The flu!

Illtemper

SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Fuck me! I caught the flu last Friday and still feel it a week later..... This is hell! I got it, then both my boys developed fevers and caught it, now my wife is catching it..... This sucks! I have never been so damn tired in my life. I haven't worked all week, no school for the kids and we are all sick just laying around all day.. It feels like this will never end!!

I don't know what else to do, my body hurts from being so lazy and not being active....... But when I try anything it feels as if I'm gonna pass out..

I usually take a lot of vitamins and keep a good diet. I've eatin more fast food now cause with the kids being so sick it's impossible to focus on anything but them. By the time eating comes up, nothing's thawed or sounds good. Plus my appetite is horrible.........

If you take vitamins triple them, this sucks!!!!!!!!

I hope this shit ends soon!!!!!

DF

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I hear ya brother. I've been fighting something for a bit myself. Lots of phlegm in the lungs, cough ect... Best thing that I can recommend as far as food would be to over dose on some good soup. It's easy to warm up. Easy to digest & will help keep you hydrated. Try to stay away from canned soup b/c of the high sodium content. Hang in there brother.

Emmerz24

Reaction score
Knock on wood but I have been able to evade the flu the last couple years.

BigGameHunter

Veteran
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
This wont cure the flu but at least youll feel better. Get well soon.

gymrat827

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Fuck me! I caught the flu last Friday and still feel it a week later..... This is hell! I got it, then both my boys developed fevers and caught it, now my wife is catching it..... This sucks! I have never been so damn tired in my life. I haven't worked all week, no school for the kids and we are all sick just laying around all day.. It feels like this will never end!!

I don't know what else to do, my body hurts from being so lazy and not being active....... But when I try anything it feels as if I'm gonna pass out..

I usually take a lot of vitamins and keep a good diet. I've eatin more fast food now cause with the kids being so sick it's impossible to focus on anything but them. By the time eating comes up, nothing's thawed or sounds good. Plus my appetite is horrible.........

If you take vitamins triple them, this sucks!!!!!!!!

I hope this shit ends soon!!!!!

i saw this thread and was thinking in my head...... i bet this guy lives in chicago..... sure enough..yep.

yea, ive been on and off sick for 7wks. Everyone at work is sick and theres nothing i can really do about it.

I was almost better and than my lady friend really came down hard with it. blows..... and not in a good way

GL bro

PillarofBalance

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
We're getting hammered in Boston too. Last year was 70 cases of flu reported in the city. So far this year... 700. With deaths. And flu season doesn't start until February.

If you haven't been vaccinated you should do so. It's not too late.

gymrat827

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
We're getting hammered in Boston too. Last year was 70 cases of flu reported in the city. So far this year... 700. With deaths. And flu season doesn't start until February.

If you haven't been vaccinated you should do so. It's not too late.

fuk that.... i got a flu shot, the first one ive had prolly in 5yrs +. Right after it i was sick, and have been back and forth ever since.

never again

PillarofBalance

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
fuk that.... i got a flu shot, the first one ive had prolly in 5yrs +. Right after it i was sick, and have been back and forth ever since.

never again

Not fuck that... 3/4 of the people with the flu so far have been unvaccinated. Nobody said its 100%.

PFM

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I had a bout with a bug in Aug that wrecked me, strep throat, fever so bad I stopped my yearly cut. Now just bouncing back from a stomach flu. Reading this thread concerns me greatly, getting sick again will take a terrible toll.

Hang in Illtemper and keep hydrated.

AlphaD

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Yeah I have been on and with congestion/coughing prolly 3 weeks now. We are getting hit hard here in PA too. I own a Nurse Staffing Agency, so my staff is out among all the facilities in my area working. We have 3 Nursing Homes here in quarantine status due to the flu.

jennerrator

Fallen Member
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I'm so glad I never get this shit..can count on one hand how many times I have been sick as an adult. Everyone around me can be sick as a dog, lived with someone for 10 years that got the flu every year...never got it! :)

AlphaD

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I'm so glad I never get this shit..can count on one hand how many times I have been sick as an adult. Everyone around me can be sick as a dog, lived with someone for 10 years that got the flu every year...never got it! :)

True Identity revealed....Superwoman! ;)

corvettels3

SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I'm just now getting over some shit I caught. Congestion, sore throat, head pressure, you name it I had it.. I was out from the gym for 2 weeks.. Please do not be one of those dumb shits that continue to go the gym while sick..

#TheMatrix

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Its bad. Good thing I have amoxillin .....in case of an infection from gear. Doubt it I use safe pin practice. But in case the flu hits me. I have it as back up

Reaction score
I'm just getting over a touch of the flu myself.
About 20yrs ago I took the flu shot and got sicker than I've ever been in my life. Never again!

Illtemper

SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I dont get the flu shot for the same reasons others have posted. Last time I got so sick from it i swore never again..

At this point im feeling better but im still so exhausted that i just wanna go back to sleep right now..... Luckly my boys are doing better today, atleast the fevers seem to be gone. Im hoping the fevers stay away! I didnt get a fever or the throwing up but all the other symptoms ive had and still have some....

Here is a question i can never get a good answer on.

Can you ever take to many vitamins???? I take 2-3000mg of vitamin c and 2000 mg of d on a daily basis and usually when the kids get a cold or something i always up that level of c by 1000 if not more. I space it evenly through out the day but i had a Doc tell me that taking that much vitamin c was bad for you. Now i entertain his thoughts and i get the fucking flu.... Usually ive been like Jenner and even when the kids get sick im fine..

This is why i fucking hate doctors!!