Cain or JDS- Who You Got?

BigGameHunter

Veteran
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I cant call this one. Im a fan of Cain but think he may be in trouble if he cant score a take down. Thoughts.

SAD

Reaction score
Damnit, I freaking love Junior, but I don't think he'll repeat his last performance. Unfortunately, I think Cain will win via TKO in one of the early rounds, due to ground strikes after a takedown. It's not that I don't like Cain, because I root for him against all of his opponents except Junior, but for some reason I just really like Junior and his attitude.

I hope I'm wrong.

g0re

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
When's this fight going down?

Bro Bundy

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
cain looked great against big foot silva..Gonna be a nice fight

BigGameHunter

Veteran
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Damnit, I freaking love Junior, but I don't think he'll repeat his last performance. Unfortunately, I think Cain will win via TKO in one of the early rounds, due to ground strikes after a takedown. It's not that I don't like Cain, because I root for him against all of his opponents except Junior, but for some reason I just really like Junior and his attitude.

I hope I'm wrong.

I was hoping youd chime in. Suprised your a JDS guy. Man I remember when Shamrock and Frye fought I kind of felt the same way. I liked both of them and could only watch.

DADAWG

SI Founding Member
Reaction score
i think juniors cool head will win out over cains rage . JDS is the real deal.

Yaya

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I hope cain scores the takedown and pounds juniors skull, however prob wont happen

Bro Bundy

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
cain should go down to 205 hes not that big of a heavy weight at all.

69nites

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I've said since the first time I saw JDS fight that he would become a dominant champion.

I say JDS rapes Cain 9 times out of 10.

NbleSavage

Veteran
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I've got JDS with a 2nd round TKO. Thoughts...

* Junior has been taken down 1x in his entire UFC career. Even then, he was back in his feet in less than 20 seconds. Cain may have slightly better wrestling but Junior's "wrestling in reverse" (classic Chuck Liddell style) will neutralize any attempts by Cain to get the fight to the ground.

* That leaves a standing war of attrition, IMO. Cain has good handspeed, possibly even quicker than JDS. His boxing is also more polished than JDS. Lastly, Cain mixes up his strikes with combinations of kicks and punches while JDS is largely a boxer. Problem is, JDS has a granite chin and insane power in his hands. He literally needs just one punch to determine the outcome of a fight (can't say the same for Cain). In their last match, I believe JDS got into Cain's head with the dominance he exerted and I don't see anything overtly different from Cain this time around to lead me to think the outcome will be any different.

JDS by TKO, Rd. 2

And props to BigGameHunter for the thread! I was meaning to post one up on this exact topic.

Can't wait for this card...

heavydeads83

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score

cain weighed in 240 and junior weighed in 239 my brother. he's not that small he's just kinda short. doesn't matter. cain - winner by ground and pound like he should have done the first time. i still love junior though....

Azog

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score

I have to agree. I don't see why he wouldn't exercise every advantage he could. Being the biggest dude at 205 is a lot better than the smallest at HW...I would think anyways.

This same thing always blew my mind about Fedor, he was a really soft 220-230. Prolly could have made 185.

69nites

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I have to agree. I don't see why he wouldn't exercise every advantage he could. Being the biggest dude at 205 is a lot better than the smallest at HW...I would think anyways.

This same thing always blew my mind about Fedor, he was a really soft 220-230. Prolly could have made 185.
Fedor was around when the hw division was mostly lhw that didn't want to cut.

Height dictates weight class IMO.

heavydeads83

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score

yeah but at the same time cain has beat the fucking dog shit out of everyone he has fought in the HW division aside from junior. why cut weight and weaken himself when he's beatin the fuckin face off people 30 lbs heavier than him. his fight with bigfoot is a prime example.

heavydeads83

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
JDS isn't a big heavyweight either. he weighed in a pound lighter than cain today. that fucker is skinny. overeem is a big heavyweight.

SAD

Reaction score
Overeem started his career at 205 (and lost to chuck liddell by knockout in Pride), so he's actually a natural light heavyweight if it weren't for the gear and powerlifting.

NobleSavage, no way in hell is cain's boxing better than Junior's.

And to those that think either guy belongs at 205, I completely disagree. Cain has a head that weighs 30 pounds and he's just built think (in the joints and waist especially). JDS has abs showing and weighed 239. You really think he could cut 33 pounds off an already lean frame??

@Biggamehunter - just because I have cauliflower ear doesn't mean I always root for the wrestler, :)) .

SAD

Reaction score
*Cain is built *thick* not fucking "think", Goddamn autocorrect and lack of an edit button!

heavydeads83

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I agree SAD. look what happened to brandon vera. he was a small heavyweight but moving to light heavyweight didn't work out for him at all IMO. a 240 lb heavyweight like cain velasquez that has only lost one fight in the heavyweight division after being injured and not fighting for a year has no business cutting 35 pounds to fight at 205.

heavydeads83

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
and i know overeem started his career at 205. but now he's in the 250's so that doesn't matter. steroids and horse meat are obviously the answer lol. i think shane carwin used gear to get to where he's at too.

New Threads