Frontloading a cycle

DADAWG

SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Well, good. I'm relieved that my stance is blatantly against those who feel longer cycles are best. Think about it like this, if you believe that long cycles are better because they give your body the chance to "get used to" your new weight, then what about the extended time off and your body getting used to your off cycle LOSS of weight? That is, of course, dependent on you caring about your HPTA and fully recovering between cycles. IF you care about healthy and effective cycling for long term progression, it is my firm belief that shorter cycles (6-11 weeks), are the superior way to achieve those ends.

there are people who have recovered hpta with cycles a year long so a 14-16 weeker isnt to long with a proper pct. i dont like short cycles because people tend to run higher doses to try and gain the same as a longer lower dose cycle and IMO for what thats worth a longer lower dose cycle gives the same results with less side effects than a shorter higher dose cycle. also there are numerous older cycler on this board who are allready on trt and the lobger lower dose cycle is DEFINATELY more sensible for them.

SAD

Reaction score
My proposal is strictly for people who cycle and then recover natty production. Clearly HPTA suppression is not an issue if you're on TRT.

As for 14-16 week cycles not being "too" long, I agree they can and will be recovered from with proper pct. The question is, how long will it take to recover enough natty production to mitigate the losses post-cycle? I could go on and on, but that should be left to debate in my thread rather than derailing this one. As I said already, it is a theory based on my opinion and experience. Nobody has to agree with it.

Times Roman

Reaction score
My proposal is strictly for people who cycle and then recover natty production. Clearly HPTA suppression is not an issue if you're on TRT.

As for 14-16 week cycles not being "too" long, I agree they can and will be recovered from with proper pct. The question is, how long will it take to recover enough natty production to mitigate the losses post-cycle? I could go on and on, but that should be left to debate in my thread rather than derailing this one. As I said already, it is a theory based on my opinion and experience. Nobody has to agree with it.

alot can be said for a quick 8 week cycle with P

cranium85

Banned
Reaction score
i have frontlaoded two test only cycles... my feeling on this is that it may bring your blood levels up sooner but as far as feeling the effects ... you still have to wait a good month to start feeling the test cyp or eth even when you front load

SAD

Reaction score
i have frontlaoded two test only cycles... my feeling on this is that it may bring your blood levels up sooner but as far as feeling the effects ... you still have to wait a good month to start feeling the test cyp or eth even when you front load

"Feeling" it is too subjective and personal. If you know that frontloading or kickstarting a cycle is going to get protein synthesis up to peak much faster and therefore be more effective regardless of length of cycle, but particularly in short cycles, why in the world would you not do it? I, unfortunately, have never been one of those guys that felt like superman while on cycle. It may be due to the fact that I am a confident alpha-male naturally and therefore have always kind of felt like superman (cocky I know). Either way though, I am not one to judge a cycle, or a way to cycle, based on feelings. I am forced to do it based on fact. I'm up 6 pounds, fact. My squat is up 45 pounds, fact. I still have a bicep pump from brushing my teeth 45 minutes ago, fact. I'm finding it difficult to hide my spontaneous boners while at work, fact. Etc, etc, etc.

Times Roman

Reaction score

I try to avoid subjective analysis such as "feeling it" and instead prefer to walk around the gym with my little notebook tracking my efforts/results. If I front load with E, by doubling my initial dose the first week, and then the subsequent week, I can typically observe my rep count going up noticeably by the middle of the third week. I usually do not see this until almost the end of the fourth week. Quite often, when I do this, I like to end the cycle a week earlier to more or less balance out with the front load.

If I front load with P, my rep count jumps by around day 10.

I have so much E and C laying around, it makes sense to use what I have. But if i had equal access to P, i think I'd just stick with that, and no need for front loads or 12 week cycles.

SuperBane

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Hmm very interesting thread. It has certainly muddled how I should run my cycle.
I originally planned a 12 week Test Cyp cycle at 600mg a week for 12 weeks.
With 20-50mg Dbol kickstart 4-5 weeks.

The closure we approach the new year the more I desire to change things to 12wk Test cycle with 4weeks of mast p on the end. Which would lead me into a second cycle of test/deca/mast

This thread as well as Sad's thread on short cycles has had me thinking a lot about how I should run things.
Although I am not keen on using orals as outlined in the short cycles described by Sad. (Because in the spring and summer I participate in a lot of social events with plenty beautiful women.... I always end up with a drink or three in hand. Winter not so much no big deal.)

I guess maybe I should start a new thread pertaining to my confusion lol
Overthinking can complicate the simplest of things.

silvereyes87

Elite
Reaction score
Has anyone front loaded recently? Know it's an old thread but thought I'd bump because I thought it was interesting. Alot of people kickstart with orals. But what if you're saving your oral for tail end of cycle. Would front loading be benificial in that circumstance?

jSalud

Elite
Reaction score
Has anyone front loaded recently? Know it's an old thread but thought I'd bump because I thought it was interesting. Alot of people kickstart with orals. But what if you're saving your oral for tail end of cycle. Would front loading be benificial in that circumstance?
I always front load my cycles either with prop/ace or double weekly dose on week 1. I love the feeling of being on cycle and I am inherently an impatient man. Seems to work fairly well on my book.

therealkozmo

Reaction score
My doctor prescribed trt protocols have all started with 200mg a week of test c. With twice weekly hcg injections. I seem to feel it within the first few days. Then again placebo is a hell of a drug

Reaction score
I would like you guys opinion on backloading. My biggest problem hands down is lathergy and drive when first weeks of PCT, don't get me wrong I still force my way through it but hate it. Not because I'm mentally bumed from not being on cycle it's just the sides of clomid Nolva and the radical chemical change in such an abrupt period slows me down bad. Would backloading increase this as far as having the sudden chemical change vs less test weening to PCT? Keep in mind in my case the first 2-3 weeks PCT is pounding PWO, tyroseen, and other energy boosting supps to keep working out at the pace of on cycle

New Threads