Something that always confused me???

musclebird

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
How can a steroid give you huge mass gains but not very good strength gains or huge strength but not very good mass gains? if a steroid gives you mass, shouldn't you get ridiculous strength with the new muscle mass built? And im not talking about water retention mass... a good example i can think of is t-bol vs anavar. T-bol is said to be better to putt on size then anavar, but anavar will give better strength gains then T-bol, nether give any water retention... so why dose T-bol make your muscles bigger but not stronger and anavar make you muscles stonger but not that much bigger? is it different types of muscle the compounds build? because anavar is suppose to make your muscles harder.. its a hardener? how and why do your muscles become harder, dose it maybe build denser muscle then t-bol? thx! all opinions welcome haha

0tj0

SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Someone please correct any of this that is wrong. I'm no doctor and right now I'm on my lunch break and don't have the time to site any sources.

I'll try to keep this as simple as I can but to be honest the whole process is VERY complex.

We have to break all this down to the cellular level. Mostly muscle cells. Some compounds are better at increasing individual cell size, others are better at increasing over all muscle cellular density. Some are better at increasing red blood cell count. Some increase basic oxidation efficiency within individual cells (its ability to preform whatever action it needs to). And some at increasing the "water" between cells.

Lets take your example of Var and Tbol and also through in Dbol:

Var is mainly good at increasing cellular density which is one of the best ways to add strength. This is also the reason for the hardining. But it adds little size to each cell individually.

Tbol will add size to each cell which is where the size comes from with it. This will add some strength but not as much as cell density.

Dbol, although it increases cellular density to a certain extent, also adds a significant amount of water between each cell which only adds bloat (personally I think this can be blamed for the oilyness of skin and acne too) and is quickly lost once the user stop using.

We can also look at EQ which is good for endurance. This is mostly due to its (although usually small) increase in red blood cell count. This increases overall oxygen delivery to ever muscle cell.

I hope this helps. Again someone please correct any of this that may be wrong. If you want a more in depth idea I can aslo try and help with that. And always remember that not every one reacts exactly the same to each compound

T

musclebird

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Hey that makes a lot of sense, thx tj!

63Vette

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I pick things up, I put them down........

LOL...... Here is all I will say about steroids:

Steroids do NOT build muscles. They do however speed up the building and repair process.

Your job is to make the micro tears and then provide the proper nutrients. You can do this by lifting heavy weights. AAS will make the repairs at the cellular and DNA level better, faster, and stronger than MOST people's natural biological process.

Some of the weaker steroids are sometimes called 'cutters' because they stop cortisol production well but are not very androgenic.

Read and learn everything you can about AAS brother..... listen to what others say but make certain you research on your own. There is much to learn and there is also a lot of misinformation so read carefully.

Good stuff!

Respect,
Vette

0tj0

SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Good read vette
Like i said. Im no dr. This is just hows its been explained to me... and to me it made since this way too. I probably should have been more clear about that.

New Threads