Managing cholesterol on cycle

Reaction score
What are some things that can be done during a cycle to limit the negative effects on cholesterol? Or is it something that can not be avoided and I should just focus on it post cycle? Right now I'm just taking fish oil and eating more unsaturated fats like nuts.

Bro Bundy

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
A good clean healthy diet will help for for sure

PFM

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
What are some things that can be done during a cycle to limit the negative effects on cholesterol? Or is it something that can not be avoided and I should just focus on it post cycle? Right now I'm just taking fish oil and eating more unsaturated fats like nuts.

You're on the right track, keep it up.

Shane1974

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Healthy fats like olive oil, salmon, and walnuts increases HDL, along with aerobic exercise. AAS lower it.

Reaction score
Definitely good suggestions, niacin may also help HDL as well.

Heard about this, will have to look into it. Do you know how long something like that should be used for? Also how long does it take to see results?

Reaction score
Heard about this, will have to look into it. Do you know how long something like that should be used for? Also how long does it take to see results?

They have done some fairly long term studies on it (there's an rx niacin called niaspan that's administered at dosages up to 2000 mg), and it looks like after 16 weeks in one study, hdl improved 20 points. As far as I can tell (though I'm not a doctor, and would definitely recommend consulting one), it's safe long-term. If you get flushing, my doc recommended taking an aspirin with it. I'm not exactly sure how quickly it works, but someone else may.

New Threads