Good place to order protein

Hollywood72

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Where are your favorite places to order protein, unflavored whey?

coltmc4545

SI Founding Member
Reaction score
proteinfactory.com or tfsupplements

gymrat827

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
TF supp or nutraplanet. nutra has their own bulk line, cheap + effective.....

AlphaD

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
TF supp or nutraplanet. nutra has their own bulk line, cheap + effective.....

^^^^^^^ Same with me......... I use nutra to order bulk L-citrulline, and Beta alanine too. Always happy.

Christosterone

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Truenutrition.com, you can custom build your protein and add supps to it also...

SFGiants

Elite
Reaction score
Cow's, Chicken's, Pig's and all other sources!

PFM

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Cow's, Chicken's, Pig's and all other sources!

Meat as unprocessed and not over cooked is always the best source. Man-made proteins (powders) have their place, but shouldn't replace fresh cooked unprocessed meats on a regular basis.

Christosterone

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
True nutrition has the beef protein in powder form or liquid form, broken down, it smells like rotten death, but it is the proper AA ratio for muscles

gymrat827

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Meat as unprocessed and not over cooked is always the best source. Man-made proteins (powders) have their place, but shouldn't replace fresh cooked unprocessed meats on a regular basis.

when i do drink a shake i use milk most and add 2-4oz of liquid egg white to make sure im getting lots of pro from food sources too. Whey is useful, but still a MFG-ed pro.

AlphaD

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Shoot I eat 4 meals a day and throw in a shake in the morning when I wake up, and usually one immediately after workout. I don't think the argument is on whether or not Real Protein sources are better.....just asking where is cheap to buy!

metsfan4life

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I use supplementwarehouse.com Used to use TFsupplements but going to supplementwarehouse, they will match any price you find (even online places) and beat it by 5% no matter what. Just have to put in the site you found it on and their price and it will calc for you. And you can get bunch of small freebies with each order. Just make sure you order a good amount at 1 time because its 16$ for shipping. I normally will buy 3mo worth of stuff and just stock up

NbleSavage

Veteran
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I use supplementwarehouse.com Used to use TFsupplements but going to supplementwarehouse, they will match any price you find (even online places) and beat it by 5% no matter what. Just have to put in the site you found it on and their price and it will calc for you. And you can get bunch of small freebies with each order. Just make sure you order a good amount at 1 time because its 16$ for shipping. I normally will buy 3mo worth of stuff and just stock up

Going to give them a try. Been buying from BB.com since I've been in the states and while they have a good selection & super fast shipping, their prices are a touch high. Cheers for the suggestion!

LeanHerm

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Supplementcentral is pretty good

metsfan4life

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Going to give them a try. Been buying from BB.com since I've been in the states and while they have a good selection & super fast shipping, their prices are a touch high. Cheers for the suggestion!

Go for it man! You will have no issues with them. I highly recommend this place because after all, if you find a cheaper price ANYWHERE else, they will match it. So they are my go to place since they will always be the cheapest. I even had them match someone's blowout sell price on items before. Order as much as you want and its like 16-18shipping and it normally arrives in 4-5 days. Check out the freebie section and the accessories section. Got straps for like 1$, I bought a bunch and left them at our gym for people.

Rip

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
how many grams of protein are you getting at each of those 4 meals?
Chances are, it's around 20-30 grams.
4 meals x 30 grams is only 120 grams per day. That's enough protein for a 120lb athlete who's not on steroids. Even a natural bodybuilder should get about 1 gram of protein per pound of bodyweight per day.
The protein I buy is the cheapest I found that is made whit whey isolate. It's by Optimum Nutrition and it says 100% Gold Standard on the Label. I get it at Vitamin Shoppe for 24.95.
It has 24 grams of protein per scoop so if I take either 1.5 to 2 scoops a few times per day, plus food meals, I'm doing good.
Some of the top pro bodybuilders are probably taking between 2-3 grams of protein per pound. You would have to supplement to achieve those numbers.

Shoot I eat 4 meals a day and throw in a shake in the morning when I wake up, and usually one immediately after workout. I don't think the argument is on whether or not Real Protein sources are better.....just asking where is cheap to buy!

Rip

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
if you have a shake in the morning, make sure you get a good dose of complex carbs too.
A bowl of oatmeal (or add it to the protein powder in the blender).
Cereal, Toast, etc.
The shake after a workout should include simple carbs withing the first half hour window post workout.

how many grams of protein are you getting at each of those 4 meals?
Chances are, it's around 20-30 grams.
4 meals x 30 grams is only 120 grams per day. That's enough protein for a 120lb athlete who's not on steroids. Even a natural bodybuilder should get about 1 gram of protein per pound of bodyweight per day.
The protein I buy is the cheapest I found that is made whit whey isolate. It's by Optimum Nutrition and it says 100% Gold Standard on the Label. I get it at Vitamin Shoppe for 24.95.
It has 24 grams of protein per scoop so if I take either 1.5 to 2 scoops a few times per day, plus food meals, I'm doing good.
Some of the top pro bodybuilders are probably taking between 2-3 grams of protein per pound. You would have to supplement to achieve those numbers.

New Threads