Thanks

Barbell concentration curls

For those that have been around the block a few times, this exercise is probably something you may already utilize when training Bi's. For those who don't, this is a great exercise for a great peak contraction. Take an incline bench and turn it around so it's facing away from the mirror. Set the incline at a 45 degree angle and support your chest at the top of the bench (where your head usually rests). Your head,neck and shoulders will be hanging off the end. Take a light barbell (20-30lbs) and grip palms up and a little narrower than shoulder width. Relax your grip with arms hanging straight down. Keep wrists straight or slightly bent back and curl as far as possible, hold a sec then slowly lower and repeat. Go Light! I like to do them at the end or will sometimes giant set them with barbell curls. Give them a shot and see what you think.
    For those who were able to read my infamous thread from last nite, I humbly apologize. It was not intended to be a smartassy(is that a word) or jerkish post. I have a strange sense of humour some times and honestly didn't think it would piss someone off.
    On a lighter note, I went to the store on the way home from the gym and bought some vitamins and laundry soap. I get the receipt and the total was 6.66! So, it's 12/12/12 today and I'm going straight to hell,hell,hell!!!

Thanks

Barbell concentration curls

Great read man. Im going to try this on friday when i do arms. So why do you use a straight bar over an ez bar.

Thanks

Re: Barbell concentration curls

Incorporate some 21's into your routine and you won't be able to lift your arms!

Elite
    Thanks

Just make sure you dont get distracted

Thanks

I've done them with straight bar and EZ bar. I prefer the straight bar because it's easier to keep my wrists the way I want them. Just use the bar that feels the best contraction. Not a mass builder so keep it light and stare at the biceps as they are working. This goes for all exercises as far as I'm concerned. Using the mirrors to dial in on the targeted muscle group is what they were originally placed in gyms for. Misconception among non BB's is that BB's are so completely vain as to be "empty vessels" reguarding any type rational thought or activity that does not include having something to do with "showing off" their muscles. In truth, the use of mirrors are one of the most vital tools in your arsenal for achieving a trance like state in which you have succesfully filtered out all other distractions(people on cell phones, people who are loud and sloppy) and my favorite, people who are on cell phones that are loud and sloppy and sitting on a bench that I need to use!