Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,209 Times in 645 Posts

No deadlifts for a while.

Pretty sure my back is ****ed. i could barely walk when i got home last wednesday after deadlifts. its been over a week and it's getting worse instead of better. needless to say i haven't pulled this week. gonna try to lay off the deadlifts for a few weeks and see if i get feeling better. any of you dudes ever go to the chiropractor? all the dudes i train with go but two of them are still ****ed up so it seems like a waste of money to me.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,575 Times in 1,617 Posts

Re: No deadlifts for a while.

Man, take care of yourself! I see chiros and love it. I personally think it helps a lot. 'Specially if your Chiropractor is an IFBB Pro!
    In need of dieting help? Email me at HeliosNutrition@gmail.com

Asking pillar how much orals to take is like asking Charlie Sheen how many hookers you should ****. - Jin

#mUGga

Thanks

Damn bro sorry to hear. I haven't dl in almost 3 months. Hurt my lower back and it is now just getting to where I feel I can pull again. I feel u on the chiro. Once u go u always have to go or ur back doesn't feel right. It's a trap. A very expensive trap. If u can afford it its great but just know u have to go forever its not like they "fix" anything. A nice deep tissue massage will do.
    Stay consistent!

Thanks

I'm thinking about it i've just never liked the idea of someone cracking on my ****in spine ya know. I'm gonna have to do something though. i should be feeling better after a week if something wasn't wrong. i can't even lay on my stomach in the bed dude. it's not like i can't walk i just have this constant discomfort in my lower back and it's getting annoying.

Thanks

Do you guys have a reverse hyper?

Thanks

yes worm we do. and i was suggested to use it last night and hurt like a mother****er rather than helping. good to see ya bro.

Thanks

Bro a good chiro is the way to go. Sometime you just need an adjustment to pop everything back into place.

Check groupon, sometime there are deals on the like on I bought. $45 for 5 visits! Usually it's $35 per adjustment...
    Stay modivated! You only have this life to make it happen!

Thanks

Well keep trying if you can. Also anti inflamatories and walking. Foam roller too.

Thanks

thanks illtemper i appreciate that bro. worm - the foam roller has been my best friend thus far. i'm just trying to play it safe man i don't want to get myself all ****ed up to where i can't even squat or anything.

Thanks

I hear ya. Might be a little too worried though because of your buddy. Go for a walk if you haven't tried it yet.

Thanks

Go to a doc, not a chiro, you may need imaging and chiros just can't give you all tools doc can....that being said, ice and heat, and stretch. And an added tip, if its herniated disc (does pain travel down through ass or legs?) or other types of back issues, 7 months post injury, the progress between surgery and conservative therapy is the same...pm me if you have questions, I see this all the time
    All posts are for entertainment purposes only

Thanks

Bro, I totally understand back pain. My L5-S1 is herniated and I've been told by 2 surgeons that I need to be fused, but Humana won't approve it.
    Dude, you need to get an inversion table. If you can't pony up the money right now, then just go by Sports Authority and demo it on the sales floor. Do it for about 5 minutes the first day and only go to about 20-30degrees. Go back the next and go a little more inverted, and a little longer. By the third day, go the full 90.
    And if you can't get to the sports store, you can also do this in the gym. Lie on the decline bench and try and relax and stretch the back out as much you can. I would recommend having someone there to help you sit up afterwards because the muscles will be very relaxed..don't want them to spasm while you're trying to get up. good luck

Thanks

Originally Posted by Big Worm View Post
    I hear ya. Might be a little too worried though because of your buddy. Go for a walk if you haven't tried it yet.
    i walk a lot during the day bro. i work outside. it's just been a week man so hopefully i'm ok. i'm hoping it's an issue with some muscles in my lower back rather than my spine.

Thanks

on a side note - thanks gent's i appreciate your concern and advice.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,343 Times in 1,793 Posts

1. Any acute injury use Ice NOT Heat. Why? because you have inflammation/swelling- Ice will reduce the swelling. Heat will increase sweeling & lead to secondary hypoxic celluar death... (More swelling)
    2. Sleeping on your stomach is the worst position to sleep. It puts stress on the neck & back.
    3. I deal with insurance all the time most have chiro benifits (atleast in my area)
    4. Chiropractic care is not a trap...lol Will you need more than 1 visit most likely yes.
    5. The nerve controls the muscle. If the nerve is pinched it causes muscle spasms/hypertonicity. This is how the body protects the nerve from further injury.
    6. I have digital xray at my office. If there is a need for an MRI my office calls & makes an appointment to get it done.
    7. FUSION Surgery AVOID if possible. The only time to get fusion in the lower back is if there is alot of instability in the spine. More likely you have seen an othopedic surgeon. Get a second opinion from a neuro surgeon. See my link above for more details.

Thanks
    Thanked 18,093 Times in 7,788 Posts

Originally Posted by heavydeads83 View Post
    Pretty sure my back is ****ed. i could barely walk when i got home last wednesday after deadlifts. its been over a week and it's getting worse instead of better. needless to say i haven't pulled this week. gonna try to lay off the deadlifts for a few weeks and see if i get feeling better. any of you dudes ever go to the chiropractor? all the dudes i train with go but two of them are still ****ed up so it seems like a waste of money to me.
    A chiro will often not cure you. Sometimes there is no cure. However what they offer is the ability to keep training and doing what you love. There are other things too. You need to be spending time at home doing rehab work. What exactly is wrong with your back? You need to work hard to over come this... Considering your handle, if you can't deadlift you may as well

"Overzealous dosing" -Jin

Rest in Peace Robot Lord. First round of Natty Boh is on me when I make it up there with you brother.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,263 Times in 1,933 Posts

Damn brother, I know the back pain. I caused severe muscle trauma to lower back muscle tied into the f'in butt muscle. Laid me out flat. Couldn't walk without pain for days. I thought I slipped a disk, or herniated something the pain was so severe. Get tests and scans done and nothing. Just F'ed up muscle or as they point it severely. Anyhow took some time off DL and really started stretching and foam rolling, and adding in prep work before big lifts.......110% better now.

Thanks

Originally Posted by PillarofBalance View Post
    A chiro will often not cure you. Sometimes there is no cure. However what they offer is the ability to keep training and doing what you love. There are other things too. You need to be spending time at home doing rehab work. What exactly is wrong with your back? You need to work hard to over come this... Considering your handle, if you can't deadlift you may as well

goddamn that's a ****ed up video clip lol. i've just had a lot of discomfort in my lower back since the last time i deadlifted POB. it hurts worse on the left side than the right. there's no position i can put my body in that im comfortable and when i first wake up in the morning i'm stiff ass hell. all the pain is in my lower back though its not shooting down into my hip or anything so i'm hoping its just some strained muscles or something but if i did deadlifts right now i would be ****in crippled. it's pretty frustrating.

Thanks

Originally Posted by Dfeaton View Post
    1. Any acute injury use Ice NOT Heat. Why? because you have inflammation/swelling- Ice will reduce the swelling. Heat will increase sweeling & lead to secondary hypoxic celluar death... (More swelling)
    2. Sleeping on your stomach is the worst position to sleep. It puts stress on the neck & back.
    3. I deal with insurance all the time most have chiro benifits (atleast in my area)
    4. Chiropractic care is not a trap...lol Will you need more than 1 visit most likely yes.
    5. The nerve controls the muscle. If the nerve is pinched it causes muscle spasms/hypertonicity. This is how the body protects the nerve from further injury.
    6. I have digital xray at my office. If there is a need for an MRI my office calls & makes an appointment to get it done.
    7. FUSION Surgery AVOID if possible. The only time to get fusion in the lower back is if there is alot of instability in the spine. More likely you have seen an othopedic surgeon. Get a second opinion from a neuro surgeon. See my link above for more details.
    I would see a chiro far before an orthopedic surgeon. They want to throw surgery at everything.

Thanks
    Thanked 18,093 Times in 7,788 Posts

Originally Posted by heavydeads83 View Post
    goddamn that's a ****ed up video clip lol. i've just had a lot of discomfort in my lower back since the last time i deadlifted POB. it hurts worse on the left side than the right. there's no position i can put my body in that im comfortable and when i first wake up in the morning i'm stiff ass hell. all the pain is in my lower back though its not shooting down into my hip or anything so i'm hoping its just some strained muscles or something but if i did deadlifts right now i would be ****in crippled. it's pretty frustrating.
    Try what I've been using... A car buffer for myofascial release. Its the nuts. Works better and faster than my chiro does.
    "Overzealous dosing" -Jin

Rest in Peace Robot Lord. First round of Natty Boh is on me when I make it up there with you brother.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast