A few DNP myths you'll hear

AlphaD

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I know this is from a few weeks ago, but so informative, after reading I had to say that.

Reaction score
Nobody stays on DNP long term. You can't.

But...

Studies of DNP go back to the 30's

http://www.jbc.org/content/202/1/291.full.pdf

Only long term effects I can think of apply to women. Small fraction get cataracts and it may cause infertility.

True on the cataracts thing (but even that minor risk can be eliminated by adding quercetin supplements to the regimen). There are lots of articles on pubmed that find no detrimental effects on in-utero offspring, but I'll concede I have nothing specific about fertility.

regular

SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Whenever the topic of DNP comes up, you can count on a few myths reappearing right along with it. Without being details to the point of tedium, let me just refer to a few of them.

3. "I know a guy who DIED using that stuff!" I call bullshit on this. This is the "My great-grandmother was full-blooded Cherokee" trope of DNP falsehoods: a gazillion people repeat the claim, but you can roll your eyes when you hear it. The fatalities from using DNP did indeed happen when it was used in the early 20th century as a fat loss agent, but it was because people were inventing the dosing protocol themselves without encapsulation or digital scales. They were just making up their regimen on their own. To my knowledge, the last documented DNP fatality was in the 1990s when an unfortunate member of the Elite board did indeed die. In context, though, he was someone who had previously confessed to mixing DNP with street drugs, and then going out to binge drink all night at dance clubs. He had contradicted every single common sense protocol for safe use.

http://filesmelt.com/dl/DNP_Fatalities.pdf

Use responsibly gentlemen.

Reaction score
I don't want anyone to think I'm representing DNP as risk-free; it's not. You have to be wise and patient to use it correctly. I can say, though, that the majority of reported fatalities were of people using DNP in SUPER-high doses, for weeks and even months at a time. One other modern source tends to be the Daily Mail, which is one of the UK's most bullshit tabloids. I saw one article they published claiming that a young woman was "boiled alive" (their words!) by taking DNP (in truth, she took an overdose of DNP in combination with other drugs). I have to say, though, that I notice that a lot of these deaths were in the UK during the recent period of time when a certain dumbass UK source of DNP was hawking shitty, contaminated crap with irresponsible protocol suggestions (and taking paypal on top of it!). Some news articles even name him as the source (a defunct Turkish source, buydinitrophenol, was the other) I pleaded with people not to make their choices based on who was cheapest since this guy had red flags all over him. When it comes to DNP, looking for the cheapest roadside stand is NOT the way to go. You get what you pay for.

Reaction score
Don’t get me wrong, I love posts that dispel common myths. However I think when you do so your information and science needs to be accurate and complete or we become just as bad as the fear mongers. Couple of corrections. Feel free to let me know if I am incorrect on the below:

2. "DNP cooks you from the inside out!" No it doesn't. As soon as someone says this, I know I'm dealing with a moron. DNP has a very minor effect on core temperature (like, 2 degrees at an EXTREME case), and most of the heat effect is at the skin surface level. The heat is caused by additional expenditure of muscle energy to accomplish work, which means that at its most intense DNP is causing your muscle cells to do what exercise does--and you get hot because of it. Nobody goes around worrying that weightlifting cooks you from the inside out. The heat is a normal effect of a normal body process: burning calories in muscle cells. The myth is about as stupid as saying that drinking water "drowns you from the inside out!"

This is sadly almost completely inaccurate. If we had to have to use an analogy as to what DNP does “Cooking you from the inside out” would be a fairly accurate layman description. The action of DNP causes what is known as hyperthermia (Hyperthermia is elevated body temperature due to failed thermoregulation that occurs when a body produces or absorbs more heat than it dissipates. Extreme temperature elevation then becomes a medical emergency requiring immediate treatment to prevent disability or death.) All known DNP fatalities have been directly attributed to this effect. You are more or less correct in asserting that DNP is causing your muscle cells to do what exercise does and you get hot because of it. However the problem is that you also assert that there is a limiting factor of a few degrees and it is only on the skin/surface level. This is in fact incorrect. If the cumulative blood plasma levels increase to a degree where heat produced at a cellular level exceeded that which your body could regulate your temp would increase until you died from hyperthermia. Let me give a example of this. If you ask any medical doctor how death occurs as a result of a seizure they will tell you hyperthermia. When the body has a seizure what you have is constant and uncontrollable muscle contractions, these muscle contract causing increased cellular respiration and as we all know this is a thermogenic (heat producing) reaction. So if the seizure is not stopped the individual will overheat, suffer brain damage, and ultimately die.
In fact a study by the CDC that gathered records from acute exposure in munitions factories noted the following:
Fatal cases, which occurred particularly among alcoholics and workers with renal or hepatic disease, included rapid onset of extreme fatigue, elevated body temperature (≥40 °C), profuse sweating that stained the skin yellow, intense thirst, dehydration, constriction of the pupils, and convulsions. The temperature continued to rise after death, and rigor mortis set in rapidly.

You also said: In reality, DNP is quite hard to die from, and here's why: it has a short life in the body (36 hours or so), and it takes 2-3 days for the full effect of a dose to accumulate.
First of all there is no true consensus in the medical community as to what the true half-life of DNP is in human as there has no modern human trials since it was abounded in the 30s, but let’s assume for this one we do go with 36-48hrs. I am not sure if a half-life of 36-48hrs would be considered short by any stretch of the imagination. Just for example below is the half-life of a few common medications

Acetaminophen (Tylenol) 1-4hrs
Xanax 6-16hrs
Amoxicillih 1-2hrs

Now a 36-48hr half life means that if you take 200mg today then 2 days from now you could still have up to 100mg still active. Now if you look at a cumulative dosing schedule if you went as high as 600 mg for the last few days depending on elimination (which is really not known) you could work up to active blood plasma levels between1200-1500mg active at any given time. Which leads to the second point. We DO NOT know what the LD50 is for DNP conclusively some estimates are anywhere from 20mg-50mg per KG. So if you weight 200lbs or 90 Kg the toxic level could be as low as 1800 mg, and with a 36-48hr half life and accumulation already shown above this level would be very easy to hit or exceed and if hyperthermia sets in and it take 1.5 to 2 days for a meaningful elimination it would in fact not be extremely difficult to see an overdose. Now keep in mind I am perfectly comfortable using DNP because I did my research and absolutely believe it can be used fairly safely.

Also don’t get me wrong you nailed some great points….I just think we have to hold ourselves to a higher burden of proof then those who do engage in the myths and fear mongering…..

Reaction score
Thanks for the info Drew. Been researching DNP profusely over the last 2 days and starting to come to the conclusion it has the same sort of ridiculous myths surrounding it as basic party drugs like X, speed & coc. So the general consensus i am getting from reading up on DNP is that if you use it properly and at the right dosage it really should not be a major significant issue apart from the noted side effects.

Will keep researching though.

Reaction score
Glad to have this forum and specifically this thread for my DNP research

automatondan

Elite
Reaction score
Nobody stays on DNP long term. You can't.

But...

Studies of DNP go back to the 30's

http://www.jbc.org/content/202/1/291.full.pdf

Only long term effects I can think of apply to women. Small fraction get cataracts and it may cause infertility.

Woah, what an enjoyable read! :32 (17): It took me back to my Neuro classes in college and I started to break out in a cold sweat...... But seems to be positive (good) results in that study... Thanks for posting the link!

Reaction score
Hey, i've done my research but it seems that if i want to start finding out how to get DNP i am going to have to start posting on forums, and i was hoping i could get any form of direction to get DNP. I am an average 6'3'' 260lb male, and i believe i should start out with 200mg/day, correct? Again, any direction and or guiding is appreciated.

wabbitt

Elite
Reaction score
Hey, i've done my research but it seems that if i want to start finding out how to get DNP i am going to have to start posting on forums, and i was hoping i could get any form of direction to get DNP. I am an average 6'3'' 260lb male, and i believe i should start out with 200mg/day, correct? Again, any direction and or guiding is appreciated.
DNP is readily available. It is not however, something to approach lightly. People have legitimately died from it. Probably one of the most dangerous compounds discussed here, next to insulin. I read your intro, and I know you are eager to see results, but you've made phenomenal progress so far. Remember, Rome wasn't built in a day.

Tren4Life

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score

Also if you get ANY pms from ANYONE AT ALL trying to sell you dnp. Do not respond and forward them directly to POB. They are trying to scam you out of your money.

mickems

Elite
Reaction score
Also if you get ANY pms from ANYONE AT ALL trying to sell you dnp. Do not respond and forward them directly to POB. They are trying to scam you out of your money.

are you refencing the DNP- Douchedawg?

Steamboat

Reaction score
Really good read, I'm a member of quite a few aas and bb'ing forums, any time DNP is brought up you can bet on a bunch of hypocrites scolding members about how stupid and irresponsible they are for even talking about DNP. Nice to get some real facts and knowledge about this topic and not the same old myths I've been hearing since the 80' s.

Reaction score
I just facepalmed so much whilst reading this long post about the glorious DNP.

It is 100% certain to me that this is written by a layman who has zero education in medicine, biology or toxicology.

If you ask this person who even named his avatar "DiNitro", how the substance actually works - you'll get a blank. He has zero clue.

Don't trust people that write long posts just because they're long.

Low doses of DNP (100-200mg/day), are not especially toxic. It's when you increase it to 600-800mg/day problems can arise - fatal ones.

Among the common drugs for bodybuilding/cutting there's only one more dangerous drug to use by laymen, and that's insulin and maybe IGF.

Iron1

Veteran
Reaction score
I just facepalmed so much whilst reading this long post about the glorious DNP.

It is 100% certain to me that this is written by a layman who has zero education in medicine, biology or toxicology.

If you ask this person who even named his avatar "DiNitro", how the substance actually works - you'll get a blank. He has zero clue.

Don't trust people that write long posts just because they're long.

Low doses of DNP (100-200mg/day), are not especially toxic. It's when you increase it to 600-800mg/day problems can arise - fatal ones.

Among the common drugs for bodybuilding/cutting there's only one more dangerous drug to use by laymen, and that's insulin and maybe IGF.

You're making some bold assumptions for someone who just registered.

So, what's your motive that brings you here to bad mouth our members?

Nice first post. /s

Last edited:

New Threads