what the sport was like when i was in my teens

g0re

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Man, Arnold was a beast back in the day.

DF

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I started watching the making of pumping iron the other day. I had never seen it before. It was cool getting the behind the scene info. Still have not finished watching but plan on it.

pirovoliko

Reaction score
Can you imagine the intensity in the gym on a typical day with that crew training there? OMG!!!!!

PFM

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
There was more comradeship in those days.

IWannaGetBig

SI Founding Member
Reaction score
There was more comradeship in those days.

No doubt PFM. Unfortunately today's younger generation lack social skills that you and I had to have in our day in order to communicate/interact. And I say had to because back in our day we knew better than to run our mouth otherwise you got a beat down. These kids nowadays run their mouth and what do they do in retaliation, they go to their car, pull out a TEC-9, and spray in the vicinity of the person. Now 4 people that were innocent bystanders are lying on the floor dead because a wannabe ran his mouth and couldn't take an ass wooping and learn his lesson.
Sorry, got off on a bit of a tangent there.
As I was saying, there are a couple bros at my gym that it goes without even saying/asking, when I need a spot, they're there, and vice versa. In my opinion, you just have to find a group of guys that are there to workout and not take up space.

And for the love of god, would you GET THE FUCK OUT OF THE SQUAT BOX WITH THOSE CURLS

PFM

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
No doubt PFM. Unfortunately today's younger generation lack social skills that you and I had to have in our day in order to communicate/interact. And I say had to because back in our day we knew better than to run our mouth otherwise you got a beat down. These kids nowadays run their mouth and what do they do in retaliation, they go to their car, pull out a TEC-9, and spray in the vicinity of the person. Now 4 people that were innocent bystanders are lying on the floor dead because a wannabe ran his mouth and couldn't take an ass wooping and learn his lesson.
Sorry, got off on a bit of a tangent there.
As I was saying, there are a couple bros at my gym that it goes without even saying/asking, when I need a spot, they're there, and vice versa. In my opinion, you just have to find a group of guys that are there to workout and not take up space.

And for the love of god, would you GET THE FUCK OUT OF THE SQUAT BOX WITH THOSE CURLS

Yes it's different now.

biggerben692000

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Serge Nubret made an appearance in PI. He was a beast as well. Now he's locked up for double murder. My ex has a place within walking distance of venice beach....i've never been.

New Threads