joint pain..

jyoung8j

Elite
Reaction score
What do you guys use for joint pain.. besides Decca..lol I'm on test npp and the usual elbows and shit r real achy.. feel fine once warmed up lifting.. thx

Jada

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
My friend used animal flex it made by the company that makes animal pak, he said it was working real good. I think if I'm not mistaken it's a little pricey but if u have a vitamin shopee they always have natural products that u can give a try at less price. Good job on warming up before lifting since u notices that once u warm up no joint pain.

BigFella

SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I posted on this a short while ago: fish oil, lots of it. Because I'm so fucking old I'm an expert on joint pain, and it works brilliantly and real fast on me. Muscle pain too.

DF

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I take fish oil as well & of course Gh.

jyoung8j

Elite
Reaction score
Yea I always do more warm ups when cycling cuz of achyness.. I take fish oil now.. I'll look into the animal product.. any others? Thx

R1rider

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Im suffering from some joint pain atm. Just did a 20 week cycle of deca/test

its been about 5 weeks off now. Im running animal flex and 2 grams fish oil. it seems to help

grind4it

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I've tried everything. For me the only thing that I can say with a straight face that actually worked for me is fish oil. 2, 1200-1400 mg at wakeing and 2, 1200-1400 before bed. At points I have doubled this (2X4 a day vs 2X2 a day) with slight inmrpovment over the 2X2 a day.

The key for me is getting the right fish oil. I am currently running the Simply Right 1400mg from SAMs Club. What you need to find is fish oil with a ratio of 2:1 of EPA and DHA.

The SAMs club comes in at:
EPA (eicosapentaenoic acid) 647mg
DHA (docosahexaenoic acid) 253mg

It takes about 2-3 weeks before you feel it.

Two other tips: don't bang your joints and don't lockout.

BigFella

SI Founding Member
Reaction score
To be specific re my fish oil dose: 2 grams, twice daily. That's 14 capsules a day.

Times Roman

Reaction score
I've been preaching the benefits of MSM for years. A very simple sulphuric compound first given to retired race horces out to pasture. Big improvements to their gait and overall demeanor were noted. Soon after, people began experimenting on themselves. Similar improvements were noted, in that joint pain was diminished. For me, I began over 15 years ago. I experienced two types of joint pain in my knees, the constant dull throbbing and the sharp pain experienced when getting up off the floor and putting a load on the joint. I began taking 5 grams of MSM daily. Within a month, it occurred to me that 90% or so of the constant dull throbbing was gone, and 70% of the sharp pain was gone as well. As time went on, even those numbers improved.

MSM is very inexpensive, in that you can find 5lbs for $35 on the net. This is a couple years supply, and the daily dose is only pennies.

Here is from Wiki, but you can find an incredible amount of data out there yourself if you google it:

Osteoarthritis

A review by S. Brien, P. Prescott, N. Bashir, H. Lewith and G. Lewith of the two small randomized controlled trials of methylsulfonylmethane in osteoarthritis knee pain relief[12][13] "reported significant improvement in pain outcomes in the treatment group compared to comparator treatments; however, methodological issues and concerns over optimal dosage and treatment period were highlighted."[14]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Methylsulfonylmethane

MSM works on two fronts. It helps improve collegen synthesis (help regrow new cartiledge), and it reduces the pain associated with osterioarthritas.

common sides with taking MSM is increased fingernail growth. It seems I'm clipping my nails ALL the time!

If MSM is not a part of your rehab and general maintenance arsenal, you really should consider adding it!

BigFella

SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Times Roman, I'm going to try MSM. Thanks.

Christosterone

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Glucosamine, although new studies have shown its produces mediocre effects

Popeye

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Glucosamine, although new studies have shown its produces mediocre effects

Glucosamine HCL does squat (as in zero for joint releif) without Chondroiton Sulfate combined with it.

I use the Glu/Chon combo with MSM and Hyaluronic Acid. As well as fish oil.

My joints feel better than they do if I do not use these. Nothing spectacular.

Bro Bundy

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
eat a boat load of fish oil get the 900mg ones.6-10 g a day I feel no pain

Times Roman

Reaction score
Glucosamine HCL does squat (as in zero for joint releif) without Chondroiton Sulfate combined with it.

I use the Glu/Chon combo with MSM and Hyaluronic Acid. As well as fish oil.

My joints feel better than they do if I do not use these. Nothing spectacular.

I started with oral HA powder over in afghanistan. it's fairly expensive, as 100grams = $135. I did not notice much of an improvement overall, so I just went back to the MSM and stayed with it.

MSM is so inexpensive it's not even funny.

Two years ago, i started with the knee injections. Referred to as a lube job for the knee. It is the injectible version of HA, and is injected deep into the knee, direct into the bursa. If you experience chronic knee pain, this is another option. the injection is supposed to be given annually, but it lasts only 9 or 10 months for me.