Thread: Traning to eat

Thanks

Traning to eat

Here is my experience eating to Get Big.

These days I can eat 24-7, I am not always hungry but I just eat, it's all about training your mind and body. I did it, so can you.

Being a ecto-meso (mostly ecto AKA hard gainer) I needed calories, lots of calories all day and night. It's not something a guy just jumps into at least not for me. I had to add meals and increase meal portions over time.

The most dramatic example of conditioning myself to Eat Big was eating a full meal pre- workout (I in fact mean eating in the parking lot of the gym and walking into a full no sissy, no BS session). I was instructed by Jack Dillinger (former Mr. America and Mr. Universe from the late 40's to early 60's) he owned a gym equipment store locally and I'd pick his brain, this ended up being the most valuable information for a natty guy I ever found.

Back to my story. Jack instructed me to eat on a 24-7 schedule, I was 20 and didn't listen like most kids, but it stuck in my head. Some years later after I had moved and really wanted more from the hard training....I followed his advice (without having his experience on hand) and no matter how I tweaked eating times, work and training I was in the gym on a full stomach, squats and back training were the puke makers, but in time I could go to failure in the rack or rowing 275 and not even experience a burp.

The body will adapt.
    Thugs
    Don't
    Matter

Thanks
    Thanked 3,263 Times in 1,933 Posts

Re: Traning to eat

PFM, does housing down 3 whoopers count! Joking. Man I heard this type of philosophy before, and you have your body trained. I still have trouble just doing a pre-wo meal in the 45 minutes thresh-hold, I can't fathom to eat in gym parking lot! But like you said the body will adapt..........just hope the people around will adapt to those initial pukes!:-0

Thanks

man if i eat and then take a pre workout sup its bad news... i def agree with what you say though the body will adapt. thats for sure. thats something i learned in the corps. sometimes you just need someone to remind you of that sht. good post pfm.

Thanks

And hear I am eating a tuna wrap and kidney beans befoew the gym thinkin I'd be sick ..
    Wolves don't loose sleepover opinions of sheep

Thanks

Alpha and 187 I can from experience tell you those PWO drinks are very hard to digest and I learned the hard way real food works the best.
    Thugs
    Don't
    Matter

Thanks

Originally Posted by Four1Thr33 View Post
    And hear I am eating a tuna wrap and kidney beans befoew the gym thinkin I'd be sick ..
    Most likely you'll become sick a few or several times. Start with less intense body parts like delts, arms, pecs. Just like training our muscles this eating training takes time, consistency dedication.

To expand a little: I got a job that afforded me the luxury of flexible training time(s) In just 4 months I was "untrained" and when I went back to my eat and train schedule I had to reintroduce my body (but my head was already there) and in no time I was back at it ;-)

It's all about training yourself.
    Thugs
    Don't
    Matter

Thanks
    Thanked 18,092 Times in 7,788 Posts

Good thread. I am currently working with a kid in his mid 20's who can't get above 165lbs. He says he is eating as much as he can. I of course tell him he's full of shit and challenge him. Here is where we start.

1. On the way to the gym eat as many saltines or graham crackers as you can fit in your stomach. These won't upset your stomach at all. In fact they'll settle it a bit.
    2. Once per week you will force feed yourself a green vegetable. Pick a green veg and eat it until you are on the verge of exploding like a vomit breathing dragon.

From there I will work to slowly increase the portions of each of his meals. Ginger will become a frequently used ingredient in his meals to keep his stomach settled. Digestive enzymes and probiotics will be added as needed.

Thanks

On a personal note i have followed PFMs advice and philosophy on eating and it has helped me increase my appetite immensely. Does take time but well worth it...

Thanks

Hear's my 2cents.
    I would eat a full meal or a shake (eat carbs with it). Every 2 to 3 hours.
    Increase intake of carbs
    potatoes, pasta, rice(even white because its easier to eat), whole grain bread(double servings of any of these carbs) q3h.
    also Beef, whole eggs, peanut butter.
    If you wake up in the middle of the night to take a piss, eat a sandwich or a good dose of Protein powder With whole milk.
    You can buy instant milk and add a full packet to whole milk.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,342 Times in 1,792 Posts

I very much agree with training to eat. Most of my adult life my weight was 180-190lbs. I have never been a huge eater. I'd eat my 3 meals & that was all & maybe a shake. Starting trt I began having a min of 6 meals/day. On my last cycle I got soooo sick of eating but it helped my body adapt.