Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Costco

Thanks

Costco

I don't know what I would do without Costco. With the amount of food I eat its a life saver. Big bags of whole wheat pasta, cartons of egg whites chicken. And they have these lily dale boneless turkey breasts that are like roasts.

Thanks
    Thanked 9,982 Times in 4,972 Posts

Re: Costco

Agreed - great place to stock-up on staples!

Thanks
    Thanked 18,098 Times in 7,789 Posts

I wish we could bring them on as a sponsor... All SI members get a 10% discount at Costco

Georgia

No I needs sams club. No Costco for hours around here

Thanks
    Thanked 8,354 Times in 4,480 Posts

I need to get my ass there quick

Thanks

I have never been to a Costco.

Thanks

Originally Posted by Georgia View Post
    No I needs sams club. No Costco for hours around here
    Yep...Sam's Club for me too.

Thanks

BJ's.......

Thanks

Big bags of frozen chicken and their slabs of beef tenderloin get me going
    All posts are for entertainment purposes only

Thanks
    Thanked 18,098 Times in 7,789 Posts

Originally Posted by Christosterone View Post
    Big bags of frozen chicken and their slabs of beef tenderloin get me going
    That brings back memories... When I first started and I thought you had to eat boiled chicken 5 times per day to get huge.... I used to buy their 10lb bags and just boil it all. ****in nasty. Don't know how I did that for so long.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,632 Times in 1,633 Posts

**** costco! Shop at Aldi! Better quality, cheaper prices!
    In need of dieting help? Email me at HeliosNutrition@gmail.com

Asking pillar how much orals to take is like asking Charlie Sheen how many hookers you should ****. - Jin

#mUGga

Thanks

The only Aldis around here are in the ghettos

Georgia

Originally Posted by PillarofBalance View Post
    That brings back memories... When I first started and I thought you had to eat boiled chicken 5 times per day to get huge.... I used to buy their 10lb bags and just boil it all. ****in nasty. Don't know how I did that for so long.
    Well what do you do now then?

Thanks

That is all starting to change, they are really changing their image because they are starting to get more and more middle and upper class clients. The last two to open up in my division have been in neighborhoods where the median income is well over $100,000 per family. The quality is also improving tremendously with a lot more organic products becoming available, including fresh organic chicken breast. I've been told, however, that my division is the only one that is very serious about store conditions, making sure everything is nice and tight, neat, etc... So I can't speak to other division. I've heard horror stories from district managers who have gone from one division to another and they walk into complete disasters because the VP in the division is more concerned with cutting payroll than maintaining a clean and stocked store.

Asking pillar how much orals to take is like asking Charlie Sheen how many hookers you should ****. - Jin

#mUGga

Thanks
    Thanked 3,271 Times in 1,933 Posts

I have all of them within my radius.... I usually choose first SAM's, COSTCO, ALDI then BJ's for my stocking needs!

Thanks

Originally Posted by Emmerz24 View Post
    I don't know what I would do without Costco. With the amount of food I eat its a life saver. Big bags of whole wheat pasta, cartons of egg whites chicken. And they have these lily dale boneless turkey breasts that are like roasts.
    For awhile there I was going to WalMart every week to buy the 5 dozen box of eggs, now I go to CostCo and purchase the 6pack box of kirkland egg whites..no more cracking eggs. And the important thing is zero cholesterol.

Thanks

Originally Posted by Tilltheend View Post
    I have never been to a Costco.
    You need to be 18 to open an account

Thanks

Originally Posted by AlphaD View Post
    I have all of them within my radius.... I usually choose first SAM's, COSTCO, ALDI then BJ's for my stocking needs!
    Sams Club and Costco for me... and for those who dont know ALDI, as Alpha mentioned above, they own Trader Joes. Yes everyone is shocked when they find out Trader Joes is owned by a big corporation and not a family owned chain thing. boo ****ing hoo you hippy bitches

Thanks
    Thanked 9,982 Times in 4,972 Posts

There's an Aldi near me. Not quite in the ghetto, but bordering on it. I'll need to check it out.

Thanks

False! Kind of, LOL. Aldi is German owned by the Albrecht brothers. One brother owns the aldi stores in one half of the world, the owns the stores in the other half. Aldi North, and Aldi South. Aldi North covers countries like France, Denmark, Poland, Iberian Peninsula, etc. Aldi South covers US, UK, Ireland, Hungary, Switzerland, Austria, Slovenia, and Australia. Soon to be China. They are both Aldi, but they are two separate companies. The brother that owned "Aldi North," the Aldi company not in the united states, also owned trader joes in the united states. So while there is a slight link between the Aldi stores operating in the united states and Trader Joes, it's not as strong as people think as they are owned by two completely separate companies.

You are correct that Aldi is a big corporation, but it is also a family owned chain still. They pay for all of their operations in cash and never take out loans, they are privately owned by the brothers, there is no board of investors, etc. It's one of the reasons that they pay so well. Cashiers start at almost twice minimum wage and benefits are paid for if you work at least 20 hours per week. Store managers make 75-100,000 per year, many of whom do not have college educations. District Managers are hired straight out of college and start at 75k and a company car that they can use for both work and personal use and top out after 4 years above 100,000. Holidays are paid time off, VERY generous vacation time, personal days, and sick days that actually pay out if you don't use them. Aldi is one of the few large companies out there that truly takes care of their employees.

The majority of the goods sold at Aldi are private label made specifically for Aldi, but they are actually brand name products that have been re-labeled for the stores. The chicken and pork are tyson. The Milk is Deans (and hormone free). Etc... People often have these misconceptions of Aldi before they walk into a store, then keep coming back for more when they realize how much money they can save and how good the quality is.

Lots of things are changing as well in terms of products. A big shift towards organic and "upscale" items (chocolate covered Pomegranate seeds, wine salami, premium cheeses, imported meats and cheeses, imported specialty wines, etc).

The best part is the double guarantee. Buy ANY item in the store that is the aldi private label and if you don't like it, bring it back for a FULL refund AND a replacement item of equal or lesser value. The quality of aldi food FAR surpasses that of Walmart and Costco private labels in my experience.

Originally Posted by AndroSport View Post
    Sams Club and Costco for me... and for those who dont know ALDI, as Alpha mentioned above, they own Trader Joes. Yes everyone is shocked when they find out Trader Joes is owned by a big corporation and not a family owned chain thing. boo ****ing hoo you hippy bitches

#mUGga

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast