Results 1 to 19 of 19
  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    38
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Am i doing something wrong?

    Ok I have been off my TRT for a few months, had no sex drive and started gaining weight back..... Two weeks ago, I started back on my TRT (test cyp) I wanted to kick it in to feel it quicker so i started off with 300 mg's the first week and this week i took 250 mg's. In addition to the test cyp.. I have taken 25mg's of clomid also.......Ok ...So far I got nothin... Sex drive has not changed, Although maybe it hasnt been long enough.. Also I read that clomid would produce a huge "load" well um, nothing special in that department either...So am i doing something wrong? All i know is that when i was on trt in the past, I had a great attitude, looked sharp, felt sharp and was ready to go in the bedroom 24/7. Im not feeling that now, yet.... Should i not be taking clomid while on test? should that be for post cycle only?

  2. #2
    Senior Member Times Roman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Northern Cali
    Posts
    1,024
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 10 Times in 9 Posts

    Re: Am i doing something wrong?

    are you taking test e or c?
    if so, it could take up to a month for noticeable effects
    blood checked lately? how's your e?
    I'm not worry about my 'loads" as I'm not trying to put out any fires, so can't help you with that.

    I'd suggest waiting two more weeks and report back.....

    Good luck!

  3. #3
    Senior Moderator NbleSavage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    10,972
    Thanks
    19,277
    Thanked 9,830 Times in 4,908 Posts

    Re: Am i doing something wrong?

    Agree with Roman. Long ester Test could take 3-4 weeks to kick. Also may want to get bloods done to see if your E2 has spiked (I had a similar issue a while back stemming from a bad batch of Aromasin).

    Hang in there, Mate.

  4. #4
    Senior Member Illtemper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    CHI-TOWN
    Posts
    433
    Thanks
    16
    Thanked 8 Times in 6 Posts

    Re: Am i doing something wrong?

    you aint doing nothing wrong you just need some prop so it kicks in faster!!

    why did you go off TRT in the first place if you were doing so well??
    Stay modivated! You only have this life to make it happen!

  5. #5
    Elite DF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    8,380
    Thanks
    4,924
    Thanked 3,335 Times in 1,790 Posts

    Re: Am i doing something wrong?

    What the bros said brother

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    1,021
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts

    Re: Am i doing something wrong?

    Why did you go off TRT? Also it seems like regardless, you need bloods at this point to see where your test levels are and go from there. .

  7. #7
    Senior Member Four1Thr33's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Unknown
    Posts
    2,122
    Thanks
    53
    Thanked 53 Times in 38 Posts

    Re: Am i doing something wrong?

    Just so u know.. Taking 300 one week and 250 the next is so small a dose increase I personally don't think it will do to much in the "faster feel" department
    For a normal cycle, this process is called front loading and it is nornally done when taking a long ester like test C and E
    Lets just go with your number of 250 a week u want to run. That would be 125mg 2x a week
    You would simply double the weeky dosage on your first pin of the cycle
    Example
    500mg pin one and 125 pin two totaling 625 MG in first week
    At this point u would just continue to 125mg shots

    But... Not knowing history or stats off hand or why u are on or off trt I dot want to recommend anything to u yet

    Just some education
    Wolves don't loose sleepover opinions of sheep

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    660
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 11 Times in 5 Posts

    Re: Am i doing something wrong?

    Both forms of test you mentioned administering have peek release windows within 38 hours of a depot injection so it is very likely that you have test levels well above the normal upper bound of the scale at this point.

    Going forward, administer only your prescribed TRT dosage on your prescribed schedule.

    Clomid would not be necessary while on TRT. I am surprised that your physician prescribed that as part of your protocol.

    Remember, the HPTA is like a set of interconnected gears. You have turned only on by administering test. As that gear turns, others gears in the the HPTA will also turn but in different ratios and as such in differing degrees. Suffice it to say that you cannot expect to feel "wonderful" after merely two weeks of supraphysiological injections of test.

  9. #9
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    38
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Re: Am i doing something wrong?

    Great Info... thank you!!!. I am pinning test C and the reason I stopped the TRT in the first place was out of my control. I did not want to stop.. I added the clomid (not the doc) after reading a thread here that it stopped testicle shrinkage... I will report that those are back to full normal size!!! That def. worked!.. That much is completely obvious.. As far as "load size" I read that here from a couple of posters after taking clomid.. The difference was that they were using clomid post trt..

  10. #10
    Senior Member Four1Thr33's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Unknown
    Posts
    2,122
    Thanks
    53
    Thanked 53 Times in 38 Posts

    Re: Am i doing something wrong?

    I would use HCG for testicular atrophy Not really familiar with people useing clomid for that reason
    Wolves don't loose sleepover opinions of sheep

  11. #11
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    923
    Thanks
    19
    Thanked 33 Times in 22 Posts

    Re: Am i doing something wrong?

    Originally Posted by Four1Thr33 View Post
    I would use HCG for testicular atrophy Not really familiar with people useing clomid for that reason
    Are you familiar with clomid's use as a fertility drug in men?

  12. #12
    Senior Member Four1Thr33's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Unknown
    Posts
    2,122
    Thanks
    53
    Thanked 53 Times in 38 Posts

    Re: Am i doing something wrong?

    Not anything more then google stuff and thy I got someone prego taking clomid

  13. #13
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    38
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Re: Am i doing something wrong?

    My friend is going to a trt clinic and they are prescribing him hcg and Nolvadex, In addition to test c. I dont know about long term, but so far, the clomid has stopped my testicular atrophy. I have noticed also that i do not have body acne like i have for the past two years that i have been on Test c alone. This could be as a result of the clomid or it could be that the test c has not had a full chance to get going in my system yet. However, i am starting to see and feel like its coming on again. Mainly i wanted the clomid to stop the DHT conversion. Cashout... I do value your opinion and if you think the clomid is not necessary, then i can drop it from my regiment, This week will be week 3 back on trt and i will be taking a normal sized injection..

  14. #14
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    23
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Re: Am i doing something wrong?

    Originally Posted by ouchie View Post
    My friend is going to a trt clinic and they are prescribing him hcg and Nolvadex, In addition to test c. I dont know about long term, but so far, the clomid has stopped my testicular atrophy. I have noticed also that i do not have body acne like i have for the past two years that i have been on Test c alone. This could be as a result of the clomid or it could be that the test c has not had a full chance to get going in my system yet. However, i am starting to see and feel like its coming on again. Mainly i wanted the clomid to stop the DHT conversion. Cashout... I do value your opinion and if you think the clomid is not necessary, then i can drop it from my regiment, This week will be week 3 back on trt and i will be taking a normal sized injection..
    A clinic is prescribing your friend test c, nolvadex, and hcg? Are they thinking that the nolvadex is going to reduce circulating estrogen in the body? It won't, but it will keep gyno down since it blocks E2 receptors in breast tissue. Then again with a properly administered AI there shouldnt be any gyno development as well.

    Clomid probably won't do much for reducing estradiol or keeping testosterone from converting to DHT. Additionally clomid should not keep your testicles from atrophying while on testosterone like hcg will which is a more direct alternative of LH. While on exogenous testosterone the clomid will be ineffective at tricking your hypothalamus to secrete GNRH and your pituitary to secrete LH and FSH. Essentially there will be too much serum testosterone in your system for your HPTA to be manipulated and therefore produce more sex hormones over what has already been administered by the shots. The pituitary cannot tell the difference between testosterone and estradiol and clomid blocks estradiol receptors in the hypothalamus and pituitary. Therefore if the body feels not enough estrogen is present the body makes more testosterone which is later converted or aromatized into a healthy level of estrogen that the body requires and the messenger hormones LH and FSH are reduced by the pituitary. If you block these E2 receptors with clomid the uninhibited release of FSH and LH signaling lead to increased testosterone and perhaps increased sperm count. So if you are concerned about testicle consistency and size administer small doses of HCG, but realize it often leads to increased E2 and the need for an AI with proper dosing as well. It can be a very individualistic thing as to who readily aromatizes from HCG and who does not. Hope this helps... ( can become a fairly tricky endeavor to balance three compounds)

  15. #15
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    38
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Re: Am i doing something wrong?

    Originally Posted by TheGenuineArt View Post
    A clinic is prescribing your friend test c, nolvadex, and hcg? Are they thinking that the nolvadex is going to reduce circulating estrogen in the body? It won't, but it will keep gyno down since it blocks E2 receptors in breast tissue. Then again with a properly administered AI there shouldnt be any gyno development as well.

    Clomid probably won't do much for reducing estradiol or keeping testosterone from converting to DHT. Additionally clomid should not keep your testicles from atrophying while on testosterone like hcg will which is a more direct alternative of LH. While on exogenous testosterone the clomid will be ineffective at tricking your hypothalamus to secrete GNRH and your pituitary to secrete LH and FSH. Essentially there will be too much serum testosterone in your system for your HPTA to be manipulated and therefore produce more sex hormones over what has already been administered by the shots. The pituitary cannot tell the difference between testosterone and estradiol and clomid blocks estradiol receptors in the hypothalamus and pituitary. Therefore if the body feels not enough estrogen is present the body makes more testosterone which is later converted or aromatized into a healthy level of estrogen that the body requires and the messenger hormones LH and FSH are reduced by the pituitary. If you block these E2 receptors with clomid the uninhibited release of FSH and LH signaling lead to increased testosterone and perhaps increased sperm count. So if you are concerned about testicle consistency and size administer small doses of HCG, but realize it often leads to increased E2 and the need for an AI with proper dosing as well. It can be a very individualistic thing as to who readily aromatizes from HCG and who does not. Hope this helps... ( can become a fairly tricky endeavor to balance three compounds)

    Wow. Thank you for the post! I was not aware that the body primarily made its estrogen by converting test. I thought that this was only a side effect that got us into trouble when taking too much test.... So here is my next and final question.... Do i even need to take an estrogen blocker at 250mg's per week?? If so, which would be the best one?

  16. #16
    Elite DF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    8,380
    Thanks
    4,924
    Thanked 3,335 Times in 1,790 Posts

    Re: Am i doing something wrong?

    You may not need an AI at that dose. The only way to know for sure is blood work. As far as the best AI Aromasin is usually the one to start with. The dose on that is usually 12.5 possibly eod. Again blood work will let you know for sure.

  17. #17
    Elite transcend2007's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    2,704
    Thanks
    691
    Thanked 1,727 Times in 899 Posts

    Re: Am i doing something wrong?

    I agree with what's been said so far. I would add that body acne will likely take another month or 2. Controlling your e certainly can be benefical but if you're prone its a side effect of higher t (I also struggle with it).

    Originally Posted by ouchie View Post
    My friend is going to a trt clinic and they are prescribing him hcg and Nolvadex, In addition to test c. I dont know about long term, but so far, the clomid has stopped my testicular atrophy. I have noticed also that i do not have body acne like i have for the past two years that i have been on Test c alone. This could be as a result of the clomid or it could be that the test c has not had a full chance to get going in my system yet. However, i am starting to see and feel like its coming on again. Mainly i wanted the clomid to stop the DHT conversion. Cashout... I do value your opinion and if you think the clomid is not necessary, then i can drop it from my regiment, This week will be week 3 back on trt and i will be taking a normal sized injection..

  18. #18
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    38
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Re: Am i doing something wrong?

    Guys, I should have waited to run this thread because now, i am feeling like my good ol self again... I certainly can tell now the test level is back up again.. I am going to get some blood work done after another week or so, In the meantime, I wont be taking the clomid (thank you everyone for that info) and if i have any alarming blood work numbers, you can bet i will be back here with questions...

  19. #19
    Senior Member BigFella's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Oz. Best place evuh!
    Posts
    468
    Thanks
    14
    Thanked 12 Times in 8 Posts

    Re: Am i doing something wrong?

    Good luck ouchie. Keep it stable for a month or six weeks and get bloods done then - but also observe what your body is doing.

Similar Threads

  1. How to keto diet ?? Ive been doing it all wrong
    By 4acesbro21 in forum Fat Burning and Weight Loss
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 06-23-2020, 08:03 PM
  2. I must be doing something wrong!
    By snake in forum General Chat & Conversation
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 08-04-2016, 05:31 AM
  3. please help, what Im doing wrong?
    By Guy Holle in forum Steroid Underground UNCENSORED
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 12-17-2015, 10:06 AM
  4. Breathing. your doing it wrong
    By FreeBirdSam in forum General Chat & Conversation
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 02-01-2013, 01:37 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •