Thinking about trying slin next cycle. Yay or nay?

Rage Strength

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
So I've been researching and never realized slin could be bought without a script. Next cycle my goal is to put on 30-40lbs. My last bulk I put on around 40lbs(didn't gain a ton of fat) so I think it's realistic. Anyway, I was thinking about doing slin at 10iu's per day for the maybe 10-12 weeks to be safe. Also adding in deca or tren(600mg for either), 500 test, and 75-100dbol. My main concerns for trying slin is that I'm afraid of diabetes. When I used to be overweight(yes, I used to be fat lol), I think I had pre diabetes there for a while. I know my moms side has a high risk for it but my dads side doesn't. I would run it when I'm real lean(after finish this cut). What do you guys think?

PillarofBalance

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
You're afraid of diabetes and want to run slin at 10iu's per day for 12 weeks? Oh boy... Never used slin, but I know this is a terrible plan. Look around for slin logs.

Rage Strength

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
You're afraid of diabetes and want to run slin at 10iu's per day for 12 weeks? Oh boy... Never used slin, but I know this is a terrible plan. Look around for slin logs.

Oops lol. Meant to say 4 weeks on 5 weeks off.

LeanHerm

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Yeah bro on slin you have to watch carbs. Slin without proper usage and research can be fatal. Be careful and know what the fuck you're doing.

DF

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Yea bro very dangerous to be messing with slin.

biggerben692000

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Yay. Med and long acting slin need a script. Hum r does not. This is for a reason. The amount of fast acting slin needed to kill yourself is much much greater than the average dose taken for the sugar.(My grandma used to call diabetes "The Sugar")
Lots of guys use the med and long acting slin also. Thats a little bit more involved.
Start with 4iu's and go from there.
It's been some yrs since i last used slin but I'd get up to 40iu's post workout with no issues. Simple carbs and then my big meal. No sweat.

PillarofBalance

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Yay. Med and long acting slin need a script. Hum r does not. This is for a reason. The amount of fast acting slin needed to kill yourself is much much greater than the average dose taken for the sugar.(My grandma used to call diabetes "The Sugar")
Lots of guys use the med and long acting slin also. Thats a little bit more involved.
It's been some yrs since i last used slin but I'd get up to 40iu's post workout with no issues. Simple carbs and then my big meal. No sweat.

Did you follow the 10g carbs per 1iu slin thing?

Rage Strength

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
H

Dang bro. 40iu! Did you make good gains? What about strength? Yeah, I'd probably consume dextrose post workout after inj

Times Roman

Reaction score
My personal philosophy is that unless you feel you want to compete, then avoid slin. the risks are high, complications can develop, and this is not something a "hobbyist" needs to consider. Plus there are long term health ramifications as well......

my .02

cranium85

Banned
Reaction score
i would say hell no to slin, i dont care how experienced you are or how anabolic it is. Even if u do it right, eat at the exact proper times, straight diet....what ever!

Why fuck with something so dangerous and risky to your health? There are so many oter alternatives like hgh, igf, AAS.

please bigben or someone else who has used it in the past...please explain to me why u used it? do u really think that the gains you got from using it couldnt be achived using AAS or peptides or HGH? i know it is the most anabolic out of everything...but do the benifits out way the risks that much?

i personally would never use it, but thats just me. to much worrying and time consuming just to keep your self alive while using it lol

please someone who has used......elaborate...

Times Roman

Reaction score
i would say hell no to slin, i dont care how experienced you are or how anabolic it is. Even if u do it right, eat at the exact proper times, straight diet....what ever!

Why fuck with something so dangerous and risky to your health? There are so many oter alternatives like hgh, igf, AAS.

please bigben or someone else who has used it in the past...please explain to me why u used it? do u really think that the gains you got from using it couldnt be achived using AAS or peptides or HGH? i know it is the most anabolic out of everything...but do the benifits out way the risks that much?

i personally would never use it, but thats just me. to much worrying and time consuming just to keep your self alive while using it lol

please someone who has used......elaborate...

the little bit i know about it are thus:
slin is very anabolic
it works along different pathways than aas, so it is a dynamic other aas cannot give you
those that know what the fuck they are doing, and are willing to accept the long term risks for short term benefits, say that slin is very much something that needs to be considered if you want to compete.

me? i'm just a hobbyist (means i will never compete) so I'm not willing to accept the risks associated with slin.

biggerben692000

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Did you follow the 10g carbs per 1iu slin thing?
Sounds familiar. I'm not recommending my ways to anyone. I went by feel and I also knew that I was consuming enough carbs to keep me safe.
Back in the 90s I weighed out my first dose of DNP and from there on out eyeballed my dose and put it in the middle of a melted starburst and threw it down the hatch.
Do I think the slin was worth it? Did I notice gains? I had a massive pump after the shot working out and eating like a pig.
The next time I run slin will be when I jump in the GH wagon.

H 3 L L S M A N

SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I will be trying it, 10iu timed for post workout meal, I will try to keep a log I will also be purchasing a glucose meter to be on the safe side to know where I am at if I feel different. My next cycle is pretty crazy the gains should be dramatic.

Fuck 40iu dam, I will not go into that level, be interesting to know the benefits of such a high dosage or where benefits to sides start to out weigh each other.

losieloos

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
If you do plan on using make sure you know the ins and outs of it

PFM

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Start with 1 iu. Have your carb meals all mapped, honey in your gym bag, car and lunchbox or anywhere you're going to go have either honey or glucose tabs from the pharmacy.

Be smart and climb this ladder slowly, going hypo is nothing nice. My slin experience was nothing but FUCKED. In hindsight I got bad info, I didn't start low enough, but even going lower and lower I still went hypo no matter what.

Exogenous insulin creates a sponge-like effect. Anything you eat in excess is going to store on your body. The diet while using slin is painfully precise or you're just getting fat.

If you're not going to compete in high level shows, it's not worth the health risks.

PFM says NO.

63Vette

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
My personal philosophy is that unless you feel you want to compete, then avoid slin. the risks are high, complications can develop, and this is not something a "hobbyist" needs to consider. Plus there are long term health ramifications as well......

my .02

This ^^^^^ And my opinion is HELL NO.

Respect,
Vette

Christosterone

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
As pfm pointed out, diet. Insulin is anabolic which basically means its a builder, adding exogenous insulin will force feed your muscles. So whatever you put in body...stays...too much carbs, gonna add fat on.

SAD

Reaction score

You got it all backwards Ben. Humulin-R IS a medium length of action insulin. And shorter acting slin (humalog) is not less dangerous. Yes, there are two less spikes with the log vs. lin, but it also hits MUCH harder. I personally consider log to be more dangerous because you can go from fine to fully hypo in less than a minute. Lin is more mild and diet must be more controlled because it lasts for 7 hours vs. 2.

I would like to add in my experiences with insulin here, but I'm tired as shit and typing all this on a phone.

New Threads