Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,985 Times in 2,992 Posts

Stop Celebrating EVERY Tackle Players

I think LSU has consistantly had some of the best defensive players for the last few years. I also notice they celebrate after damn near EVERY play. Much more than other teams. Once in a while its understandable and even required IMO. Too much is too much. Am I the only one that notices this.

Thanks
    Thanked 9,831 Times in 4,909 Posts

Re: Stop Celebrating EVERY Tackle Players

This is one of the reasons I've all but lost interest in American football. Especially at the NFL level, far too much "ohh look at me! did you see what I just did?" mindset. Know what you just did? Your job. The same job the other ten lads on the field are expecting you to do. Now how about you get your ass back in the huddle and get ready to do it again instead of fawking about.

Thanks
    Thanked 6,985 Times in 2,992 Posts

BOOM I cant wait to hear what Vette says about this.

My coach told one of our wannabe stars being a leader on the field does not just mean being the loudest person on the field.

Thanks
    Thanked 9,831 Times in 4,909 Posts

Originally Posted by BigGameHunter View Post
    BOOM I cant wait to hear what Vette says about this.

My coach told one of our wannabe stars being a leader on the field does not just mean being the loudest person on the field.
    That is an excellent quote.

Thanks

I never saw Dick Butkus celebrate a tackle ... not one time. And yet he remains, in my opinion, the greatest defensive player to ever play the game.

In 1970, the New York Times asked 22 NFL head coaches to name five players they would pick to start a team. More chose Butkus than any other player.

"You mention his name, my body starts aching," said Sanders, a Hall of Fame tight end.
    In one memorable game at Soldier Field, Sanders hit team mate Buffone square in the chops with a forearm on a crackback block, knocking out three of Buffone's teeth. When Buffone came back to the sideline, bleeding profusely, Butkus wanted to know who was responsible.

Later in the game, when Sanders came across the middle with his eyes on a pass, Butkus drilled him in his chest, laying him out.

"Cold-cocked me," Sanders said. "Hardest I ever was hit."

In another game at Tiger Stadium, the Lions tried playing an I-formation against the Bears. Before the game was through, Butkus had knocked every member of the Lions' "I" — center, quarterback, fullback and halfback — out of the game.

Lions running back Altie Taylor once saw Butkus charging at him full speed and stepped out of bounds before he could be hit. This so angered Butkus that he kept chasing Taylor out of bounds. In fact, he chased him clear into the stands at Soldier Field.

When Taylor finally got back to the huddle, he told teammate Charlie Sanders, "That man's crazy."

When asked about the post-tackle celebrations Butkus asked "... what are they celebrating when all they did was what they were supposed to do".

I would say that pretty much sums up my feelings on the subject. Let your actions speak for you.... not your antics.

Much Respect,
    Vette
    Hung like Einstein and Smart as a Mule.

Thanks
    Thanked 8,112 Times in 4,363 Posts

I cant stand all the celebrating it makes me sick..Dick Butkus was a bad mother****er

Thanks

The NFL has turned into the wwf, everyone has a special move. I forgot his name but he plays for the giants and everytime he makes a TD he fking dance salsa) lmao , I'm Gettin annoyed with it already.
    Eating ass is anabolic. .. Stick your tongue in and hold it there for 20 seconds! Wise words from
    TRODIZZLE

Thanks

That why I like combat sports like MMA..Their classy like freddy blassie

Thanks

sadly guys its all about that dollar. these fools are told to do this shit cuz that one extra run on sports center or highlight on the late night news could get them that next contract or endorsment deal. he biggest example of this is that fag T.O. he honestly was a decent wr and a genetic freak. but his antics made him maybe the most popular wr of this generation.
    Stay consistent!

Thanks

I really really dislike LSU and I agree with your post. At the same time I do appreciate celebrating and excitement. To me, college athletics have a quality of pride not seen in professional sports and the celebrations and enthusiasm display their pride for their school and sport. Yes there is overkill but love what you do and do what you love. Boomer Sooner!!!

Thanks
    Thanked 2,410 Times in 1,185 Posts

What about jack lambert? He was a mean sob with four Super Bowl rings in ten years. They didn't call it the steal curtain for nothing. Dick did a show on espn a few years back. He was coaching a high school football team it was my hs. Called beyond the glory. That was a yet after I graduated since then he's opened up a few restaurants in Pittsburgh.

Thanks

Originally Posted by BigGameHunter View Post
    I think LSU has consistantly had some of the best defensive players for the last few years. I also notice they celebrate after damn near EVERY play. Much more than other teams. Once in a while its understandable and even required IMO. Too much is too much. Am I the only one that notices this.
    All that showboating, chicken dancing and behaving like a fool turned me off from football long ago.

Just as bad if not worse is that ridiculous hair protruding from their helmets. Grown men at the salon getting their weave for Monday Night Football: beyond queer.
    Thugs
    Don't
    Matter

Elite
    Thanks

Originally Posted by mistah187 View Post
    sadly guys its all about that dollar. these fools are told to do this shit cuz that one extra run on sports center or highlight on the late night news could get them that next contract or endorsment deal. he biggest example of this is that fag T.O. he honestly was a decent wr and a genetic freak. but his antics made him maybe the most popular wr of this generation.
    Lol so your me telling there next contract depends only on how much air time they get on tv? And t.o. is broke as hell, he needs money that's why he's trying to get back in the NFL.so your argument doesn't make any sense

Thanks
    Thanked 4,364 Times in 2,152 Posts

Herm, was Lamberts number 58? I think Hamm was 57

Thanks

Originally Posted by 63Vette View Post
    I never saw Dick Butkus celebrate a tackle ... not one time. And yet he remains, in my opinion, the greatest defensive player to ever play the game.

In 1970, the New York Times asked 22 NFL head coaches to name five players they would pick to start a team. More chose Butkus than any other player.

"You mention his name, my body starts aching," said Sanders, a Hall of Fame tight end.
    In one memorable game at Soldier Field, Sanders hit team mate Buffone square in the chops with a forearm on a crackback block, knocking out three of Buffone's teeth. When Buffone came back to the sideline, bleeding profusely, Butkus wanted to know who was responsible.

Later in the game, when Sanders came across the middle with his eyes on a pass, Butkus drilled him in his chest, laying him out.

"Cold-cocked me," Sanders said. "Hardest I ever was hit."

In another game at Tiger Stadium, the Lions tried playing an I-formation against the Bears. Before the game was through, Butkus had knocked every member of the Lions' "I" — center, quarterback, fullback and halfback — out of the game.

Lions running back Altie Taylor once saw Butkus charging at him full speed and stepped out of bounds before he could be hit. This so angered Butkus that he kept chasing Taylor out of bounds. In fact, he chased him clear into the stands at Soldier Field.

When Taylor finally got back to the huddle, he told teammate Charlie Sanders, "That man's crazy."

When asked about the post-tackle celebrations Butkus asked "... what are they celebrating when all they did was what they were supposed to do".

I would say that pretty much sums up my feelings on the subject. Let your actions speak for you.... not your antics.

Much Respect,
    Vette
    Nice post. He was indeed a manimal. I have had the luxury of living in an area he called home and working at a business one of his best friends owns so I have met him many a time. Cool dude.

Thanks

Originally Posted by Steelers4Life View Post
    Herm, was Lamberts number 58? I think Hamm was 57
    Lambert was 58 and Hamm was 59 bad ****ers there.

Thanks

what about lawrence taylor all cracked out and ready to kill!! NJG

Thanks

Originally Posted by Brother Bundy View Post
    what about lawrence taylor all cracked out and ready to kill!! NJG
    LT was crazy good... thats the kind of guy who you never know if he would have been BETTER if he didn't do all the coke & drugs or he was better BECAUSE the coke & drugs made him a nut-job who didn't care about his body and just used it as a projectile over and over.

Thanks

Thanks
    Thanked 4,364 Times in 2,152 Posts

That video is AWESOME!!!!!!:tren:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast