Pain above Knee From Injecting In quads?

Reaction score
so today I read on another forum a post from someone complaining that they get a pain a couple inches above there knee several hours after injecting in the quads.
Ive had a pain above my knee as well, but I thought it was just from going to heavy while working legs. I actually took last week off from legs becasue of it.
I dont know if mine is the same as what this person was complaining about, but now im curious.

So anyway, does this happen to anyone else and is there a reason why?

Bro Bundy

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
when I injected to low on my quad I had alot of pain around the knee and it got swollen.Took about 3 weeks to feel right again

pirovoliko

Reaction score
I also try and pin higher on the quad becuase more meaty so never pinned low and experienced knee problems. not sure why you would look to deliberately pin lower than higher...

PillarofBalance

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
You're pissing off the IT band. Foam roll the side of your quads.

Christosterone

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Depending on the side, it could be IT band as POB mentioned or any of the muscles that attach at the pes anserinus

Reaction score
when I inject quads its on the outter. Perhaps my technique isnt good.
I go about a hand and finger length from the hips down my leg.
I usually inject 3cc's. Perhaps to much for me? I usually have muscle pain about 36 hours later at the injection site. Just feels like I got a stiff muscle.

PillarofBalance

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
How big are your thighs? 3cc is prob ok. I pin 1/2 way from hip joint to knee.

mistah187

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Other forums? I know where u have been slumming! Lol

Reaction score
Other forums? I know where u have been slumming! Lol

well I didnt wanna advertise the place by saying its name lol.
I actually browse many places. I remember I did that a lot years ago when I was using. This is my first cycle in 13 years. So yeah, surfed all over reading. These BB boards dont seem as active though as they were in the late 90's guess not as many using or lifting these days.....and now im off topic lol

IHI

Elite
Reaction score
I've only ever pinned my quads for my trt the last going on 3yrs. Granted my quantity is much lower but I have always put a hand on my quad by my crotch and shoot somewhere just below where my hand stops. I found too I get less pin pain shooting more on the top of the quad vs the side, side can be a little sensative in places. But haven't experienced knee pain from pinning, just pain from being old and joints worn out. :)

DevilDoc87

Elite
Reaction score
Way back some 8 or so years ago I would as POB said, midway in quad, but I never had an issue.. also I used 22g and 20g .. :shrug:

Elivo

Elite
Reaction score
Huh...what exactly are you talking about

Never mind didn’t read the whole title

Last edited:

HollyWoodCole

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I got pain in my knee when I didn't push the pin in far enough into my quad....you could almost feel the oil making its way down your leg.

New Threads