Thread: Alcohol

Thanks
    Thanked 1,755 Times in 913 Posts

Alcohol

I am interested in hearing how my SI brothers feel about alcohol consumption in regards to obtaining bodybuilding results whether youíre on cycle or not.

Personally I enjoy a drink or two and I have been tipping my glass (red wine, draft beer, vodka tonic) far too often over the past 6 months to tune of 3 to 4 times a week. My wife and I both enjoy happy hour at home together around 6pm most nights. Itís more a social activity than getting hammered. But, I know the added 600 those days is not a good idea.

My plan on my upcoming primo cycle is to cut alcohol altogether for 2 weeks then once per week after that. So, a reduction 75%.

How do you deal with alcohol in your life?

Fallen Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,726 Times in 3,233 Posts

Re: Alcohol

I enjoy a beer but on cycle refrain.
    [SIZE=2][B][FONT=&amp][B]Peace Out..............Have a Beautiful Life........................See You On the Other-side!!!![/B][/FONT][/B][/SIZE]

Thanks
    Thanked 1,795 Times in 1,266 Posts

red wine only while on cycle.....

no aas, boz it up...lol

Thanks
    Thanked 6,985 Times in 2,992 Posts

Its funny when Im training very hard I wont want any booze at all. But if Im kind of coasting I will cut loose.

Thanks

I try not too booze much at all especially when on cycle. But off cycle on special occasions is a go and once in awhile after a hard day's work. According to recent research males can have no more than 2 drinks per day and females no more than 1 drink per day without affecting your health. Now don't go overdoing it guys and gals

Thanks

Although the liver is the most regenerative organ next to the epidermis there is no reason to use that as an excise to beat it up. I have made and kept very respectable level and muscle to BF ratio while drinking heavy once a week, but I also drank 8-12 oz water for each shot of alcohol and didn't use any orals. My liver always looked great on bloodwork.

Now the flip: I stopped drinking completely and my BF dropped a % and stayed at least one full % with no change to diet, compounds or training. Once a week alcohol affected my lipids and E2 that much (that's allot for one night of drinking IMO).

Moderation is the key, unless a guy has liver issues I see no reason not to enjoy some booze on occasion, but expect some BF if you drink a full bottle like I did.

CFM
    Thugs
    Don't
    Matter

Thanks
    Thanked 4,510 Times in 2,187 Posts

A veeery popular pro i see regularly sucking a few back at one of my local bars. I take it as i see it..

On orals no

on oils be smart and dont over do it. Drink water and take extra vitamin C
    There's nothing like a slice of tiller to get your day started -PFM

Dizz - you're white. Please dont say nigga - DieYoungStrong

DONALD TRUMP 2016

Thanks
    Thanked 3,263 Times in 1,933 Posts

Originally Posted by transcend2007 View Post
    Personally I enjoy a drink or two and I have been tipping my glass (red wine, draft beer, vodka tonic) far too often over the past 6 months to tune of 3 to 4 times a week. My wife and I both enjoy happy hour at home together around 6pm most nights. It’s more a social activity than getting hammered. But, I know the added 600 those days is not a good idea.
    I'm pretty much in the same boat. My wife and I enjoy some cocktails at home as well. Pretty much the same you listed and 3-4 times per week. When I would run a PH cycle I would refrain, because I have only one liver and would like to keep it. But most PH's are harsher then AAS, anyhow. I run AEGIS, TUDCA year round to keep a healthy Liver. I guess my philosophy was always do I want drink excessively, tacking on those calories, and then having to bust my ass in the gym, just to counter balance to maintain, or cut it back or out while training hard so I make some decent progress? Well the verdict is out yet! hahaha.

Thanks

I personally do not drink at all. On or off cycle.
    Wolves don't loose sleepover opinions of sheep

Thanks

These days I never have more than two drinks tops on any night. Probably have maybe 4 drinks a week on average, usually just a glass of red wine with dinner. When I was on cycle, I was trying to limit myself to one glass of red wine at night, two nights a week, and no booze other than that. Now that I'm off I'll do beer sometimes if I feel like it, but I don't go out and get hammered at the bars, its more of something to enjoy with good food.

Thanks

I myself like to get decently drunk once or twice a week, but I make sure I take extra vitamins that day, and I drink plenty of water.
    But honestly as each week passes, the urge to drink heavy lessens, I prefer being the DD and having a few beers, then making sure everyone gets home safe and sound.
    I SCORED A GOAL ONCE......

Thanks

I also personally do not drink at all anymore. but I guess it comes down to what you love or are looking for most - booze or results? Ill take results any day..

Thanks
    Thanked 1,209 Times in 645 Posts

i guess it depends on your goals. if you're a bodybuilder i would watch it but for powerlifters its not as big a deal unless they're on a shit ton of orals. i have yet to take d-bol or a-drol but i drink socially on and off cycle. however i also drink water all day and take milk thistle, alpha lipoic acid, and a lot of other supplements. just be smart about it brotha. everybody dies but not everyone lives. gotta cut loose and have some fun every now and then my friend

Thanks

I go through stages. Sometimes Ill drink once a week, sometimes its every night. I get the feeling I should lay off.

Thanks

This is going to sound crazy mini I havent had a beer since last summer and I drank one fkin beer and I was light headed!!! Lmfao ) I know I suck!
    Eating ass is anabolic. .. Stick your tongue in and hold it there for 20 seconds! Wise words from
    TRODIZZLE

Thanks

i also go through phases, i sometimes drink a ton of beer and sometimes nothing... I will say if on cycle then you will get MUCH better results not drinking..

liver values and recovery change from person to person. My best friend is a genetic freak, he drinks and eats shit while cycling and still looks amazing, meanwhile he gets bloods and everything is fine! Everyone is different and we just need to all take precautions. How many juiced out retards to we all see at clubs and bars taking shots and snorting crazy amounts of coke?? for me, many. All i can say is like i said before, drink water and be smart

DONALD TRUMP 2016

Thanks

Well said yaya.. my post was based on the premise that if Im going to go through all the trouble (not to mention costs) of setting aside time to train, eat rest and cycle, then Im going to do everything in my power to ensure the best results. we all know a thousand things can occur during that 3 -5 month window which can disrupt everything - work, family issues, injuries, etc - things out of our control...why voluntarily add something to the mix which can only cause additional problems and does nothing to help results.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,755 Times in 913 Posts

Thanks guys! It good to hear things from all sides.

I have to ask this question. Is it just me or is sex just better after a few drinks. Mrs. transcend gets a little wild after 2 tequilla shots!!

Thanks

my wife would let me stick my dick in her nostrils after a few shots... so YES! sex gets better after a few shots for them.

DONALD TRUMP 2016