Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
looking to make a few mods to my firearms. :p

Azog

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
You better brother! Only one month and change until zombie apocalypse goes down.

Reaction score
I am an operations manager for a CNC machine shop. We do a little bit of everything but one of my specialties is firearm components for the military and law enforcement. Ive also done some "remilitarization" of WWII machine guns for collectors. I will not do anything illegal. All the work I do is by the book. What is it that you are looking to do?

G

Georgia

You will not do anything illegal? But...aren't steroids illegal? *Insert foot into mouth*

;P

DarksideSix

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I am an operations manager for a CNC machine shop. We do a little bit of everything but one of my specialties is firearm components for the military and law enforcement. Ive also done some "remilitarization" of WWII machine guns for collectors. I will not do anything illegal. All the work I do is by the book. What is it that you are looking to do?

I need to make suppressor baffles for a .22 and in MI they are legal. ;)

I just don't have a lathe or access to one

bubbagump

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
You know, with the right adapter, you can use an oil filter.. Redneck as fuck but Shit acutally works.

bubbagump

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score

You could manufacture him PARTS all day. No legal area there. Its when you ASSEMBLE the parts to make an NFA or registered item that you get into issues.

DarksideSix

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
You know, with the right adapter, you can use an oil filter.. Redneck as fuck but Shit acutally works.

so does a potato in a cut off water bottle.....but i want something that lasts.

Capt'n Ron

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Everything we do is a choice and carries with it inherent risks. I am always pushing the envelope and regard many laws and rules as suggestions from society on how they would like me to behave. I really enjoy firearms and have one or two. A suppressor would be interesting to play with but for me it is not worth the mandatory ten year federal term to have an illegal one. If you are dead set on having one get a license last I checked they were $250.00, but it has been a while.

DF

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Screw that suppressor Dark! Let them hear you coming!

:tren:

ccpro

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Here in S. FL with a little effort you could definately find the peeps to make you one. It would be very cool to have one....you got me thinking???

DADAWG

SI Founding Member
Reaction score
its a one time federal 200 dollar tax stamp fee for a legal suppresor.

DarksideSix

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
its a one time federal 200 dollar tax stamp fee for a legal suppresor.

exactly. Already paid it and have my signed form 1. Just do not have a lathe to make a good one.

DADAWG

SI Founding Member
Reaction score
exactly. Already paid it and have my signed form 1. Just do not have a lathe to make a good one.

never thought about making my own , good silencers are expensive . i wouldnt mind the 200 bucks half as much if i could make my own silencer instead for dropping 500-1000 dollars. i would buy a 300 blackout upper for my ar and use subsonic rounds for the shush factor.

Hollywood72

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Have you ever shot subs and shot consistent?

DADAWG

SI Founding Member
Reaction score
have you ever shot subs and shot consistent?

my ar is 223 and they arent subsonic , the 300 blackout is heavy enough to slow it down to subsonic .i would have to buy a 300 blackout upper .

DarksideSix

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
never thought about making my own , good silencers are expensive . i wouldnt mind the 200 bucks half as much if i could make my own silencer instead for dropping 500-1000 dollars. i would buy a 300 blackout upper for my ar and use subsonic rounds for the shush factor.

it's a lot cheaper to make your own. the designs are easy, but like i said, do not have a lathe. yes, you can make your own if you have the tax stamp, just have to take it to get engraved. not doing nothing too serious my first time, just for my 22

DarksideSix

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Here in S. FL with a little effort you could definately find the peeps to make you one. It would be very cool to have one....you got me thinking???

you can make pretyy decent baffles with washers and freeze plugs. my biggest problem is getting threaded end caps on my tube with a center hole.

Christosterone

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I need to make suppressor baffles for a .22 and in MI they are legal. ;)

I just don't have a lathe or access to one

Man, 22s velocity is already pretty low, would definitely take a bit of range off it....that being said, cheaper than dirt makes a hand crank modification for the semi auto 22s and also larger clips, I got my drums for my ar and ak there, and the 20 round for the 12gauge will have you grinning like a little kid

Christosterone

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
you can make pretyy decent baffles with washers and freeze plugs. my biggest problem is getting threaded end caps on my tube with a center hole.

There's a threading kit I believe you can get at a hardware store that would suffice

New Threads