Best/worst gyms you guys been to.

losieloos

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Would like to know just in case.the best gym I've been to was this small ma nd pa gym you don't see that much now in days with all the big chain gyms invading I now go to a worlds gym that's great. The worst, I thnk it's a good gym but if any of yous been to a L.A fitness you know how packed it gets that's my only issue.

mistah187

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
man here in northern cali they had a sweet worlds gym. got rid of it. then there was a good dungeon type golds gym that i went to for years that got closed down. now its jus fn 24 hour fitness and hella 19 year old russian kids on tbol only cycles lookin at there abs in the mirror. shoot me in the face. lol

biggerben692000

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Back in 2004 I got a 2 week trial membership at Worlds in Palm Springs. I've never seen so many jacked up gheys in my life. They were spotting each other from behind and shit. Dudes were looking at me like they were hungry or something.
Up on the second level, they had a DJ spinning tunes. Fucking weird.
The best gym was in my basement back in Ct. I had everything.

JAXNY

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
best gym ive ever worked out in as far as hard core bodybuilding, was the gym I first started training in, the old Samsons gym in NY. a lot of the guys competed in that gym. guys like Danny Pilla, Bob Cicherillo came from that gym. ive yet to find anything like it. moved to California thought there would be tons of gyms like that... nope nothing! bunch of 24 hour fitness and LA fitness Puss gyms. only other two gyms that were close are Golds Venice and Club Met-RX Newport beach

bubbagump

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
North Kansas City community gym. Had a badass weight room, pool, basketball courts, 1/8mile track, all indoors and never was crowded. Except the basketball courts but F that gay shit anyway.

ken Sass

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
in yuba city cal. back in the 80's black iron gym, raised dead lift plat form great people, great environment. another good 1 was in bakersfield cal. i would work out their when i was on leave. power lifting gym. guess thats why i lift like i do, i have enjoyed those with chalk dust the most. worst 24 hr fitness sevierville tn. complained if my shoes were dirty or if i made noise when i lifted.

grind4it

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Best for me is Crunch on South Beach...all the Miami strippers workout there ;)

Worst; would be my current gym "Family" is in the name. It sucks balls. Skinny fucks and fat fucks. They have all kinds of stupid rules (no banging weights, no grunting....fucking pussies). They have the best equipment in the little town I live in. Plus it gives me something to bitch about.

mabdelrasoul

SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Dolphins gym in new york city by far the worst gym IV been to. At times all the dam machines are being used and gym is small as shit. Id say nysc is the best other then Harbor fitness.

SAD

Reaction score
Dolphins gym in new york city by far the worst gym IV been to. At times all the dam machines are being used and gym is small as shit. Id say nysc is the best other then Harbor fitness.

The machines were all being used? Perfect! That means the free-weights (aka man weights) were available. I have a friend who likes to be "toned" and works out on the machines. When guys come into the gym and ask where the pussy is, I point to him.

SAD

Reaction score
Best gym? Haven't found one yet.

Worst gym? Every gym I've been to.

Cashout

Reaction score
Best: My gym in my primary house - over the years I've hand picked every piece of equipment and it is perfectly stocked for my needs.

Worst: A gym that will remain nameless in Memphis Tennessee. I was asked to leave for wearing a new, crisp, clean white wife beater during my workout. Apparently it was against the "dress code."

AlphaD

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Here in PA, I'm right across town from York Barbell factory/museum/warehouse. Anyhow we have two Gold's Gyms that are pretty decent. Last year out in Bumfuk country, I came across a warehouse gym called Vision Fitness/Garage Ink. It stocked with tires, lifting chains, yokes, ect.

Worst: Overwhelmingly would be Planet Fitness. With there stupid "No Grunt" zone and No free weights L-)

BigGameHunter

Veteran
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Best gym is the one behind my shop.

Last "great gym" I went to was a bunch of salad tossers trying to act like bad asses. I went to jail 4 days later. Fuck em posers.

PFM

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
There is nothing wrong with the chains themselves, it's a the fucking assholes that wreck a otherwise good place to train. I can make due with a mop handle and water bags, so it's really about the clientele and time of day. Most great gyms are shit from 4-9pm anyway.

BigGameHunter

Veteran
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I got into it with one of the "hard core guys" at the gym. I didnt plan on it, just the way it worked out.

DF

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
My first gym at 13 was named the Iron Gym in Brockton MA. It was located in the basement of some kind of warehouse. It looked like something out of the first rocky movie. It was damp dark smelly. I loved it!!! Lol. A bunch if old school guys lifting old rusty weights & hitting heavy bags.

PFM

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Here is a bitch: the closet "gym" to me is good enough, it's the lame ass idiots that come and go. Not that anyone gets in my way but the atmosphere of old hags and fat fucks wasting my oxygen gets to me once in a while.

New Threads