UFC Tonight: GSP versus Carlos Condit - who you got?

GSP versus Carlos Condit?

• GSP

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Condit

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

NbleSavage

Veteran
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
18 months on the shelf is a long time for anyone to go between fights. And no one, NO ONE, comes back "better" from an ACL injury than they were before they had it so I'm not believing the hype of a bigger, badder, better GSP.

All of that said, in every aspect of the game where Condit is good, GSP is better. Stand-up? GSP's muay thai is textbook (this from a muay thai guy). Wrestling? GSP's is arguably the best in MMA (he stuffed Koschek and even took him down a couple of times). Jitz? Try arm-barring Matt Hughes and get back to me. I'll wait.

I predict the ring rust will be there, and Condit has an amazing chin & won't be finished but GSP will out-point him standing and even take him down a couple of times & score points on the ground.

GSP by unanimous decision.

63Vette

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I picked GSP but Condit is no joke. This will be a war.

GSP by submission....

Vette

Bro Bundy

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I was not impressed by your performance..gsp all day stand up ground dont matter

Yaya

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Condit..yea! I said it

jennerrator

Fallen Member
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
my boy is going to whip condit's ass!:) Watching prelims now

Yaya

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Sorry again guys

BigGameHunter

Veteran
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Noble very good call its like you have powers. I knew it.

DarksideSix

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
GSP pretty much had his way with
condit, aside from taking that shin kick to the head.

heavydeads83

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
gsp made condit his bitch! damn he looked good to be coming back from an injury.

NbleSavage

Veteran
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Georgie has the heart of a champion. Respect to Condit, who was game but didn't have the takedown defense or positional escapes to keep GSP from executing. Great fight, impressive to see GSP come out as aggressively as he did.

GSP versus ASilva next? :)

BigGameHunter

Veteran
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
In all seriousness that was a very savy call prefight Noble. Most people including myself, pull for the guy they like and overlook details like that. Cool

PFM

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Two bad mother fuckers, but I like GSP's style in and out of the cage. Pulling for GSP ;-)

BigGameHunter

Veteran
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Two bad mother fuckers, but I like GSP's style in and out of the cage. Pulling for GSP ;-)

Hey Bro Ill bet you GSP wins by decision and gets kicked in the head in the 3rd round. Looser buys the turkey.

NbleSavage

Veteran
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
In all seriousness that was a very savy call prefight Noble. Most people including myself, pull for the guy they like and overlook details like that. Cool

Cheers, Mate! I've been around the muay thai game for a while, also did some MMA a few years back but I'm mostly just a fan now. I get a kick out of breaking down the key match-ups in that way. Great sport (MMA) and really glad to see how it's blowing-up here in the states!

BigGameHunter

Veteran
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Cheers, Mate! I've been around the muay thai game for a while, also did some MMA a few years back but I'm mostly just a fan now. I get a kick out of breaking down the key match-ups in that way. Great sport (MMA) and really glad to see how it's blowing-up here in the states!
Well what did you think about what happened to Kampmann

NbleSavage

Veteran
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Well what did you think about what happened to Kampmann

Would you believe me if I told you I called that one also? :)

'Big Rig' is a one-man wrecking crew, and the fact that they were training partners previously fed right into his set-up. I called for a first-round KO, but didn't try to get so close as to pick the time. Kampman's only chance was to shoot early and often. He didn't, and clearly was concerned about being taken-down himself and ending up underneath Hendricks that he bit on set-up. Kampman's a good fighter in his own right, but Hendricks is the heir apparent (if he can continue to improve his submission game) at 170 Lbs.

New Threads