Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 35
  1. #1
    Elite heavydeads83's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Ga
    Posts
    2,148
    Thanks
    1,266
    Thanked 1,209 Times in 645 Posts

    No deadlifts for a while.

    Pretty sure my back is ****ed. i could barely walk when i got home last wednesday after deadlifts. its been over a week and it's getting worse instead of better. needless to say i haven't pulled this week. gonna try to lay off the deadlifts for a few weeks and see if i get feeling better. any of you dudes ever go to the chiropractor? all the dudes i train with go but two of them are still ****ed up so it seems like a waste of money to me.

  2. #2
    Senior Moderator Spongy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    4,503
    Thanks
    498
    Thanked 3,575 Times in 1,617 Posts

    Re: No deadlifts for a while.

    Man, take care of yourself! I see chiros and love it. I personally think it helps a lot. 'Specially if your Chiropractor is an IFBB Pro!
    In need of dieting help? Email me at HeliosNutrition@gmail.com

    Asking pillar how much orals to take is like asking Charlie Sheen how many hookers you should ****. - Jin

    #mUGga

  3. #3
    Elite mistah187's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Hyrule
    Posts
    1,292
    Thanks
    119
    Thanked 251 Times in 168 Posts

    Re: No deadlifts for a while.

    Damn bro sorry to hear. I haven't dl in almost 3 months. Hurt my lower back and it is now just getting to where I feel I can pull again. I feel u on the chiro. Once u go u always have to go or ur back doesn't feel right. It's a trap. A very expensive trap. If u can afford it its great but just know u have to go forever its not like they "fix" anything. A nice deep tissue massage will do.
    Stay consistent!

  4. #4
    Elite heavydeads83's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Ga
    Posts
    2,148
    Thanks
    1,266
    Thanked 1,209 Times in 645 Posts

    Re: No deadlifts for a while.

    I'm thinking about it i've just never liked the idea of someone cracking on my ****in spine ya know. I'm gonna have to do something though. i should be feeling better after a week if something wasn't wrong. i can't even lay on my stomach in the bed dude. it's not like i can't walk i just have this constant discomfort in my lower back and it's getting annoying.

  5. #5
    Elite Big Worm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    1,379
    Thanks
    492
    Thanked 921 Times in 411 Posts

    Re: No deadlifts for a while.

    Do you guys have a reverse hyper?

  6. #6
    Elite heavydeads83's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Ga
    Posts
    2,148
    Thanks
    1,266
    Thanked 1,209 Times in 645 Posts

    Re: No deadlifts for a while.

    yes worm we do. and i was suggested to use it last night and hurt like a mother****er rather than helping. good to see ya bro.

  7. #7
    Senior Member Illtemper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    CHI-TOWN
    Posts
    433
    Thanks
    16
    Thanked 8 Times in 6 Posts

    Re: No deadlifts for a while.

    Bro a good chiro is the way to go. Sometime you just need an adjustment to pop everything back into place.

    Check groupon, sometime there are deals on the like on I bought. $45 for 5 visits! Usually it's $35 per adjustment...
    Stay modivated! You only have this life to make it happen!

  8. #8
    Elite Big Worm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    1,379
    Thanks
    492
    Thanked 921 Times in 411 Posts

    Re: No deadlifts for a while.

    Well keep trying if you can. Also anti inflamatories and walking. Foam roller too.

  9. #9
    Elite heavydeads83's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Ga
    Posts
    2,148
    Thanks
    1,266
    Thanked 1,209 Times in 645 Posts

    Re: No deadlifts for a while.

    thanks illtemper i appreciate that bro. worm - the foam roller has been my best friend thus far. i'm just trying to play it safe man i don't want to get myself all ****ed up to where i can't even squat or anything.

  10. #10
    Elite Big Worm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    1,379
    Thanks
    492
    Thanked 921 Times in 411 Posts

    Re: No deadlifts for a while.

    I hear ya. Might be a little too worried though because of your buddy. Go for a walk if you haven't tried it yet.

  11. #11
    Elite Christosterone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    1,026
    Thanks
    16
    Thanked 16 Times in 16 Posts

    Re: No deadlifts for a while.

    Go to a doc, not a chiro, you may need imaging and chiros just can't give you all tools doc can....that being said, ice and heat, and stretch. And an added tip, if its herniated disc (does pain travel down through ass or legs?) or other types of back issues, 7 months post injury, the progress between surgery and conservative therapy is the same...pm me if you have questions, I see this all the time
    All posts are for entertainment purposes only

  12. #12
    Senior Member IWannaGetBig's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    1,137
    Thanks
    533
    Thanked 281 Times in 196 Posts

    Re: No deadlifts for a while.

    Bro, I totally understand back pain. My L5-S1 is herniated and I've been told by 2 surgeons that I need to be fused, but Humana won't approve it.
    Dude, you need to get an inversion table. If you can't pony up the money right now, then just go by Sports Authority and demo it on the sales floor. Do it for about 5 minutes the first day and only go to about 20-30degrees. Go back the next and go a little more inverted, and a little longer. By the third day, go the full 90.
    And if you can't get to the sports store, you can also do this in the gym. Lie on the decline bench and try and relax and stretch the back out as much you can. I would recommend having someone there to help you sit up afterwards because the muscles will be very relaxed..don't want them to spasm while you're trying to get up. good luck

  13. #13
    Elite heavydeads83's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Ga
    Posts
    2,148
    Thanks
    1,266
    Thanked 1,209 Times in 645 Posts

    Re: No deadlifts for a while.

    Originally Posted by Big Worm View Post
    I hear ya. Might be a little too worried though because of your buddy. Go for a walk if you haven't tried it yet.
    i walk a lot during the day bro. i work outside. it's just been a week man so hopefully i'm ok. i'm hoping it's an issue with some muscles in my lower back rather than my spine.

  14. #14
    Elite heavydeads83's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Ga
    Posts
    2,148
    Thanks
    1,266
    Thanked 1,209 Times in 645 Posts

    Re: No deadlifts for a while.

    on a side note - thanks gent's i appreciate your concern and advice.

  15. #15
    Elite DF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    8,386
    Thanks
    4,938
    Thanked 3,343 Times in 1,793 Posts

    Re: No deadlifts for a while.

    1. Any acute injury use Ice NOT Heat. Why? because you have inflammation/swelling- Ice will reduce the swelling. Heat will increase sweeling & lead to secondary hypoxic celluar death... (More swelling)
    2. Sleeping on your stomach is the worst position to sleep. It puts stress on the neck & back.
    3. I deal with insurance all the time most have chiro benifits (atleast in my area)
    4. Chiropractic care is not a trap...lol Will you need more than 1 visit most likely yes.
    5. The nerve controls the muscle. If the nerve is pinched it causes muscle spasms/hypertonicity. This is how the body protects the nerve from further injury.
    6. I have digital xray at my office. If there is a need for an MRI my office calls & makes an appointment to get it done.
    7. FUSION Surgery AVOID if possible. The only time to get fusion in the lower back is if there is alot of instability in the spine. More likely you have seen an othopedic surgeon. Get a second opinion from a neuro surgeon. See my link above for more details.

  16. #16
    Elite PillarofBalance's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    20,496
    Thanks
    2,144
    Thanked 18,093 Times in 7,788 Posts

    Re: No deadlifts for a while.

    Originally Posted by heavydeads83 View Post
    Pretty sure my back is ****ed. i could barely walk when i got home last wednesday after deadlifts. its been over a week and it's getting worse instead of better. needless to say i haven't pulled this week. gonna try to lay off the deadlifts for a few weeks and see if i get feeling better. any of you dudes ever go to the chiropractor? all the dudes i train with go but two of them are still ****ed up so it seems like a waste of money to me.
    A chiro will often not cure you. Sometimes there is no cure. However what they offer is the ability to keep training and doing what you love. There are other things too. You need to be spending time at home doing rehab work. What exactly is wrong with your back? You need to work hard to over come this... Considering your handle, if you can't deadlift you may as well

    "Overzealous dosing" -Jin

    Rest in Peace Robot Lord. First round of Natty Boh is on me when I make it up there with you brother.

  17. #17
    Elite AlphaD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    8,117
    Thanks
    3,966
    Thanked 3,263 Times in 1,933 Posts

    Re: No deadlifts for a while.

    Damn brother, I know the back pain. I caused severe muscle trauma to lower back muscle tied into the f'in butt muscle. Laid me out flat. Couldn't walk without pain for days. I thought I slipped a disk, or herniated something the pain was so severe. Get tests and scans done and nothing. Just F'ed up muscle or as they point it severely. Anyhow took some time off DL and really started stretching and foam rolling, and adding in prep work before big lifts.......110% better now.

  18. #18
    Elite heavydeads83's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Ga
    Posts
    2,148
    Thanks
    1,266
    Thanked 1,209 Times in 645 Posts

    Re: No deadlifts for a while.

    Originally Posted by PillarofBalance View Post
    A chiro will often not cure you. Sometimes there is no cure. However what they offer is the ability to keep training and doing what you love. There are other things too. You need to be spending time at home doing rehab work. What exactly is wrong with your back? You need to work hard to over come this... Considering your handle, if you can't deadlift you may as well


    goddamn that's a ****ed up video clip lol. i've just had a lot of discomfort in my lower back since the last time i deadlifted POB. it hurts worse on the left side than the right. there's no position i can put my body in that im comfortable and when i first wake up in the morning i'm stiff ass hell. all the pain is in my lower back though its not shooting down into my hip or anything so i'm hoping its just some strained muscles or something but if i did deadlifts right now i would be ****in crippled. it's pretty frustrating.

  19. #19
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    923
    Thanks
    19
    Thanked 33 Times in 22 Posts

    Re: No deadlifts for a while.

    Originally Posted by Dfeaton View Post
    1. Any acute injury use Ice NOT Heat. Why? because you have inflammation/swelling- Ice will reduce the swelling. Heat will increase sweeling & lead to secondary hypoxic celluar death... (More swelling)
    2. Sleeping on your stomach is the worst position to sleep. It puts stress on the neck & back.
    3. I deal with insurance all the time most have chiro benifits (atleast in my area)
    4. Chiropractic care is not a trap...lol Will you need more than 1 visit most likely yes.
    5. The nerve controls the muscle. If the nerve is pinched it causes muscle spasms/hypertonicity. This is how the body protects the nerve from further injury.
    6. I have digital xray at my office. If there is a need for an MRI my office calls & makes an appointment to get it done.
    7. FUSION Surgery AVOID if possible. The only time to get fusion in the lower back is if there is alot of instability in the spine. More likely you have seen an othopedic surgeon. Get a second opinion from a neuro surgeon. See my link above for more details.
    I would see a chiro far before an orthopedic surgeon. They want to throw surgery at everything.

  20. #20
    Elite PillarofBalance's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    20,496
    Thanks
    2,144
    Thanked 18,093 Times in 7,788 Posts

    Re: No deadlifts for a while.

    Originally Posted by heavydeads83 View Post
    goddamn that's a ****ed up video clip lol. i've just had a lot of discomfort in my lower back since the last time i deadlifted POB. it hurts worse on the left side than the right. there's no position i can put my body in that im comfortable and when i first wake up in the morning i'm stiff ass hell. all the pain is in my lower back though its not shooting down into my hip or anything so i'm hoping its just some strained muscles or something but if i did deadlifts right now i would be ****in crippled. it's pretty frustrating.
    Try what I've been using... A car buffer for myofascial release. Its the nuts. Works better and faster than my chiro does.
    "Overzealous dosing" -Jin

    Rest in Peace Robot Lord. First round of Natty Boh is on me when I make it up there with you brother.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Grip strength and deadlifts
    By bubbagump in forum Training and Workouts
    Replies: 64
    Last Post: 08-18-2020, 08:02 AM
  2. Anyone try these Reebok shoes for deadlifts?
    By Milo in forum General Chat & Conversation
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 09-12-2015, 02:01 PM
  3. Deadlifts: To drop or not to drop?
    By SuperBane in forum Training and Workouts
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 12-09-2013, 02:25 PM
  4. Touch and Go Deadlifts
    By PillarofBalance in forum Powerlifting Training Methods
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 05-19-2013, 02:31 PM
  5. Deadlifts... who does em?
    By HDH in forum Training and Workouts
    Replies: 50
    Last Post: 02-16-2013, 01:50 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •