One Year later...Post HRT

Cashout

Reaction score
Guys I want to give you a quick “one year” update.

As most of you know I exited HRT on Dec 5th last year. I detailed my exit protocol and the reasons behind it in another thread both here and on another board.

Well, Dec 5th of 12’ has come and gone and I’ve got information to report. I had my blood drawn on Wednesday and got the results back this morning.

Everything looks great! Just a quick summary on the numbers:

Total Test: 902, estrogen: 22, LH & FSH both in the ‘High’ range on the scale for a 42 year old male.

Beyond the numbers, I feel great and have been able to remain vigorous and healthy throughout the past 12 months without any complications. Best news - not so much as a cold or sniffle!

Training has been outstanding and my conditioning is exactly where I want it to be.

I really haven’t noticed any decline or improvement in my strength but most of you know I don’t train for “strength” so I really have no true measure of that you guys could understand.

The big lesson that I learned from my time on HRT and now off really is:

Identify and eliminate the factors in your life that could contribute to the decline and/or suppression of your own HPTA. This was the big issue for me and the very one where I made my mistake.

There you have it - one year later and still on top of my game!

mistah187

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Congrats bro that is sweet!

DF

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Great to hear Cashout!

Four1Thr33

SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Fantastic brother that's some good numbers

SAD

Reaction score
What are you doing to get your natty test level so high? That's incredible and clearly shows that you've done your research and are doing the right things wisely. Any supps that you believe are contributing?

Really inspirational. Mad respect.

Cashout

Reaction score
No supps - my natural test levels have always been around 900. When I was 18 before I started cycling, I had them checked and that is where they were.

After my cycles and PCT, they would re-establish right around the high 800s - low 900s.

I've had blood work done 3 times a year even after I stopped cycling and competing at age 23 and my natural level was right around 900 every time - it was right there from 23 to the time I turned 36. Then they started dropping because of the stress related issues I mentioned.

Since I've come off HRT and gone through the protocol, I've been able to keep them back up around 900 without any supplementation at all. Again, the big thing is that I've cleared out the stress factors that were wearing me out.

ccpro

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
That was a quick year!!! So, your reversed your hypo? or you never needed trt?

Cashout

Reaction score
That was a quick year!!! So, your reversed your hypo? or you never needed trt?

In hindsight, likely never needed to be on HRT, just need to address some of the conditions that cause the downward 3 year spiral in my own natural T level. A "restart" and eliminating the stress factors likely would have been most appropriate.

As I mentioned, as guys we just don't recognize the factors when we are knee deep in them every day. I can see my mistakes so clearly now and I look back and say "well, duh!" but at the time it is hard to get perspective.

The other thing that really played in my favor is having a family full of physicians. I have always had that resource as a support system and that enable me to network to the right MDs with enough insight to help me treat the causes as opposed to treating only the symptoms.

LeanHerm

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Thats great cash and thanks for sharing. It's amazing after all these years you returned so closevtovwhere it was at 18. That's insane brother.

j2048b

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Awesome to hear cashout! Man i might give that restart a try to see how i respond!

ccpro

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Cash, I'll make another thread for this but I've suspected other varables for low t as well. For instance, the effect of painkillers on the thyroid and diminshed test. The truth is I was researching suboxone and low test. when I found ology and many helpful bros. which eventually brought me here!

Cashout

Reaction score
Cash, I'll make another thread for this but I've suspected other varables for low t as well. For instance, the effect of painkillers on the thyroid and diminshed test. The truth is I was researching suboxone and low test. when I found ology and many helpful bros. which eventually brought me here!

There are a whole host of things that can affect one's HPTA.

The obvious ones are drugs, poor diet, lack of exercise, drinking ect.

For me, I've never done any of those things so it was a little harder for me to say "hey, I'm causing this problem by doing...."

I was ready to just accept the fact that I was getting older but that was not it at all.

Since I've spent a lot of time analyzing the past 6 years of my life, it is obvious to me now.

ken Sass

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
don't take this wrong cash but you are a freak of nature. natty test at 900 shhhh

ccpro

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
don't take this wrong cash but you are a freak of nature. natty test at 900 shhhh

wish I was...well I am but not that way!!!

BigFella

SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Really, really good, Cash. And I'm not one bit surprised. You're an inspiration to us all.

If everyone was like you there wouldn't be many families of physicians. They'd have nothing to do.

Cashout

Reaction score
Okay, just to wrap this 'one year later' update. Got the full physical data and Dexa scan this morning along with a pic from yesterday's workout.

Dexa Body Fat = 5.3%
Resting Pulse = 52 bpm
BP = 126/68
Body Weight = 181.2 lbs
VO2 Uptake Max = 74 ml/kg/min

12_12_12_2.jpg

juuced

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
wow ! Im very impressed. yes you most definately are an inpsiration to us all.

I hope you hang around our group for a long time to come.

Cashout

Reaction score
You know I appreciate it.

That said, I'll write this and I want everyone to know that I sincerely mean it.

Contrary to popular belief, I am not "gifted" or "blessed" with genetics or a super metabolism or any thing like that.

I have always been very average with respect to my capabilities in every regard - physically, intellectually, whatever.

I just learned a long time ago that the difference for me was going to be the "will" to stay the course when others would not do so.

I write this to say that any of you guys out there can make the changes in your respective lives to build the type of physique you aspirate to have. It is 100% a choice and it is yours to make every day.

Every day it is about making the right choice - at breakfast, in the gym, at a party, during the holidays. No matter what it all boils doing to making each choice one at a time and doing it the right way. One choice at a time.

So many times we get focused on where we want to get to or what "level" we are trying to reach that we lose sight of the details of making the right choices each and every day even in the most minuscule ways.

That is the key to success in anything you do and this is no different.

Start today. Make every choice matter. Treat each one like it is the most important choice - it is the one you have to make at that moment so it is the most important at that time. Right choice - every time one at a time!

juuced

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
AMEN ! speaking of choices. Its the holiday season and we have so many parties and get togethers with so many temptations.

I find the next month to be hell for me to resist all those evils. To top it all off I have a doc appointment for weigh in and body fat test in mid Jan. so I was looking to break my records by then. Its going to be hard but I will think of Cashout when those choices pop up!

New Threads