Right place right time

Jada

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Yesterday Like everyday I go out to the bakery to buy my wheat bread with egg whites and my wifes breakfast , I go out side and c a man laying face down on the floor, I'm so use to seeing homeless and drunk people sleeping on the floor that I Just keep walking and mind my bizness. So I'm Lookin at this person and say to my self look at this guy drunk as Fk .

Well when I was passing him by he "says son help me" I stood still for one moment and say to my self I'm hearing shit! Too damn early(6:20am) mind u it's still dark and only a few people walking in the streets. As I take two more steps away from the guy he says "son help me" in Spanish . Im like WTF. Now I'm not hearing shit. I go to him his face is not Lookin at me so when I lift him up it's a old man that I always see helping the corner store . This guy is like 80yrs old!!! I'm like WTF happen talk to me . He was not Lookin good . Blood all over his face.

He tells me he fell , I put him near the tire on a car tell him don't move , I ran to the store and told the owner the deal run back to the old man and with another person and lift him up take him to the store and sit him down. Blood all over the place. I had blood on my hands and I didn't give a Fk man . I helped to clean him up. I told the owner to call 911 cuz this guy is old and hit his face and he should be checked out. I went back to get my breakfast and when I came back to the store the old man was helping around store. I told him r u ok and he thank me and I gave him a hug.

I'm not going to lie but I cried man . I felt like shit! I walked passed this guy like if he was a bum. I told God at that moment to forgive me . I'm just happy I was there at the moment .

Spongy

Senior Moderator
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
What a story man! Right place right time indeed!

BigGameHunter

Veteran
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Good for you Jada.

Ayuda a saber español Amigo.

NbleSavage

Veteran
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Good on ya, Jada. Good Samaritan indeed.

Capt'n Ron

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Nice work Jada. You make us all proud

PillarofBalance

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Don't feel bad about initially having walked past him... That's a product of your environment. Nice work though jada.

Four1Thr33

SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Good shit brother!! How long was he there, did he say?

LeanHerm

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Nice work jada. Hell of a man.

Jada

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys , I'm just happy I was there to help him

Jada

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Good shit brother!! How long was he there, did he say?

He had to be laying there for at least 5min tops let's say cuz I saw people passing by him and I was fixing my pull over sweater while walking to him.

anewguy

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Glad to see there are still people like you around bro.

The other day I was riding home from the gym with a few guys that are not real close friends. We saw a car smash into a pole dead on... I told the dude to pull over and the SOB wouldn't... He just kept driving and said theyd be alright. I wouldve jumped out if there was a stoplight... dickheads. Anyway, props to you bro.

63Vette

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Good work Jada. I believe in Karma. The old man just enjoyed some and you have good things coming. Like POB said, your environment and passed out drunks from your previous experiences have conditioned you to "let sleeping dogs lie". That is not something you need to feel any remorse for. Once you realized this was a man in need of help you acted swiftly and wisely to assist him and get him whatever help he needed. Good things my young friend.... God bless you brother.

Much Respect,
Vette

AlphaD

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Nice story and good for you Jada. You know if more people look inwards to help people out we wouldn't have such an F'ed up society.......oh well it is what it is. Glad you were there at that moment man, because the younger generations have no respect for the elderly anymore.

New Threads