59 eGFR, kidney disease?

Reaction score
Hello,

I’ve been doing bloods consistently to moniture my kidneys as the eGFR has been decreasing from 90 to 59 in a 2 year frame which is extremely concerning for me as I’m under 30 years old.

Some information about me:
105kg/230lb
15%bf
6 workouts a week, cardio 1h daily, caloric deficit for 3 months now
Cycle: 150mg Test E/week with 400mg Primo E/Week started 1 month ago
Extremely clean diet, organic food, no processed food and minimal sugar intake. Protein intake is 250g daily.

I’ve tried 8g of astragalus daily, with pycnogenol and grape seed extract, did not do anything to increase my eGFR. Water intake is minimum 6L/day of filtered water.

Estrogen, prolactin and progesterone is in range aswell through another lab. You can see my recent bloods down below, a few markers out of range, any advice is more than welcome! If there is any information I can provide just let me know. ”Järn” on the blood test is translated to ”Iron”.

IMG_1201.jpg

CJ

Mod Squad
Reaction score
Try taking a full week off from training so your creatinine level comes down, then test your eGFR again. And be well hydrated.

The eGFR is just a formula and your creatinine level is a major component of it, and yours is elevated, which is completely normal from hard weight training.

Reaction score
Try taking a full week off from training so your creatinine level comes down, then test your eGFR again. And be well hydrated.

The eGFR is just a formula and your creatinine level is a major component of it, and yours is elevated, which is completely normal from hard weight training.

Would be difficult to be off for 7 full days as it is my way of therapy. Would very light workouts be okay as the muscle breakdown is lower? If not, I’ll just be off for 7 days.

Side note: I do not consume creatine and BP is around 125/80. I did take the bloods after one rest day.

Reaction score
Update:

Just took 6 days off workoing out, high amounts of water, quit all supplements and lowered protein to 180g from 250. Did another kidney panel and eGFR is still at 59, exacly the same as it was one week ago.

Either my body needs more time to show results or the underlying issue is something else. I just saw that my 2020 bloods had 79 eGFR, but in 2017 it was around 70. So something is definetely lowering it.

buck

Reaction score
I would look into what is causing it. May be time for a Dr. visit.

lfod14

Reaction score
Would be difficult to be off for 7 full days as it is my way of therapy. Would very light workouts be okay as the muscle breakdown is lower? If not, I’ll just be off for 7 days.

Side note: I do not consume creatine and BP is around 125/80. I did take the bloods after one rest day.
Creatinine is a byproduct of the muscle damage, supplemental Creatine doesn't (usually) change that number much. Almost anybody lifting (actually lifting) will have high creatinine, and therefor and artificially low eGFR. Doesn't mean anything.

There are better ways to test kidney function, but they cost more, so just like useless calculated "standard" lipid panels, they're still used a lot.

Reaction score
Creatinine is a byproduct of the muscle damage, supplemental Creatine doesn't (usually) change that number much. Almost anybody lifting (actually lifting) will have high creatinine, and therefor and artificially low eGFR. Doesn't mean anything.

There are better ways to test kidney function, but they cost more, so just like useless calculated "standard" lipid panels, they're still used a lot.

I’ve heard this before. What testing for kidneys do you recommend?

BRICKS

Veteran
Reaction score

There are better ways to test kidney function, but they cost more, so just like useless calculated "standard" lipid panels, they're still used a

Supplemental creatine can affect creatinine and therefore GFR.

There are other things as well that can falsely skew your GFR. Training, certain meds....I personally experienced this. Suddenly my GFR registered <59 on my labs. I know I didn't have kidney issues. Did some thinking about what I changed since last labs, had started on HCTZ about 4 months earlier. Did some research, sure as shit that's what it was. The question I would have would be what does the rest of your basic metabolic panel look like?

Reaction score
Supplemental creatine can affect creatinine and therefore GFR.

There are other things as well that can falsely skew your GFR. Training, certain meds....I personally experienced this. Suddenly my GFR registered

The only meds I’m on are T3 and T4. I’ve posted my full blood panel on the first post, or are you talking about other markers?

BRICKS

Veteran
Reaction score
The only meds I’m on are T3 and T4. I’ve posted my full blood panel on the first post, or are you talking about other markers?
Sorry bro, somehow overlooked that. like CJ said, more hydration and I'd recheck before i started to get too concerned.

New Threads