Thanks

what was said to me at the gym today

ask i guy for a spot, then started to explain how i wanted it done, he raised his hand and said don't worry i know how to spot, and he did lol
    #2 a guy was telling me how awesome my bench was and i am kinda shinning it on telling him i am just a old lifter, i limp in get my sets and limp out, when out of the corner under the powerrack this pencilneck geek says, i am ols 2 and i don't just limp in and limp out i am as good as any of these young guys (he is squatting 175) i said that's great, what i was thinking bring your ass in here about 530 or 6 and see some of the big boys lift, then tell me how strong you think you are, as clint would say a mans gotta know his limitations.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,805 Times in 1,268 Posts

Re: what was said to me at the gym today

yea, love the guy who gives me bench advice whose pushing 135......

Fallen Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,726 Times in 3,233 Posts

good thing no one tries to give me advice!
    [SIZE=2][B][FONT=&amp][B]Peace Out..............Have a Beautiful Life........................See You On the Other-side!!!![/B][/FONT][/B][/SIZE]

Thanks

Originally Posted by Jenner View Post
    good thing no one tries to give me advice!
    the ass woopin would comense

Thanks

had this bloke come into the gym a few times at 24 assisted by a trainer. a pencil neck geeky ttype, wrist bands and all, but props to him for comiing to the gym, right? so i'm watching out the corner of my eye, and start laughing how animated he becomes. the more he exerts, the louder he becomes, and he's saying things like "how good the burn feels", and "i shoulda been doing this years ago", but the weight is really on the light side. he's saying it loud enough for almost the whole gym to hear, with their headphones ON! =)

Anyways, i take my dauughter to the movies recently, and sure enough, there's loud talking, pencil neck, wrist band gym dude taking my ticket. I can see he recognizes me, but he's not sure where from (I had a bulky overshirt on so he couldn't see my physique). He's about to ask, then does a rethink, and then just says, "how's it going bro?"

He stopped coming to the gym awhile ago. No sense in spoiling a perfectly good geeky physique, right? =)

Elite
    Thanks

skinny poeple....... am i right? just get out of the way

Thanks

175 is impressive if he can do 25 full, non-stop ass to the floor reps, but he can't so **** him!
    Thugs
    Don't
    Matter

Thanks

I was just at the gym with my girl. These 3 freshman, maybe sophomore kids come in. One kid, maybe 160 lbs on a good day, jumps on decline, IMMEDIETELY puts on 2 plates plus a 25 on each side. I see this and I'm like oh shit this is gonna be funny. So one kid spots him, they fight like hell trying to unrack the weight. They finally get it, his spotters gripping the shit out of the bar, he starts downward motion and moves a whole 2 inches, no bullshit, with his spotter helping him like crazy, then pushes up and racks the weight. Kid gets up and his buddies were congratulating him. My girl said "what the **** was that?" I said babe watch this, walk to the bench, throw on 3 plates, rep 10 out with my knees elevated, get up and they're all looking at me, I just chuckled and shook my head and walked away. ****ing kids. Gonna kill themselves and stay scrawny doing it to.

Thanks

Originally Posted by coltmc4545 View Post
    I was just at the gym with my girl. These 3 freshman, maybe sophomore kids come in. One kid, maybe 160 lbs on a good day, jumps on decline, IMMEDIETELY puts on 2 plates plus a 25 on each side. I see this and I'm like oh shit this is gonna be funny. So one kid spots him, they fight like hell trying to unrack the weight. They finally get it, his spotters gripping the shit out of the bar, he starts downward motion and moves a whole 2 inches, no bullshit, with his spotter helping him like crazy, then pushes up and racks the weight. Kid gets up and his buddies were congratulating him. My girl said "what the **** was that?" I said babe watch this, walk to the bench, throw on 3 plates, rep 10 out with my knees elevated, get up and they're all looking at me, I just chuckled and shook my head and walked away. ****ing kids. Gonna kill themselves and stay scrawny doing it to.
    the problem is their attitude . if a skinny or weak guy shows up humble and bust his ass i will bust my ass to help him but im too damn old to put up with a attitude. i may be over the hill buyt my hill was bigger than 99% of the people out there lol.

Thanks
    Thanked 18,098 Times in 7,789 Posts

Originally Posted by DADAWG View Post
    the problem is their attitude . if a skinny or weak guy shows up humble and bust his ass i will bust my ass to help him but im too damn old to put up with a attitude. i may be over the hill buyt my hill was bigger than 99% of the people out there lol.
    I'm right there with you. There are a lot of skinny kids at my gym. They generally are doing curls. Occassionally one will work up the nerve to ask me a question or two, or I'll see them doing something very dangerous and I'll help them out and teach them a thing or two of what little I know. Its the guys that look like shit, lift like shit but think they are God's gift to mankind that I wanna horse whip with a horse whip.

Thanks

Originally Posted by PillarofBalance View Post
    I'm right there with you. There are a lot of skinny kids at my gym. They generally are doing curls. Occassionally one will work up the nerve to ask me a question or two, or I'll see them doing something very dangerous and I'll help them out and teach them a thing or two of what little I know. Its the guys that look like shit, lift like shit but think they are God's gift to mankind that I wanna horse whip with a horse whip.
    yes. it is all about attitude. there's a talker down there, almost my age. runs his mouth all the fricking time. I've been going there now a year, and in all that time, i don't see where this bloke has made any gains. he's also a buttinsky, always wanting to work in with other people. He learned from me what the answer was early on, so he doesn't bother me. but I'm walking away from the smith doing incline bench, and im going to get a paper towel, and he yells out after me (not disrespectfully, much anyways) for me to rack my weights so the older people there don't have to struggle with it. I come back and tell him I will, but Im not friggin done using the weights yet, if that's ok with him?

Thanks

Originally Posted by PillarofBalance View Post
    at one time there were 8 of us working in at powerlifting together , we had 2 squat racks and 2 benches and 2 deadlift bars going each time and at one time the bottom boy had as much respect as anyone because NO ONE busted his ass harder trying to catch the next guy up than he did . a PR kicks ass and it doesnt matter if its a 750 pound squat or a 250 pound squat.

Thanks

Back to the wait till 530 when the big guys get here comment... how ****ing true is that. At 12pm I am the guy that people watch, but 530 I'm a chump. Maybe tren will change that? ;-)

Thanks

Originally Posted by ripped_one View Post
    Back to the wait till 530 when the big guys get here comment... how ****ing true is that. At 12pm I am the guy that people watch, but 530 I'm a chump. Maybe tren will change that? ;-)
    i am the big man at 2 come 6 not so much lol

Thanks

I was in the locker room today at my gym and I heard a guy say "We (him and his training partner) don't do back. We only do arms and chest."