On Prop, want to switch back to enanthate...

FreeBirdSam

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
ok so I tried test prop. My body hates it. Lumps, swollen, red, pain, fuck.

I want to drop it and switch back to enanthate without feeling my T levels drop too much. Does it need to be tapered down while the enanthate is tapered up? My understanding is that it takes a while for enanthate to build up, and I know prop does not last long.

I am on year round, how would you do it? Please enlighten me

Open Ears,
Sam

63Vette

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Yes, taper down the prop while ramping up test e....

But: don't start ramping down the prop for the first week.

It is not an exact process but I have done it with several compounds.

P to e I would start the 'e', and continue to run the prop as usual for the first week... then cut by 1/3 each week for the next three weeks. Pin the dose of 'e' you want to run from day one. You will probably have a little overlap. Run aromasine 12.5 mg eod.

Respect,
Vette

FreeBirdSam

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the quick reply Vette. That was my plans, but wanted to see if there was a way to just "stop" pinning that Tabasco sauce. :D

63Vette

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
LOL.... prop can be a real bitch.... you can cut it with (sterile) CSO or GSO or OE and it may help. Once you cut your dose you can make up the third you cut with the cutting oil.

Don't give up on all 'prop' or short esters though brother. Test prop is the only short ester compound that ever bothered me.

Also, the ester is counted in the dose of mg/ml in the compound. It's a slight difference but you may want to add about 25mg for every 100mg you intend on pinning of 'e' to what you were pinning of prop.

(i.e., you shoot 300mg ew of prop you may need to go as high as 375mg ew of 'e')

Best of luck and much respect,
Vette

PillarofBalance

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Cutting the prop won't help. He's reacting to the propionic acid, not the mg/ml amount... I react to it too. Sucks. But after about 4 pins in the same spot I stop reacting like that.

If it were me switching up esters like this for this reason, I'd drop the prop right away and frontload the test enanthate. You'll dip a bit but so what.

Yaya

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
start test e before you quit the prop, 2 weeks prior.. ive done this many times

take 50mg prop each 3rd day after you inject 1s cc of test e , do this for 2 weeks

FreeBirdSam

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Good to know I have options POB. And thanks for the explanation. I will just stay away from it from now on.

R1rider

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Prop is a bitch, but i love it. I blasted and cruised on prop for almost a year lol

i agree with the others. Taper it down.

Stop the prop a few weeks in

Reaction score
Test P gets a bad name everywhere! Heat that shit up! There's little to no PIP if you heat it to at least 150 F. The melting point for Test P is much higher than Test C.

SFGiants

Elite
Reaction score
ok so I tried test prop. My body hates it. Lumps, swollen, red, pain, fuck.

I want to drop it and switch back to enanthate without feeling my T levels drop too much. Does it need to be tapered down while the enanthate is tapered up? My understanding is that it takes a while for enanthate to build up, and I know prop does not last long.

I am on year round, how would you do it? Please enlighten me

Open Ears,
Sam

I hate it also and is why I use Test Phenylpropionate, no pain faster ester but I do lump on large shots but there is a fix for that and that is smaller shots.

Give TPP a try some day!

New Threads