts

    Re: 11-11-11

    Happy Veterans Day to all those who have served and currently serving. God Bless!

    USAF
    2008-present
    Operation Enduring Freedom 2010
    "There are only two days in the year nothing can be done. One is called yesterday and the other is called tomorrow"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •