What I have learned from AAS

Spongy

Senior Moderator
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Many of have a tendency to try and rush into cycles because we get excited and want to get those RESULTS! Here are a couple things that I have learned over the last few years that you most likely know, but I want to emphasize.

1) Make sure your diet is in check BEFORE you start. A lot of what I hear is "I will start eating right when I start my cycle, it will hold me accountable." Truth is if you aren't disciplined enough to eat right off cycle, chances are you won't eat right when you are on cycle. That's the reason I'm holding off on mine and just TRTing. I am back from my 6 month hotel stint and I want a solid 6 weeks of dieting in before I cycle. By 6 weeks my body will be used to the diet and my self-discipline will be where it needs to be.

2) Always have proper ancillaries on hand. I can't tell you how many times I've had people email me telling me they are mid cycle and need to get ahold of "this, that, and the other" because they are responded unexpectedly. It is much better to be PROactive than REactive. Even if you have a solid source it may take you a week or more to get what you need, by then you are all sorts of screwed up. Even if you don't think you'll need it, GET IT. Running Test only? Have an AI, cycle support, hell, even caber! Take no chances!

3) Don't start a cycle after taking an extended period of time away from the gym. Even if it was just an injury. The obvious reason for this goes back to the discipline factor (going from no gym, to gym 4-5 times per week can be a chore when you first start back). The less obvious reason is that when you cycle your muscles will grow more rapidly than usual. If you've taken an extended time away from the gym you are setting yourself up for an injury because your ligaments and tendons will not be prepared to support the rapid muscle gain. You also open yourself up to possible fascia tears.

4) Get someone to hold you accountable. There are many times you see logs on sites just kind of drop off and no real conclusion. Manny (si member) on here is my guy that holds me accountable. I check in with him at least once a week with progress and he gives me an honest, no BS assessment. I do the same for him. If you don't have someone locally, get a bro on here to be your "battle buddy" so to speak. Hell, I'll do it for you!

5) Don't be too proud. It's clear to me we all know a lot. Don't let that get in the way!! Don't be too proud to ask questions. Just because you are an expert on subject A doesn't mean you are an expert on subject B. We are all here to support one another, and that's what we will do!

6) Get bloods. I get bloods every 10 weeks at least. Even off cycle. This is something everyone that cycles or cruises should do. We have a good idea of how we are doing based off of how we feel, but bloods tell the full story. Do you know your RBC just from a feeling? NOPE!

7) Take time off! Dammit folks, take the proper time off if you cycle, or take the proper amount of time between blasts if you cruise! Don't take chances!

SystM

SI Founding Member
Reaction score
CYCLE 101!
Spong thanks for sharing man

One thing i have learned is....DRUGS ARENT COOL, keep your head on straight and dont over do this stuff bc you will be SADLY disappointed. Get a coach and stay focused on small victories, one foot in front of the other...

i have had almost every negative side effect appen to me and it was all bc i rushed things, Spongy hit it dead on here.

please feel free to ask me any and all questions you have about compounds, diet, training and i bet we will leave the conversation with a game plan, and a better understanding.

M

gymrat827

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
nice post man.... lots of good info

losieloos

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Thanks for posting this, you don't see this on ology.

SHRUGS

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Huh? Ology? Thats kind of an insult. Ology is a joke and this place should never be compared to that hell hole. This IS the best bar none. This IS SI......

New Threads