Thanks

Half ass training

I need to understand y I c so Many top bb doing half ass full extension when lifting weights, my friend told me when u extend ur arm all the way ur resting and that's y I c pro bb go half way up. I told him no way. Ive seen jay branch and many more lift like this. What is the bro science behind this tabo lifting )
    Eating ass is anabolic. .. Stick your tongue in and hold it there for 20 seconds! Wise words from
    TRODIZZLE

Elite
    Thanks

Re: Half ass training

Its whatever man, everybody does there lifting different.

Thanks

I heard Jason Huh (hugh?) saying people ride him about that and he said he only does it on certain exercises which dont require full extension but he does do it on other exercises.

I think these guys are just genetic freaks and they dont all need to lift with full range of motion or amazing form to get huge... IDK. Most people would get hurt doing some of the lifting I see going on by some of these guys.

Thanks

Originally Posted by AndroSport View Post
    I heard Jason Huh (hugh?) saying people ride him about that and he said he only does it on certain exercises which dont require full extension but he does do it on other exercises.

I think these guys are just genetic freaks and they dont all need to lift with full range of motion or amazing form to get huge... IDK. Most people would get hurt doing some of the lifting I see going on by some of these guys.
    That or they just say Fk it and know that they r depending more on the drugs to make up for lack of training
    Eating ass is anabolic. .. Stick your tongue in and hold it there for 20 seconds! Wise words from
    TRODIZZLE

Thanks

Originally Posted by Jada View Post
    That or they just say Fk it and know that they r depending more on the drugs to make up for lack of training
    No...just no...

Cmon bro, if this were the case then everyone with a couple cycles under their belt would have the physique of an ifbb pro.

Thanks

I always thought for the muscle to get fully worked a person had to extend full contraction not half way , I still can't understand let's say a example when a person like Jay does db press and
    Doesn't extend his arm all the way but he chest is still Gettin worked. How?
    TRODIZZLE

Thanks

Originally Posted by Jada View Post
    I always thought for the muscle to get fully worked a person had to extend full contraction not half way , I still can't understand let's say a example when a person like Jay does db press and
    Doesn't extend his arm all the way but he chest is still Gettin worked. How?
    His chest is under constant tension from staying in that range. Your arms come more into play when extending fully and locking out.
    "There are only two days in the year nothing can be done. One is called yesterday and the other is called tomorrow"

Thanks

Thanks Jomo My bro I just needed that understanding cuz watching the great trainers like Dorian , Charles glass and Oscar (Kai green) always done it that way plus I've always trained like that . The only time I use that way of lifting is if I'm doing a drop set and at the last set .
    TRODIZZLE

Thanks

I could be wrong, but that is my understanding. My buddy still cracks on me when I bench sometimes. I dont fully lock out sometimes and I just have to hear "Yo stop doing the Branch Warrens".
    "There are only two days in the year nothing can be done. One is called yesterday and the other is called tomorrow"

Thanks

Lmfao ) , I don't lock out to but I make sure my lifts r more than half way up. It's funny u say that cuz in my gym there a guy people call jay and I asked my boy y they call him like that he said cuz he does half way on all lifts.
    TRODIZZLE

Thanks
    Thanked 6,986 Times in 2,993 Posts

WWAD

What would Arnold do?

Georgia

Originally Posted by JOMO View Post
    I could be wrong, but that is my understanding. My buddy still cracks on me when I bench sometimes. I dont fully lock out sometimes and I just have to hear "Yo stop doing the Branch Warrens".
    Locking out at the top of a bench press is actually not good for your joints. Puts a lot of force on the cartilage in your elbow and causes the load to shift from your chest to your shoulders to hold the weight.

Never lock out at the top unless it's to re-rack the weight. Keep arms bent at all times to keep the muscles working/supporting the load not your joints/shoulder

Thanks

Originally Posted by JOMO View Post
    His chest is under constant tension from staying in that range. Your arms come more into play when extending fully and locking out.
    This is a good point. I see Lee Haney do this too. He starts out though with full range of motion and as he tires/reaches failure he shortens to get whatever motion he can get.

Also, sometimes I'll see guys re-visit a body part they had already done that week with short 'truncated' motions just to get a pump but work the other body parts they are actually 'working' that day with full range of motion.

Me, I just try to not go so far I **** up my joints. I have that old school problem of it doesn't count if it isn't a full range rep....

Respect,
    Vette
    Hung like Einstein and Smart as a Mule.

Thanks

Originally Posted by Georgia View Post
    Locking out at the top of a bench press is actually not good for your joints. Puts a lot of force on the cartilage in your elbow and causes the load to shift from your chest to your shoulders to hold the weight.

Never lock out at the top unless it's to re-rack the weight. Keep arms bent at all times to keep the muscles working/supporting the load not your joints/shoulder
    Sorry, I don't ever lockout fully after each rep. Just get it to that point where the full range of motion has been executed. My last shoulder tweak was caused on my last rep on my set trying to lockout.

Thanks

They're not referring to restricting range of motion. This applies to arms, not to legs.
    When you're doing extensions and you straighten the arm all the way, you are done extending and there is no resistance. The weight is resting on the perpendicular bone.

Thanks

Cant speak as to the pros...they are in a different class altogether....but for myself I like full ROM on all reps and also like partial reps after reaching fatigue. If i can squeeze out 2-3 partials I love the pump..

Thanks

Mainly referring to bench press or shoulder press.
    They say you shouldn't do it when you do triceps too, but I don't really feel the peak contraction until I extend at least almost all the way. You can see it when you do kick-backs, tricep extensions, push-downs, etc. Until you almost completely straighten the arm, it isn't completely contracted.

Originally Posted by Rip View Post
    They're not referring to restricting range of motion. This applies to arms, not to legs.
    When you're doing extensions and you straighten the arm all the way, you are done extending and there is no resistance. The weight is resting on the perpendicular bone.

Thanks

Half ass training

Most have already build the mass with freak training

They have a contract now paying their bills 700lb squats might be fun to watch but there's no money in having a torn hamstring and ruining your career

Thanks

Full ROM right before lockout. When you
    Do this you are getting maximum
    Strength and build. Guys that do half
    Reps are only developing
    build strength through that partial movement
    Go all the way but don't lock. Locking
    Does rest your muscle and puts a load
    On you joints. But you do want to take
    It all the way right before that point.
    I also like to do a few reps of partial reps
    On my last set or two ant the end of
    Those sets for maximum failure and
    The pump is great.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,263 Times in 1,933 Posts

Originally Posted by BigGameHunter View Post
    WWAD

What would Arnold do?
    Whatever he wants.......then sleep with his housekeeper!