Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,368 Times in 2,155 Posts

40 yr old just found the lifestyle

Does anyone remember the first bowflex add on tv? The guy said "I am 40 years old and in the best shape of my life" I was 18 at the time and always figured I had plenty of time. Skip ahead 19 years and I was 60# over weight and could not do 10 pushups.
    I started on a workout out I got from a late night add and a clean diet, and 2 years later I was down to 185. The diet helped me loose the weight and the workout helped me get stronger and more confident.
    About a year and a half ago I started with the iron, I dont have time to go to a gym so I bought a bench and a squat rack, trap bar and a safty squat bar for my basement my goal at that time was to bench 315 and squat 425. I read some where that if you want to call yourself a fit guy you should be able to bench 1 and a half times your body weight and squat 2 and a quarter. At the time I was around 190#
    I found 5/3/1 and i was on my way to getting stronger. One of the other driving forces behind me is that I have 2 daughters 9 and 7 and I just want to look like I can wipe the floor with the first guys that come sniffing around.
    Last fall I started working with a guy that has been using gear for 17 years, so since i already have all the kids i will ever have and love to get stronger, I left him talk me into trying some hgh. I WAS green on the subject and paid for 300 bucks for 3 kits of kigs. I used up one before i started looking on the internet and well you know what I found.
    Any way I have since discovered rips and LOVE them. I also have gotten over my fear of needles so last week I started 250 of test E and some anavar for a few weeks.
    I looked around and found a few boards I did alot of reading and i went to one other one first, then I found SI and afer reading I have discoverd that I like this one the best.
    You guys seam to give good advice and in a more frendly manor, I have also concluded that this is not someones personal sales sight and my hats off to you guys here. I hope you dont get frustrated with me and some of my questions but like i said I dont go to a gym and I didnt have very good luck with the "buddie" I did find at work so all the stuff I do know comes from google.
    I still have the same strenght goals, I cant really go for 1rm so i use reps instead, I have never had the gut to try the 315 with just my little wife for a spot, but I have worked up to a set of 225x11 so I think I am getting close.
    I am always trying to learn about getting stronger so any advise would be great.
    Thanks for taking the time to read about me!!!!

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tren4Life For This Useful Post:

ComeBacKid85 (10-28-2019),HollyWoodCole (10-14-2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 8,360 Times in 4,481 Posts

Re: 40 yr old just found the lifestyle

welcome to SI bro!

Thanks

Welcome to SI...keep up the good work....

Thanks

Welcome to SI

Thanks
    Thanked 3,361 Times in 1,803 Posts

Welcome to SI Brother. Any questions & feel free to ask.

Thanks
    Thanked 18,098 Times in 7,789 Posts

Welcome to Steroid Insight

Thanks

What's up S4...glad you found you're way here.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,271 Times in 1,933 Posts

Whats up bother, glad to have you here....

Thanks
    Thanked 9,983 Times in 4,972 Posts

Welcome, Mate! Lots of us 40-somethings about here. Feel free to ask any questions you might have!

Thanks

I still have the first bow flex lol...welcome
    All posts are for entertainment purposes only

Thanks
    Thanked 1,805 Times in 1,268 Posts

welcome to our community. We look out for one another here

Thanks
    Thanked 3,819 Times in 1,598 Posts

Welcome to SI. When I was younger my dad had a BOWFLEX. It became the most expensive clothes hanger I ever saw!

Thanks

Welcome to SI bro.

Not sure if i read this incorrectly but if you're only doing 250mg of test/wk i'd recommend you bump up the test to 250 twice a week Mon/Thurs. You should be doing 500mg/wk.

Good luck on the journey!

Thanks

Welcome to SI.
    Thugs
    Don't
    Matter

Georgia

Loved reading this! Got me pumped for the gym today! Welcome brother great to have you!!

Thanks

Welcome to SI S4L,

Let me make a few suggestions:
    1 Get some bloodwork done. I realize you said that you are already on gear, but you should always have some sort of a baseline so you know where your norms should be. Go here https://www.privatemdlabs.com/secure_login.php and order
    Female hormone panel and the Human Growth Hormone...(relax, at checkout you click that you are a "male" and it will give you the values for a male, you just pay less for this test. And as far as the growth...you may be "feeling" the Test, this way you know if your GH is legit. TRUST me, spend $50 to save yourself $100's)
    enter this code at checkout as5egrs6 it will save you %15
    2. I didn't see you mention anything about your current Test levels or if you're on TRT, therefore you'll need to cycle. You'll need PCT ancillaries and those can be found through sponsors on this site.
    3. You'll need on hand an AI to control Estrogen (E2), as well as if any gyno symptoms arise, also available through site sponsors.

Post up any questions as there are many knowledgeable people here.

Best of luck to you!

Thanks
    Thanked 2,410 Times in 1,185 Posts

Welcome to si my fellow steeler.

Thanks
    Thanked 4,368 Times in 2,155 Posts

I forgot to metion that I did have my test numbers last summer. I did some reading on trt and had mine checked. It was 255 nl. My doctor said it had to be below 250 to get trt. I was having problems with sex drive at the time so that was one of my complaints. I figured that I would start low with the test for the first few shots till I get used to the needle and get more experience with the injections. I tried subQ and that is not going to work for me I still have a lump from last week. I did my thigh this week with just 125mg (half a cc ) no pain at first but later it got allitle sore. I figured I was so excited that it did not hurt when the needle went in that I injected too fast.
    I am going to use the cycle idea and I have some nolva on hand, I take 20mg eod just to be safe. I probably need to get some clomid for a pct.
    I will probably go up to 500mg wk after a few weeks but I read a good book on gear once and it said that you can always go up so go slow.
    I am really not in a rush I just really enjoy geting stronger and my wife is enjoying the sex twice a day. She has to get some thing out of it or it is hard to get to money from her. HAHAH
    Thanks so much for the replies, its nice to have a place to ask questions and get reliable answers. My buddie is a good guy and he knows alot about the gear I just dont trust his judgement.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,869 Times in 950 Posts

Welcome to the SI brotherhood.

I'd agree with the go slower method. You can make incredible gains from 200mg's of test per week, consistent training, and clean diet. That's exactly what I did for the past year. When you are coming from a low "T" position you'll be amazed at how different you look and feel by getting and maintaining your test level over 700.

You can contact any number of HTR clinics and easily get test prescribed with T of 255. It's a bit more costly but you get pharmacy grade plus supervision of someone who understands the issues of the over 40 low T sufferer.

Thanks

Welcome to SI
    Eating ass is anabolic. .. Stick your tongue in and hold it there for 20 seconds! Wise words from
    TRODIZZLE

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast