Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Spoons KILL

Thanks

Spoons KILL

Morbidly obese people everywhere, yet I see no end to producing spoons.
    Thugs
    Don't
    Matter

Thanks

Re: Spoons KILL

Well they are banning all sorts of shit in NYC, like sodas at the movies and what not .....

Thanks

Originally Posted by g0retekz View Post
    Well they are banning all sorts of shit in NYC, like sodas at the movies and what not .....
    Yep, that will save me from myself ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    Thugs
    Don't
    Matter

Thanks
    Thanked 4,510 Times in 2,187 Posts

i love me some grilled cheese
    There's nothing like a slice of tiller to get your day started -PFM

Dizz - you're white. Please dont say nigga - DieYoungStrong

DONALD TRUMP 2016

Thanks
    Thanked 3,570 Times in 1,612 Posts

This is not meant to be a political comment, but it's going to come off as one... It seems like every president throughout history has had a wife that take some sort of cause under her wing, and it's not secret that michelle has taken child obesity as hers. I have absolutely no problem with this as it is truly an epidemic that touches us all. What i DO have a problem with is the way that she is going about championing her cause. It started as simple programs such as exercising more, teaching parents how to cook healthy meals for their children, given healthy guidelines, etc... But it has turned into MANDATING school lunch programs adhere to strict guidelines, pushing for banning of products in schools, movie theatres, restaurants, etc... This, IMO, is far overreaching. What we have is someone with ZERO political experience pushing an agenda, and doing it quite successfully because of her relationship to the move powerful man in the country. Once again, this is not political commentary on the president or his wife, the fact is that it could just as easily been Mrs. Bush, Mrs. Romney, or Mrs. Clinton doing the exact same things.

I agree 100% that it is a problem that needs to be tackled, but there are better ways of going about it.

When I was a kind my parents restricted everything that I ate. I would only get sweets on holidays, would never have candy, no fatty meats. Lots of vegetables, brown rice, lean meats. I was never allowed fast food and we never went out to eat. Pizza was a twice a year affair. As a result, when I had more freedom and a job (high school) I binged on all the foods that I was not allowed to have and have battled it every since. I FIRMLY believe that my psychological battle with shit food stems from the fact that I was not even allowed these foods in moderation as a child. The exact same thing will happen with the kids these days if they are too restricted. We will have a country full of healthy elementary school kids, overweight middle school kids, and obese high school kids. MODERATION IS KEY.
    In need of dieting help? Email me at HeliosNutrition@gmail.com

Asking pillar how much orals to take is like asking Charlie Sheen how many hookers you should ****. - Jin

#mUGga

Thanks

This is why I prefer sporks!
    Perseverance is stronger than anything else! Never give up, you always win!

Thanks

Originally Posted by gfunky View Post
    This is why I prefer sporks!
    I eat with my fingers.
    Thugs
    Don't
    Matter

Thanks

Yeh I don't agree with the whole banning certain size foods... What if you want to share that Xtra large soda with your friend? What about the Xtra Large fries?

What's next?

If you want to eat and become fat - then fine.. I don't care..The problem are not the sizes but the mentality and willpower of people. Proper Education is key. It starts with us as parents.

Thanks

Hey....I have a novel idea! Why don't we take responsibility for educating our own children about nutrition and fitness??

Thanks

Originally Posted by StoliFTW View Post
    Yeh I don't agree with the whole banning certain size foods... What if you want to share that Xtra large soda with your friend? What about the Xtra Large fries?

What's next?

If you want to eat and become fat - then fine.. I don't care..The problem are not the sizes but the mentality and willpower of people. Proper Education is key. It starts with us as parents.
    Enough ****ing idiots telling me what to do and say, I don't need ANYONE to tell me how much to eat.
    Thugs
    Don't
    Matter

Fallen Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,726 Times in 3,233 Posts

love you spongy and I had the same upbringing you did and had no issues because of it...I think it was exactly how it should be even today BUT kids are spoiled, parents are lazy and it's just too easy to not give a ****. I do agree that things can go to far with the banning but because of my lifestyle, I don't really feel sorry for kids that can't have candy or sodas......If I had children, I would bring them up the way I was no doubt about it!
    [SIZE=2][B][FONT=&amp][B]Peace Out..............Have a Beautiful Life........................See You On the Other-side!!!![/B][/FONT][/B][/SIZE]

Thanks

I love fat people. If everyone had 8% body fat, I'd be considered fat......Lol

Thanks
    Thanked 3,570 Times in 1,612 Posts

I agree with you, but i think it depends on the kid. I'm glad that you had no issues, but it all seems to depend on the person. I think the biggest problem was that I dated a girl all through high school that had a family that did not eat healthy foods and I kind of fell into it. It wasn't until I turned 18 that I realized I was headed down a BAD BAD BAD path. I don't feel sorry for those kids either, but I DO think that moderation is ok. The kid wants a cookie a couple times a week? Shoot, ok. It's when it becomes a daily thing, and when parents start feeding kids crap just to get them to shut up, that it because a problem

Originally Posted by Jenner View Post
    love you spongy and I had the same upbringing you did and had no issues because of it...I think it was exactly how it should be even today BUT kids are spoiled, parents are lazy and it's just too easy to not give a ****. I do agree that things can go to far with the banning but because of my lifestyle, I don't really feel sorry for kids that can't have candy or sodas......If I had children, I would bring them up the way I was no doubt about it!
    In need of dieting help? Email me at HeliosNutrition@gmail.com

Asking pillar how much orals to take is like asking Charlie Sheen how many hookers you should ****. - Jin

#mUGga

Thanks

My kids take two healthy snacks to school (apple sauce, Clementine's, grapes, ect) and after dinner they are allowed a special snack, like pudding, brownies, fruit snacks.

No candy tho.

Maybe once a week when we have pizza we have soda, other than that we never have soda. 100% juice boxes, white grape juice, OJ, ect.

Shit, I eat way worse than they do

Thanks

Too many unaccountable parents is the problem.
    Thugs
    Don't
    Matter

Fallen Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,726 Times in 3,233 Posts

Originally Posted by Spongy View Post
    I agree with you, but i think it depends on the kid. I'm glad that you had no issues, but it all seems to depend on the person. I think the biggest problem was that I dated a girl all through high school that had a family that did not eat healthy foods and I kind of fell into it. It wasn't until I turned 18 that I realized I was headed down a BAD BAD BAD path. I don't feel sorry for those kids either, but I DO think that moderation is ok. The kid wants a cookie a couple times a week? Shoot, ok. It's when it becomes a daily thing, and when parents start feeding kids crap just to get them to shut up, that it because a problem
    I see your point about your upbringing and I'm all for moderation..just wish others would catch on!
    [SIZE=2][B][FONT=&amp][B]Peace Out..............Have a Beautiful Life........................See You On the Other-side!!!![/B][/FONT][/B][/SIZE]

Thanks

But wait.... don;t we NEED the Government to tell us what to eat, and how much, and when, and who should pay what for it? I mean after all, the Government is supposed to be taking care of us, providing phones, healthcare, retirement, housing, food coupons, free education, and health care ... aren't they?

Here's a novel idea.... think about this:

Divide the country in half. Give one half to Democrats and the other half to Republicans.

Which half do you think will NOT be able to pay for itself? Which half do you think will prosper??

Ding Ding Ding.... times up.... oh, and speaking of time, the government says to change your ****ing clocks... twice a year..... to and from the same time....

Autonomous,
    Vette
    Hung like Einstein and Smart as a Mule.

Thanks

I don't agree with the banning of sodas people have the right to make there choices, with kids I have to say to each it own but with my kids i always make sure that they eat there rice and beans meats some veg, for snack I always have special k cereal bars , fruits and yogurt . Once in a while like once a week they r allowed to have candy and cookies if they ate all there food .
    Eating ass is anabolic. .. Stick your tongue in and hold it there for 20 seconds! Wise words from
    TRODIZZLE

Thanks

It ALL comes from the parents,...chances are fat kid, fat parents. I constanlty try to keep myself in check with it's prejudices, lifestyle, etc. but kids model behavior especially when they're young. What your tired, you've been working all day...let your kid have at the snacks and play call of duty all day!!! I know it's easy but pushing a button would be no easier...kids do everything we do and learn everything from us. I know I'm being Captain Obvious on this one but I see it everday. The coach isn't playing me kid that's not fair...."Look at your kid, look at you...you're a piece!!!!"
    Chances are if you busting a nut, you're having a good time!

Thanks

I couldn't buy a car until I could dunk with my left hand.
    All posts are for entertainment purposes only

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast