Thanks
    Thanked 1,795 Times in 1,266 Posts

working out while sick

well this year for some reason its been hell. i got a flu shot at work, i have not clue why....

right after i was sick, than this guy at work, who im around all day was sick as hell. the last 6-7wks at the gym have been spotty at best. Its killing me. typically i have no strength or reduced strength but saturday i went and hit things hard. Chest/back and than 30min of cardio. i was dying, but today i feel much better, had a great workout today.

Still cant figure out how or why this happened. Any of you guys sick on/off this season?? If your sick do you still workout?? how hard do you push things??

ive been a 2iu or so 5 on 2 off, but that never helped with being sick in the last 8wks.....until today/yesterday......

Thanks
    Thanked 8,113 Times in 4,363 Posts

Re: working out while sick

If im not on cycle I wont lift if im sick..On im gonna try to push through

Thanks
    Thanked 1,795 Times in 1,266 Posts

ok, if your on, you still do regular workouts?? still do your workout but take it easy on weight/reps...??

Thanks
    Thanked 8,113 Times in 4,363 Posts

I just try to listen to my body If I can put in some work Im gonna do it..But if u feel really nasty **** it stay home try to get better

Thanks

I haven't been legitimately "sick" in 10+ years. Maybe what I call "sick" is different than most.... but I think I have a strong immune system. I eat things off the ground, don't worry about being dirty or having "germs" on my hands. I feel it helps strengthen my system.

Anyways... Maybe 10-11 yrs ago i had a decent little cold going on. In the past, off cycle, i would only do cardio if I was sick as I heard it was better and helped sweat it out of your system. I was on the last day of my cold and it was almost completely gone. It was a weekend and the guy who managed the local public rec facilities invited me and a bro to come in for some lifting so we would have the place to ourselves. We were doing legs and I had honestly planned to not lift but just hang out with the guys and help spot. Well... it didn't work out... I ended up breaking 2 or 3 records that day so I was in for a full workout.

The next day i woke up and couldn't move or barely breathe. I clearly weakened my immune system by breaking down my muscles so much and the cold came back and took over my body. It stayed with me for a good week after that. On top of it I was sore as a mofo from the lifting lol.

Since then i listen carefully to my body if I am feeling "off" or like my system is weakened... luckily I haven't really been sick since then.

Thanks

If you are sick, please do not come to the gym and get me sick too.

Thanks!
    ---Roman

Thanks

When I was sick this yr with the flu I went to the gym and I had the only fever . I sweated like crazy and felt better the next day. I didn't change the way I lifted but if it's to a point where u feel like shit then it's better to stay home if ur mental focus is not on point and avoid injury
    Eating ass is anabolic. .. Stick your tongue in and hold it there for 20 seconds! Wise words from
    TRODIZZLE

Thanks
    Thanked 2,410 Times in 1,185 Posts

I agree with times. Don't come and get me sick. If I'm sick I stay the hell home cause one I'm not an ass, and two I usually don't get a good workout any way. So gym stay home and watch teen mom. I know that's your fav show. Lol

Georgia

If it's anything above the neck (headache, cough, runny nose, etc.) go to the gym. Anything below (stomach problems leading to vomiting, chills, etc.) Stay home.

Vagina.