Home made gym equipment

Four1Thr33

SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Lol I came across this pic and wanted to see if anyone here has made there own systems. Post up guys

image-1.jpg

BigGameHunter

Veteran
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I took 2 pieces of masons scafold frames put them in a V welded them together and welded pegs to the outer legs (beefed up legs as well) I do my dips in the back of it close to the V. Squats in the back of the V, and bench on the peggs on the outer V. I have a rope and wheel I got from a roofer friend and do my lats and tri's with that. Dont have pictures, and its not pretty but Ive done it like this for a while. All my weights are over age 20 it all sits outside. Crude is better for me. I love it. No gym bullshit, just me my sons and a radio.

Its cool to lift outside as well regardless of weather. Its all under an aluminum carport/shed to keep snow and rain off us.

63Vette

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Lol I came across this pic and wanted to see if anyone here has made there own systems. Post up guys

image-1.jpg

LOL... "You Might Be A Redneck If ... " lol I had a buddy that had the rest of that setup... he had an axle with two five gallon buckets on the ends full of dried sheetrock mud... lol shit was heavy too.... and stunk like old grease... hey, props for desire and dedication... lol

Respect,
Vette

63Vette

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Nice looking Cambered bar bro. Those fuckers are NOT cheap!!

Excellent,
Vette

63Vette

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I took 2 pieces of masons scafold frames put them in a V welded them together and welded pegs to the outer legs (beefed up legs as well) I do my dips in the back of it close to the V. Squats in the back of the V, and bench on the peggs on the outer V. I have a rope and wheel I got from a roofer friend and do my lats and tri's with that. Dont have pictures, and its not pretty but Ive done it like this for a while. All my weights are over age 20 it all sits outside. Crude is better for me. I love it. No gym bullshit, just me my sons and a radio.

Its cool to lift outside as well regardless of weather. Its all under an aluminum carport/shed to keep snow and rain off us.

I get the feeling that if I ever need to kick someone's ass (again), I want you and PFM standing behind me.... just in case I have lost a step...lol...

Respect,
Vette

mistah187

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I have a cousin who did some prison time and when he came home he still fills up 50 gallon trash bags with water and uses them like dumbells. It's funny as shit.

BigGameHunter

Veteran
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I get the feeling that if I ever need to kick someone's ass (again), I want you and PFM standing behind me.... just in case I have lost a step...lol...

Respect,
Vette

Ill go get the car for you guys. I can drive like a MF. No in all seriousness, if you have to defend yourself you may not be in a climate controled enviornment, might as well push yourself in all types of weather/elements. Keeps the muscles guessing too.

BigGameHunter

Veteran
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I have a cousin who did some prison time and when he came home he still fills up 50 gallon trash bags with water and uses them like dumbells. It's funny as shit.

My Dad had to do hard time and really is the inspriation behind the routine and its effects on the body. Guys that have been locked up are a very good source for knowledge on things like this. Bottom line if you want to work out youll find a way.

mistah187

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
For sure. I just tell him bro uv been out for years it's ok to get some dumbells.

IWannaGetBig

SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Well like I've heard in the past "Necessity is the Mother of all invention"

BigGameHunter

Veteran
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
This is awesome, Im building that squat rack

Times Roman

Reaction score
i thought this was going to be a serious thread. you mean "red neck gyms?"

had one in georgia while in the military over at a buddies house. what we didn't have with weights, we'd make due with other things. didn't have a bench press, so we did pushups instead. except we'd load cinderblocks on our shoulders to increase weight.

Christosterone

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Need to take welding lessons after this, those tires are straight outta the eastern block though

BigGameHunter

Veteran
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Stoked your awesome, Beautiful home, Cadillac MPV in garage and a wooden home made squat rack. Im inspired man.