Tested Blood PRessure at CVS. Should I be worried?

Reaction score
I dont know how accurate this machine is there, but I gave it a shot since I was there and it was free. heres a pic I took for you guys.
the second coulmn number is 80. sorry the flash blocks it.

Im currently on cycle

Attachments

• IMAG0125.jpg
    IMAG0125.jpg
    87.6 KB · Views: 45

Four1Thr33

SI Founding Member
Reaction score
That's mad high but... I tested at 160/80 today
I got to drop salt, coffee, and clen and see if it can be fixed

Reaction score
thing is I dont know how accurate those machines in the store are, but my resting heart rate kinda made me take notice. I assume its the T3 doing that. I guess I shouldnt start Clen now.

pirovoliko

Reaction score
those machines are not known for their accuracy

Four1Thr33

SI Founding Member
Reaction score
U might be fine with clen... I might just be dieing

pirovoliko

Reaction score
think its to high for being on cycle? Im usning Tren too right now

No in just saying its high in view of the normal BP. Your diastolic at 80 is right on, so thats good news...

DF

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Bro does that say your pulse was 149?

Reaction score
Bro does that say your pulse was 149?

yeah it does. I really dont think that can be right though. I would think I would be feeling it if it was.
I tried to pull out this polar watch I have when I got home to see what it would read, but the damn battery is dead.

DF

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I would hope that's not accurate. You can take your own pulse all you need is a watch. Google how to take your pulse if you don't know how. If its 149 this could be a real problem.

Reaction score
well attempting to count myself if Im getting it right then its around 100-104

Popeye

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
As far as I know...those machines are pretty damn accurate....it doesn't take a whole lot of machine to measure it correctly.

With that said...the fact of you walking around CVS and even sitting down, thinking about taking that test will make a difference (be high).....next time you're there.....check it a couple times, one after relaxing for a min....like I said...they are fairly accurate.

149 is a very high heart rate for no stress (exercise). But again...just walking to the machine and anxiousness could have caused that.

Your BP was high but not alarmingly high.....once again, you need a couple readings after rest.

Keep an eye on it bro....I have had BP issues and High heart rate issues I've dealt with in the past....

Please let me know if you have any questions....ITS NUTHIN TO FUCK WITH!!!!

Reaction score
As far as I know...those machines are pretty damn accurate....it doesn't take a whole lot of machine to measure it correctly.

With that said...the fact of you walking around CVS and even sitting down, thinking about taking that test will make a difference (be high).....next time you're there.....check it a couple times, one after relaxing for a min....like I said...they are fairly accurate.

149 is a very high heart rate for no stress (exercise). But again...just walking to the machine and anxiousness could have caused that.

Your BP was high but not alarmingly high.....once again, you need a couple readings after rest.

Keep an eye on it bro....I have had BP issues and High heart rate issues I've dealt with in the past....

Please let me know if you have any questions....ITS NUTHIN TO FUCK WITH!!!!

I didnt know just being nervous could affect the reading.
Well, I may have been a bit. I been thinking about my BP lately cause I sweat pretty easy these days.
I never use to sweat, and now it happens a lot. I may have worked my self up a bit.
Plus I was struggling a bit to fit my arm down into this thing. Its like a tube you gotta run your arm through and youre suppose to get your bicep into it. Its not that easy! lol
I just ordered some of this AI sports Cycle support too.

I will try and pop into cvs again tomorrow if possible and test a few times and let you all know the results

Mind2muscle

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
The systolic number can be affected by anxiety/nervousness. Your diastolic is normal. But your heart rate is WAY to high for resting! I would follow the advice of other guys here. Take the measurements 3 separate times waiting 2-3 minutes in between each. If your HR is that high I would suggest decreasing the dosage on the supplements you are taking. Your BP and HR are not anything to mess with. That's why they are called VITAL signs. Good luck to ya man!

RowdyBrad

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
My bp is around 135/77 even on cycle, but it did go a little higher on Tren.

My pulse spikes from my anxiety, but it's usually at 65-70. Maybe get a 40 dollar personal one to use (get the larger cuff if you need it)

Yaya

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
those machines are kind of accurate

BigFella

SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I think that everyone should have a blood pressure monitor on hand and use it regularly. I have had one for years, and I'm now so familiar with how it reads and how my body feels that I can pick all three measures within five or ten - i.e. systolic, diastolic and pulse rate. So I guess I don't need it. :)

It's just the same as having baseline markers for blood work. Without knowing what the "normal" numbers are how do you know what's abnormal?

The one I have now is the Omron BP791IT(I just replaced one I had had for twenty years) cost me a bit over a hundred bucks I think, does three readings and averages them, keeps a record of readings and times and lets me upload them to a computer (and the Microsoft Health Vault if I want to share with the world) so I can see a history of what my heart was doing when I was doing what sort of things.

Really simple, really effective, a good early warning system - or just great peace of mind.

To give you an idea, here are my readings since 17 November:

Systolic, diastolic, pulse
134/75, 64
134/69, 66
142/79, 65
141/80, 66
137/71, 72
147/73, 73
131/70, 63
125/64, 60
153/81, 64
137/69, 62​

The outlier in italics - that was when I was really needing some sleep and had been pushing far too hard.

Just Googled it - it's as low as $60. And you can get Really Bug cuffs for you big boys.

New Threads